Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling presured to decide

Confused texan,

Ok so after I had my daughter I gained weight I over the years.I am now 210 the most I have ever been I want one more kid in the next 4 years.I am trying to decide with getting the sleeve or just doing more dieting.My godmother is offering to pay the surgery.I worry that if I gained the weight back she would threw it in my face that I wasted her money.Does it get easier to eat less very time you eat.My doctor did not answer to many questions.Since the day of the first app havent slept more then 4 hours,but from what I am reading that what my new life will be.I dont have much support from hubby and only told a few friends most dont want to talk about it much with me much.My hubby just says do it.Juat frusterated nt know what it will be like to eat very little for forever and haveing to watch your drinking alcohol as well.

How many people out there that can tolderate dairy after the sleeve.

DO you even going out to dinner anymore?

Any regrets

Any advise would be so great I feel very alone

Well I'm only 8 days out. I have no issues with milk. I am able to drink without any problems. I went out to dinner, I just had Soup and ate around what I couldn't have. I will not lie these first weeks are hard. I am not hungry, but I miss putting food in my mouth. The thing with the sleeve is that Adventually you will be able to eat most things in moderation.

You have to decide what is best for you. I know with my second pregnancy, I had gestational diabetes and hypertension because of my weight. I know that I will not have any more children until I am healthier.

I only had problems with milk (not other dairy) and only right after the surgery. I don't remember when they went away, but I'd say after a month/month and a half? That said, I'm not a huge milk drinker, I just have milk in my Protein shakes (1-2 x a week, I prefer bars) and a small amount in my tea, which probably isn't enough to cause discomfort, anyway.

ETA: in regards to your other question, my boyfriend and I go out to eat almost every day. I save the leftovers for Breakfast and lunch the next day - sometimes for as long as 5-6 days, depending on what it is. In fact, I'm currently eating some ravioli in meat sauce that I took home from a restaurant on Tuesday!

Whats been the hardest thing?I was not even very over weight before my daughter and I was on bed rest with I had gestational diabetes so I figure I will be high risk. Do u sleep well?I have been reading that people dont sleep much after the sleeve.

I need to decide my tuesday cause my aunt says she wont pay next year for this

I sleep just fine after my surgery. I haven't heard anyone else complain about sleep problems after surgery.

AniO

make sure this decision is right for you!!

my highest weight was 214lbs and tomorrow I will be 10 weeks out... I feel normal aside from eating alot less.. And I feel as though I made the best decision of my life!.. I have not had any children yet as I am only 22 but I know that when I do have my children I will be an active participant who will not be ashamed of myself because of my weight!!..... I hope this helps you out but the #1 thing is to have ur head in the right place before you make ur decision

I think the sleep issues you're referring to are due to the anesthesia. They are over in a week or so after surgery.

Oh ok good cause I am already an insomiac can't go to bed before 1am.How long does the so full feeling last for most people. I would love to not crave junk food.What did u to stay awake during the day when u could not have coffee?

Thanks for the advice ,

herealone

Please don't do it because someone offered to pay for it. This is a huge life altering surgery. You have to get the surgery because it totally makes sense for you and to you. Gifts with strings are not good gifts, so your aunt needs to understand you may not be twiggie just because you had weight loss surgery. Although lets face it, you would look really great and be healthier at least in the near term. Long range statistics are not available for this new surgery.

Rethink it. You'll know what to do.

More so than the physical aspect of the surgery, you have to be mentally ready. This decision and preparing for it is not something you can decide in a months time. You need to to make eating changes long before the surgery to prepare for healthy choices after the surgery. I think wrapping your head around the new life style is a bigger task that the physical surgery itself. The surgery is not a "Quick Fix" it is merely a tool to use in the life long changes of a modified healthy lifestyle.

i spent a year learning healthy choices, 6 months of counseling to prepare for my surgery. I have watched my daughter who had RNY suffer from lack of preparation from the get go. She did not deal with the head issues that made her eat in the first place. She seen the surgery as quick fix and and has struggled from day one with the changes in her body. She has even gained weight recently after 6 months post op.

I read this post and even gave a short reply a couple of days ago, but it's been nagging at me. I agree with the previous poster about being careful of gifts with strings attached. If your Godmother is willing to pay for it now, why not a few months from now when you've had time to make an informed decision? If need be, have her research it right along with you. Godparents should be one of your greatest cheerleaders and there to encourage you through important decisions. If that's not that role she wants to play and if you're seriously considering this surgery, then use the time you need to prepare to get your insurance in order or save up the money yourself. You don't need ANYONE holding this surgery over your head.

I don't know what it's like in the US but during the psychiatric evaluation they will try and find out if you've been coerced into having this surgery or are being pressured in anyway to do it against your will. They will flag that up and it could delay things until they are convinced this is actually what you want for yourself.

Maybe some of the stateside folks can comment on that. I live in the UK and I've been asked by my GP and was told to be prepared to answer any questions about my decision to have this surgery and if I was being pressured due to abuse etc..

Best of luck - remember it's your body and yours and only your decision on what to do with it.

DO you even going out to dinner anymore?

Any regrets

Any advise would be so great I feel very alone

No Problem with Dairy at all (yum Yum)

Not realy going out to dinner but lunch is better for me.

My biggest regret is I didn`t have the sleeve done earlier but then again it wasn`t around :)

My Advice is to eat less and exercise more, what tools you use to help you do that is your business.

More so than the physical aspect of the surgery, you have to be mentally ready. This decision and preparing for it is not something you can decide in a months time. You need to to make eating changes long before the surgery to prepare for healthy choices after the surgery. I think wrapping your head around the new life style is a bigger task that the physical surgery itself. The surgery is not a "Quick Fix" it is merely a tool to use in the life long changes of a modified healthy lifestyle.

I agree with this. I think it's also important to make sure you're 100% mentally ready and it's YOUR decision because the surgery may not work out as well as you hope it will. I doubt you'll regret this surgery assuming everything goes well. But imagine that you have bad luck and end up with a leak or infection and have to endure several months at the hospital. You have to make sure you are ready for this risk and if someone else made the decision for you, as a negative post-op experience could mean the demise of your relationship with that person, as you would undoubtedly feel a lot of resentment towards them.