Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy, weird, but happy!!

I went to see my surgeon today, and I'm down another 6 1/2 pounds in 2 weeks which is quite good for me, as I consider myself a slow loser. My surgeon is happy as well, to the point where he'll be happy if I lose only around 9 more pounds (which will put me at a BMI of 26) because of my big bone structure ( so my challenge is to get to goal by the next time i see him in 3 months-which is to loose about 18 more pounds). The funny thing is that even though I the last time I weighed this much (or little) was about 8 years ago, now I see myself fattish again, especialy my tummy seems bigger in comparison to the rest of my body. I s it that I haven't properly looked at myself in such a long time that now I'm noticing my fat tummy more than ever, or because of the distribution of my fat at 41 yrs of age? Has this happened to anyone else? Weird but still amazed with this miracle sleeve :D

I still carry my "weight" in my stomach at 34. I haven't ever been this size as an adult. Actually, I was around 12-13yrs old when I was this weight, and I know my stomach was nowhere near this obvious back then. My weight/fat is still redistributing even at this late in the "process". I noticed a couple of weeks ago even in a size 2 pant that is a bit big in the waist that I have a tiny muffin top? ? ? Seriously, a muffin top in a size 2. I kept thinking "how can this be?", but that's what spurred the whole "need to workout again". My fat redistributed right back to my stomach. My ribs still show, my sternum, spine, shoulder blades, collarbones are all showing, but I have a MUFFIN TOP, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Sorry for the rant LOL.

It's great that you're so close to goal ! ! !

Yeah, I feel the same way. I have a BMI of 24 (5'2" and 131 lbs) and wear a 6 or an 8. I definitely have flaccid stuff in the tummy area. I don't feel fat per se, but I wouldn't mind losing another 6-11 lbs. I'm OK where I am though, if that's where I end up.

Before VSG, I was very unhappy with my body. Now I am almost 100% happy though I wouldn't mind tweaking a few things. All in all, can't complain.

Do you guys think that your tummy "fat" could be extra skin? I know I am going to have a lot of skin in that area. Also, it is VERY hard to lose fat in that area, especially for women. You are suppose to have some fat in that area, that is how we were made, to carry babies, etc... But I totally understand not wanting it there!!! About 7 years ago, I was at my lowest weight ever, around 160 pounds, and I think I obsessed about my body more. I even notice now that as I lose more and more weight, I keep examing my body more. But that might be because of my eating disorder. The more I lost, the more obsessed and the more faults I found. And, I am sure none of us wants to hear it, but you do carry more fat as you get older, its just a part of aging.

Hi, I am the same way. It is weird I know I am smaller even my undies are too big but when I look at my body it looks the same.

Definetly a lot of it is skin, but there is some fat around still, but as Sarah says it is difficult to lose fat around the tummy area especially at this age! I used to be a pear shape until about 8 years ago, when I started to develop a round shape and was on my way to develop Metabolic syndrome (started with insulin resistance) that's one of the reasons I decided to have this surgery, and whatever shape I end up having I will never ever regret having this surgery, rather be thin and have a bit of a belly than being obese as well as having a big belly!

I still carry my "weight" in my stomach at 34. I haven't ever been this size as an adult. Actually, I was around 12-13yrs old when I was this weight, and I know my stomach was nowhere near this obvious back then. My weight/fat is still redistributing even at this late in the "process". I noticed a couple of weeks ago even in a size 2 pant that is a bit big in the waist that I have a tiny muffin top? ? ? Seriously, a muffin top in a size 2. I kept thinking "how can this be?", but that's what spurred the whole "need to workout again". My fat redistributed right back to my stomach. My ribs still show, my sternum, spine, shoulder blades, collarbones are all showing, but I have a MUFFIN TOP, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Sorry for the rant LOL.

It's great that you're so close to goal ! ! !

Tiff muffin top will disappear at some point (at least after TT). I'm close to goal but keep changing it, as I stated on another thread somewhere, my surgeon will see me in 3 months again, and even though he will be happy for me to get to 154 (which will put me at a BMI of 26-because I have a big bone structure) I "dared" him that I would get to about 141 pounds that will put me at a BMI of around 24.5. Because of my stubborn nature I will probably try extra hard to reach the lower goal just to prove a point!