Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not controlling my sweet tooth

candy goes down way too easy. I have been eating so much junk for the last 3 days.

Sleeve family please help. I am eating Reese's like they are going out of business (just a note - I love them so much. In fact, my husband proposed many years ago with an insant winner coupon in a Reese Bar). I am also downing Twizzlers and at this moment, drinking a glass of wine.

This is my public CONFESSION!!! Please Sleeve Family ... give it to me. Don't be easy on me. I need your "wrath" to help keep me accountable and get me back on track.

Okay, you asked for it, I say this from love .....

Well Mini, keep eating like that and you're going to have to change your name. You must have enjoyed being fat, you long to return to the good old days? Then keep stuffing candy in your mouth. Self-sabotage much? Go make a chocolate and Peanut Butter Protein shake, or Protein ice cream. chocolate Peanut Butter combo is my achilles heel too, so do you see me eating anything with that flavor? NO, because I didn't go through the expense of this surgery so I could stay f***ing fat. Put the candy down and get your a$$ to an overeater's anonymous meeting, or get thee to a shrink, our issues with food are multi-faceted and now that you are at goal you are in a dangerous zone of getting complacent or transferring addiction. Or, continue to shovel candy into your mouth and gain weight.

OH MINI! I wish I could help you BUT I went OFF today :( ...You are correct, candy goes down too easy ;(

But I will say this, tomorrow is a brand new day and full of brand new mercy, brand new start :) yayyyy!

Mini-me I'm on the same boat and only 3 months out! Don't drink wine though (can't stand it now) and only had a few mini chocolate bars in last few days :( So I am taking what GT said printing it out and carrying it with me at all times!

All I can say is get it out of the house. I'm having trouble too with it being here. The kids don't NEED it, husbands don't NEED it so if they want it they can find somewhere outside of the house to keep it.

Oh the only advice I can give is still count every single bite of chocolate and sip of alcohol you consume, I do, and on saturday I reached 1209 cal! Yesterday did better, a bit less then 800 cal, I had a cocktail at a halloween party, but i did watch what i had during the day cause I knew I was going to have some chocolate and drinks at night, today back to square 1 though and I'm weighing on friday! :o

Bless your heart Mini. . . thats all i can say to you at this time. . . bless your heart, I'm so sorry you are hurting at this time. . stressing or whatever it is. . .this isn't you, you are a proud person, proud to have lost what you have. . your hurting and taking it out on yourself with the candy. . i'm sorry hope you feel better soon

OK ... Today is a new day. Not really sure what was going on over the weekend. But, putting it out here & publicly admitting my "out of controlness" helped.

Repeating to myself ... "You do not need that Reese Cup ... You do not need that Reese Cup". :)

Mini, good for you on starting fresh. Every day is a new day for doing it right.

You definitely do not want to sabotage the excellent efforts you have had so far. Get those candies out of the house! They are a danger to you and sounds like might be your trigger. Sometimes we just have to give up our triggers completely if you feel out of control once you have them again. Even after an extended period of time. I have this with Doritos. I just can't have them, they cause me some serious emotional damage and ruin me.

You are a tough lady! You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to.

Sweet Mini-me

As a danish woman, I didnt know what Reese bars were.

I needed to know, what gave you these crazy feelings... :-)

Now I know and see (google:-)) - havent tastet it, and will never dare to try.

I am glad you are starting on a fresh - maybe many of us just have these crazy cravings for our "special" food.

Like alchoholism. I need to work on my cravings for the rest of my life. Not sleeved yet. Thank you for you post - I need to know, that I still have to work with my food issues.

This is why this forum is fantastic..

Sweet Mini-me

As a danish woman, I didnt know what Reese bars were.

I needed to know, what gave you these crazy feelings... :-)

Now I know and see (google:-)) - havent tastet it, and will never dare to try.

I am glad you are starting on a fresh - maybe many of us just have these crazy cravings for our "special" food.

Like alchoholism. I need to work on my cravings for the rest of my life. Not sleeved yet. Thank you for you post - I need to know, that I still have to work with my food issues.

This is why this forum is fantastic..

And remember- your brain does not understand a negation. It can not understand the word "not" - so if you are repeating what you dont need, your brain will se the picture over and over again - Reese - reese...

Like "Do NOT think of this pink elephant". Does your brain produce an image of a pink elephant?

What do you need instead?

Make some pictures of that in the wonderful clever brain of yours...

Maybe you already know about the negation-theory. :-)

Thanks and LOL ... I'm putting the emphasis on do not NEED. Yes, they are good. Yes, I like them. But, do I need them to be healthy? NOPE. Can I have "ONE" occaisionally. OF COURSE! Can I have a few (ok, more like 7) in a day? NOPE!!!!!

I appreciate the accountability. Exactly what I needed. I told my husband so he can be on Reese alert for me. I really don't want them out of the house. While no one needs them, it is a nice treat for my kids. (Who, by the way, ate a few pieces and left the bowl alone.)

I can be stronger than the Reese Cups! :D:D:D

OK ... I posted this on OH and I'm going to post it here too. This is my Holiday Challenge. Who's with me?

I would like to see 125 by Christmas. That will force me to make good choices over the holidays and provide a "bounce back" period when I move fully into maintenance.

Not sure if I can take off 7 pounds in that time period. The loss has been really slow as I have approached goal. But, I'm gonna try!

I think this time of the year is really bad. I know I had one mini snickers bar the past two days, and felt so guilty. I bought 4 big bags of candy thinking I was going to have alot of trick-a-treaters, and only had four. So I was stuck with four big bags of candy, I did not buy reeses, as they are my all time favorite, and knew I would not be able to control myself. I had my daughter bring a big bag of candy with her to school, brought a bag to work , and still have alot left, but got rid of the snickers, the rest of the candy is kind I can live without. Mini me I know you are not the only one that this happened to and with the holidays around the corner I know you will not be the last. Just remember we are all in the same boat. We can kick that candy's butt, we don't need it... Thanks for being brave enough for this post. Globetrotter, thanks for the tough love you are so right, and I just needed to hear (read it).