Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2011 Sleevers

There may already be a January 2011 Group on here somewhere and if so i will delete this one and join. But just in case, I thought I would start one so that those of use getting sleeved next months can become and stay connected.

About me....

I am 40 year old single mom of a 9 year old son. i recently hit 300 pounds, which I have been trying to avoid for a few years now.

I made a decision to get a LapBand at the beginning of this month. As I explored that decision, I decided to go with the Sleeve instead.

I have completed my sleep studies (Yep, got to go in twice! Last one last night...with a CPAP), I've had my psych eval, and I had my consult. I am self pay so it all seems to be moving so quickly and smoothly. I really feel for those who have to deal with insurance. I truly wish it were easier for you.

I cannot tell you the feeling I felt yesterday when I got the call with my date. January 13!

I am going on a cruise with family for Christmas and spending New Year's Eve and New Year's Day with my son in Orlando. We get back on January 2 and then I have my pre-op appointment on the 3. I will start my 10 day pre-op diet and then before I know it THE DAY will be here.

I hope there are a lot of January 2011 Sleevers out there!

ThatDudesMom

Hi,

there are a few january threads about but there doesn't seem to be many of us so not many posts.

Isn't it exciting that we will soon be on the other side and on our way to a whole new healthy life!

I am getting my sleeve on the 4th and time seems to be speeding up as it gets nearer and i feel i'm not ready after waiting a whole year! I guess i'm just nervous and excited at the same time.

Hey Ladies!

Another January sleever here (6th) Good luck to all of us. 2011 is going to be awesome as we get control of our lives and our destiny.

Peace & Blessings

I'm excited about January also!! I'm having it done on the 26th. Nervous, scared, excited, relieved. Glad we can be there to support each other!

I start my preop diet this Tuesday. Getting sleeved on the 11th of January. Getting excited yet a bit nervous. Goodluck to all you January sleevers

Hi guys! My date is Jan 20th! It feels so close..yet so far. I'd love to stay in touch with you guys and hear about your journey! From my understanding, I don't have a pre-op diet at all, just nothing after midnight the night before surgery.

Hey Y’all!

My name is Jessi - and I am excited to say that I am a January sleever as well. Actually I am going to be having the sleeve placation procedure. I am so excited, I can’t wait to start this journey, and to finally start the life that I know I was meant to have. I don’t have an official date yet - still working out some of the scheduling logistics at work, but I feel quite confident that it will be on the 12th!!! Congratulations to all of you, I know that you all must be just as eager as I am!!! :rolleyes:

Hi guys! My date is Jan 20th! It feels so close..yet so far. I'd love to stay in touch with you guys and hear about your journey! From my understanding, I don't have a pre-op diet at all, just nothing after midnight the night before surgery.

I am so jealous! I have been on a package shakes/bars diet since Dec. 8th! I am supposed to lose 10 percent of my weight before surgery which is scheduled for January 24th. I am losing a lot of weight but it is so hard to starve on less than 900 calories a day at Christmas time. You are lucky! I suppose this diet will make the way I have to eat after surgery a lot easier. Good luck to you and to all the January sleevers!

You know, I think you are right about the closer it gets, the harder it is to wrap your head around the whole thing and feeling like you're not ready. I feel like I get to that point with myself when I am comfortable about having it done, but then the closer it gets I get worried, I guess I don't realize it is real until it is about to be time. I am scheduled for Jan 27, and I think that getting through the holidays makes it feel all that closer, like a hurdle to get over, I have been saying after the holidays, but now that time is almost here.

Hi,

there are a few january threads about but there doesn't seem to be many of us so not many posts.

Isn't it exciting that we will soon be on the other side and on our way to a whole new healthy life!

I am getting my sleeve on the 4th and time seems to be speeding up as it gets nearer and i feel i'm not ready after waiting a whole year! I guess i'm just nervous and excited at the same time.

I'm getting sleeved January 5th. Doesn't seem real. Hard to visualize it. I hope it all works out. I hope I lose weight. I hope, I hope, I hope. Going to start a 10 day liquid tomorrow (for Breakfast and lunch) even though doctor told me it wasn't neccessary. I want to make sure I come out the other side strong. Class on Tuesday. Support group too. Get to meet SF David. Woo hoo

Hey all,

well add another January sleever..... I am getting sleeved January 14. Like many of you, it is hard to believe that I am going on his journey. I am verey excited. Been talking to people and I have already been going through bouts of sadness about not being able to eat as much as I used to. That sounds weird I know but the mind is a weird thing....

I start my Preop diet tomorrow - My Px is scheduled for January 10th.

We will be on the same road! Good luck to both of us and here's to a new beginning in 2011.

I start my preop diet this Tuesday. Getting sleeved on the 11th of January. Getting excited yet a bit nervous. Goodluck to all you January sleevers

I am a January Sleever as well! January 3rd is my date. It's been a long journey for me....On July 29, 2009, I had the lap band, then on October 26, 2009...(yes less than 3 months later), I had emergency surgery to have the band removed. That experience totally traumatized me but the good thing about it was that I joined a therapy group which helped me on my journey to self acceptance.

I am very nervous about having a 3rd procedure but I know that I will do great and I am trying to focus on the end result.

Please say some prayers for me if you don't mind. :rolleyes: