Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a fill doctor in Florida

Thanks,

I am the only person i know with the band, I am driving myself crazy with all the what if's:confused:

Hi Bee,

You can't worry about the what if's, but it is much easier said than done I must admit. Trust me I know what you are talking about b/c I was self-pay and have enormous debt now b/c of the surgery. That being said, I don't regret having it for one minute. I am so much happier and healthier and that is way more important to me than a little bit of debt which I know I will pay off in 2-3 yrs. As far as support groups go, I turn to LBT and other message boards for support. I could drive to some but I don't feel it is necessary. I get the information and help I need online but some ppl may benefit from more personal interaction. You have done awesome so far with your weight loss and are right where you should be. Get ready to watch the weight fall off of you!

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/169/160

5'7''

Liz

Thank you,:P I needed to hear that, i can't wait to see the weight gone, cuz lord knows i've paid the price for it, physical and financial. but i've gained 3lbs back i work out, eat so much green stuff I could just die, :eek: i watch the calories, i hurt all over. in a good way i think. maybe i am rushing things or expected to much to soon than again i am so tired of being fat not that i want to be a size 2, :P but i'd like to like my body, all the confidence i have now is just word of mouth, i repeat them cause that is what i am suppose to feel aboutmyself or what i want people to think i feel about myself. dont get it wrong i like silly old me just not the silly old body that come with me.

Could you please give me the name of your Dr. in Dade City? I live 15 miles norht of Orlando and I really need a fill. I have no restriction and have already regained almost all of my initial weight loss! Arrhhh! Eve

:girl_hug: Eve,

My dear, we are on the same page i lost 10lbs, but i've gain 3.5lbs back,:omg: I also have no restriction, and I am 'bout to go outta my mind, can't find anyone yet they charge an arm and a leg or they don't take patient from Mexico. I am so ready for a fill that i've call my Doc back in Mexico. so sorry i can't help, but please keep me in mind if you find someone.:grouphug:

Good Luck in your search

Bee

Who is your Doctor can i get a name and number, cause i am due for a fill and need one bad.

Thanks

Bee

Hey There! My Name Is Sara, And I Had My Surgery Last Week. I Would Recommend My Doctors In Dade City, Fl. Their Prices Are Very Resonable For Non-patients. Reply If You Want Any More Info

I'd love the name and number of the doctors in Dade City, I really have to get this fill yesterday! Thanks in advance Sara! Eve

Hello Bee

I tried to send you a private message and it would not go through. I decided to spend the extra money to feel that I am getting the most attention for my lap band. Let's face it...for those who went to Mexico...wanted the least to spend out of pocket for the surgery. In my mind, now that I must live here and not Mexico, that maybe I should spend the money to guarantee the success of a band I had placed January 29, 2006.

At first I drove 2 and half hours to Key Largo and then the doctor doubled her fill costs. I finally broke down and joined the US Bariatrics of Orlando, located in Celebration Florida. I really should have done this first...just bit the cost..

This band is life changing and to be so brave to go into another country to have a very serious operation, we should not cut the corners when we get home. Take a serious look at Dr Kim. Yes in the beginning it costs a little more money, but the fills are reasonable and you get the best professional care you could ask for...AND they really do care about your goals and progress.

Try not to short change yourself..all of us need "physical" support for this type of surgery. Take a look at this forum...you need human contact to get you through this process...it was well worth the money for me.

Dr Kim

Good Luck Bee and don't give up!! It is worth it..I lost over 70 lbs, work out 4-5 times a week, feeling the best I have felt in over 5 years..I would do it all over again if I had to....

Glenda

:clap2: Went for my first fill today with Dr. Wiljon Beltre on Palm Springs Rd. Altamonte Springs. VERY nice experience. Full check up before, lots of questions by him and had 2cc's. The cost was $180.00 for the office visit and fill. Any fill after this will be $80.00. No fluro but he does the procedure himself and he also performs lapband surgery in his practice. I can't tell you what a relief it is to have had it done after NO restriction and back to exactly my pre-sx weight.He had no attitude about my having my surgery in Mexico. Highly recommended:scared: !!!

I hate how these doctors are raising the prices for fills so much. I had a similar experience happen to me. I see Dr.Jessee in Largo and when I went for my first appointment I learned that the price of a fill self pay was changed from $200 to $400. It had changed ONE DAY before I went in. I love Dr.Jessee and her staff but that is just way too much money for a fill. Not to mention the fact that it is $750 for a fill with fluro. That is just ridiculous...;) They know that we have no other choice but to fly back to TJ so they keep jacking the prices up.

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/164/160

5'7''

I use Dr. Beltre in Altamonte Springs, FL (near Orlando). I've only gotten one fill done there, but liked him very much. Price is $500 for 1st visit and fill then $100 for each fill thereafter. No flouro though.

I will not go into the details, but I will tell you I had one of the worst experiences of my life with an office staff at Dr Beltre's in Altamonte Springs! I was there for my first visit and was treated soooooooo badly I never got past giving them my I.D. cards..I walked out! It was that bad and it takes alot to upset me! What a horrible staff! I have to drive a long way but I will stick with Dr Grossbard and his wonderful group.

Sorry you had to go through a negative time....but I also go to Dr. Grossbard and they are nice and he seems to really care! I appreciate this.

God bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -89lbs :thankyou: