Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone

I'm starting a new thread so we UK sleevers can share our progress.

For me, it will be 3 months since my surgery next week. I weighed myself this morning, and worked out that I've now lost 5 stone 2.8lbs! The difference it has made to my life has been incredible. I was in a size 30, I'm now in a size 24/26. I seem to be losing about a stone a month now. My hair isn't falling out at all at the moment but I am quite careful about taking in Protein. I had my first piece of chocolate the other day and it was nice, but I don't feel like I need to eat lots of it anymore. I get compliments left, right and centre about how much I'm changing and my friends tell me how nice I look. Something that didn't happen much before! Things are pretty good so far. I don't regret having the surgery. I've only been sick a couple of times and that was from gulping Water. I even had my first alcoholic drink the other night. Granted, I sipped it slowly, but it was nice to be out and about being 'normal'.

I'd love to hear your stories about how you are doing, so please do share them.

All the best

Bella

Hi Bella, I'm Angela joining you from Yorkshire.

Wow you are doing brilliantly, congratulations on your amazing weight loss !!

Its so inspiring to hear how well you are doing and in such a short time too.

I'm not sleeved yet but I have a provisional date of Dec 7th. I am also having my op on the NHS, although I have no co-morbidities. My PCT follow NICE guidelines and my only condition of being accepted was for me to loose a stone to show my commitment.

I'm so looking forward to joining you and our other sleeve brothers and sisters on the loosers bench !!!

Keep up the good work

Best wishes Angela.

Hi there!

I haven't been on the forum for quite a while as I've been so busy with work commitments! Anyway, I had my sleeve op in France (where I live) in mid-June, and have lost 30 kilos so far. I was a size 22-24 and am now in size 18 jeans (with a belt as the waist is too big) and some tops are now size 16.

I've got a pair of leather boots, which I haven't had for years as my calves were too big.

My hair is thinning quite a bit, but it isn't noticeable to anyone but me and my hairdresser ;-)

I sometimes forget to eat... but not too often.

Well done to Bella on a magnificent achievement, and also to Angela at the start of your journey

Hey Ladies...

Greetings from sunny Wales!!!

I was sleeved 3rd July... and am doing ok, pleased with my weight loss so far... mind compared to you Bella I am ashamed...lol!

I agree with your comments on how life changing this is! Getting compliments is something I was never used to or took well, but now I sorta believe people when they say how nice I look or how healthy I look because for the first time in my life I am starting to feel good and believe in myself. There are sooooo many little things that only us, who have been obese, understand ... little things like wearing my engagment ring and my wedding ring all day... wearing high heeled shoes to work... going to the gym and not crying on the way home because my groin is on fire and my shin splints are hurting! My 10 year old son being able to put his arms around me and for his hand to touch... that was a NSV that had me in tears...lol. The list goes on!!

I suppose, I feel in control of things are last, and that alone is an amazing feeling. Although, I am not even half way to goal, I already feel so much better, younger and fitter... I started at a 24/22 and am now comfortable in an 18 (nearly in that elusive 16!!!)

Lets keep each other going ... =]

OMG... just noticed your ticker Judy... well done to you too... you are both putting me to shame here!!

Any secrets you want to share to help me speed my weight loss up so I don't let the side down....lol xx

Hey girls you're all doing so well! I'm on a stall (self-inflicted) my inlaws visiting from South America and my mother in law is a great cook, so I've been a bit naughty, plus my baby was 1 year old last week so I had some cake, pizza and Baileys :angry: They're leaving today so I've strated again hoping to lose at least half a stone before Christmas, so I'm gonna have to be extra good!

Hahahahaha just noticed this is for y'all in the UK....oh well sorry

Stall, stall, stall that's how I'm doing...at least I'm not gaining. So it's all good :)

Wow, everyone is doing so well. Don't worry about letting the side down or not losing as much as the next person. We're all different! I was massive to begin with (154kgs) which is why I think I've lost so much so quickly.

I too am having a stall. I've been the same weight since 2 weeks before Christmas when all the holiday guests arrived. The last one is leaving on Sunday so it shoudl be back to normal then. I've just started at the gym too. What was most shocking wasn't that I was much more able with all the cardio work, it was how weak I was in the arms and shoulders. I couldn't even bench press 10kg!! My husband thinks I may have a bit of muscle wastage from the weight loss. To be honest, I don't care what it is, I just need to get pumping Iron at the gym to build up my strength...

Happy New Year !

Bella x

Hey folks, I'm in Notts, good to find some other Brits doing the sleeve journey!

I'm 12 days post op and I've lost about 8lb since surgery (difficult to be precise as my surgeon didn't weigh me), it seems sooo slow compared to other people i see who are a couple of weeks out and have lost 20 odd pounds, but I guess in this race I'm only competing against myself.

Happy sleeving folks :)

Hello Again! Well done everyone on your weight losses - how are you all doing? It's fab that spring is here, and I certainly have a spring in my step compared with last year! Last time I posted I was in size 18 jeans... well, in Feb I bought a pair of lovely navy tailored East trousers, size 16. Tried them on in the shop, fit beautifully, gorgeous fabric. Went to put them on for the first time yesterday... aaarrgghh! TOO BIG!!!

This has happened with a few things that I have bought. I am now in size 14 for most things.

Bra size went from 42DD to 34G! Husband says it sounds like a Jordan bra!!.

I had my check up from surgeon yesterday. He is pleased with weight loss, am nearly there now. Just need to up the exercise a bit. I had some hair loss, but that is thickening up now - I can recommend a Kerastase product my hairdresser gave me - has been amazing. Only other downside was my Vitamin D levels plummeted, but a quarterly concentrated dose puts it right. I also get cramp in my shin... ow ow ow! Lack of magnesium apparently - supplements seem to have sorted it out!

Don't worry about stalled weight loss; it has happened to me from time to time, but soon gets going again. You are still changing shape, and need to keep noting the NSVs (non scale victories!)

I want to do the Moonlight Bra walk this year - anyone know anything about it? Or is anyone doing th Run for Life in Cambridge? If you do it as a power walk, I'll join you!!

x

MORNING EVERY ONE

I AM FROM SHEFFIELD

I HAS A VGS ON THE 7th FEB

AT THORNBURY HOSPITAL IN SHEFFIELD, DR ACKROYD ,,, BRILLIANT DOCTOR

I AM OFF TO HOSPITAL ON THE 23 rdMARCH FOR MY FIRST APT , KEEP YA POSTED WHAT I'VE LOST ,,,,,,,,,

ANN XXX

:0))

Hello uk sleevers!

My name is Faye and I was Sleeved on the 13.5.11 in London.

I just wanted to say hello and see if there was anyone else from London on here.

I'm doing really good and am healing up nicely.

For me there have only been two nasty things abouthaving this done; 1 the wind pain! Omg it hurt do bad I asked for morphine! Lol and 2 I had a reaction to the glue used in the dressings so I have a few small blisters on my tummy.

I very grateful that I have had an easy ride and am looking forward to the new slimmer me!

I wish you all lots of luck on this journey and look forward to sharing it with u all!

X x x

Hello,

I had my op on 16,07,11 at King's.

All went well. No complications so far. Feeling very sore and moving about rather slowly.

Yesterday, that's 2 days after surgery, I had my first cup of chicken soup!

Guys it was THE BEST I've ever tasted.

I'm a bit woblly and shaky but that will soon past, I hope. Wind is a bit of a problem. Trick is siping tiny amounts and very, very slowly.

Talk to you soon,

Kermit

Hi everyone, Ive yet to have my 'op' but just reading your posts fills me with such admiration for you all. I am so looking forward to the 'Op'. sounds funny but, and i know its a cliche! but this really is the start of the rest of my life! I am having my op done at the Luton and Dunstable, so far they're support has been fantastic, The team there are so supportive and helpfull. I know it will probably be painfull, but i guess it's a bit like child birth, you know its going to be over with reasonably (i can only speak for myself) quickly!!! hopefully!. If any one out there has any experience of the L&D i would like to hear from them. In the mean time i see the consultant on the 2/9/11 and hopfully get a date for the 'op'. Regardsless of how quicky or slowly you have all lost I think that you have all done amazingly well.

Hello there!

Just came from my first post op meeting in my diabetic clinic. I'm type 1 on a insulin pump.

Since 16.07.11 I lost 17,5 pounds. That's 8 kg, about 2 kg a week.

I'm on constant high! I'm slowly changing my food, too. Less of a baby smooth mushes, more small bits included. I'm feeling very good. One thing, I tire very

quickly, no reserves I think. Anyone else with this problem?