Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Hundred Pounds... Finally!

Well, here I am! 100 stinking pounds lighter and I couldn't feel better - I feel like I am "home" - back in the body I was supposed to have. I feel like a million bucks, I feel like an 18 year old. I feel like I have a chance to STAY this way for a change! That's the best part. This has been one helluva ride but I have absolutely no regrets at all. I would do it again in a NY second. Overall, my experience has been... boring? No complications, no drama, just good stuff all the way. It is a head twist, however, and it takes some getting used to - I imagine more for some than others. It's been pretty easy for me. My only "issue" has been acid and it's keeping me from losing the last 4.4 pounds... it will come though. And I know my ticker says 99.6 pounds but when I started I could not measure to the tenth and I'm 10000 percent sure that I was probably OVER 254 by at least .4. So work with me here!!! Lol!! Yes, I want to lose another 4 pounds and I know it will come off. The last bit of weight has reeallllyyyy come off slowly but I am eating as if in maintenance for the most part. I still am VERY conscious of carbs - I know my ass is going to explode if I go over 60 but I do - barely - on occasion. But you know what? Keeping my eating under control is pretty easy - nothing at all like before. So, here's some pics - finally - I can't even believe that's me pre-op... how did I let myself get like that - again - and how did I live like that? Forward, right?

Argh! I am not doing something right loading these pics, not sure how to get a decent sized photo in here... they are all in my albums if you're curious. Woooo!

picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1319&thumb=1

First pic 254#, January 22, size 40 shorts and tight, size XL shirt and the belt *barely* buckled. Size 42DD bra, size 18 in women's pants 22/24 blouse. With a tape measure, my waist was at... 44"... omg.

picture.php?albumid=263&pictureid=1324&thumb=1

Second pic 204#, March 2010 - wow that came off fast! Not so sure on the sizes as they were going by so fast at that point. I remember I couldn't get into a size 12 shorts that I bought around then. Now they fall off...

picture.php?albumid=518&pictureid=2733&thumb=1

Somethings up with my camera...

Third pic - 154.4 taken the other day during TS Nicole - I've been waiting all year to wear the boots! Heehee! Anyway, size small uniform top, size 32 shorts (too big), same belt as pre op but goes almost 1.5 times around me. Waist measures at 32! Bra is 36 B!! I've NEVER been a B!!! My husband and I both are a little freaked about that one. My ribs stick out higher than my boobs when I lay down. Good God. Anyway... women's size *6* in shorts and pants - did I say SIX?! lol! Never been there either!

Good luck to us all,

C

Well, here I am! 100 stinking pounds lighter and I couldn't feel better - I feel like I am "home" - back in the body I was supposed to have. I feel like a million bucks, I feel like an 18 year old. I feel like I have a chance to STAY this way for a change! That's the best part. This has been one helluva ride but I have absolutely no regrets at all. I would do it again in a NY second. Overall, my experience has been... boring? No complications, no drama, just good stuff all the way. It is a head twist, however, and it takes some getting used to - I imagine more for some than others. It's been pretty easy for me. My only "issue" has been acid and it's keeping me from losing the last 4.4 pounds... it will come though. And I know my ticker says 99.6 pounds but when I started I could not measure to the tenth and I'm 10000 percent sure that I was probably OVER 254 by at least .4. So work with me here!!! Lol!! Yes, I want to lose another 4 pounds and I know it will come off. The last bit of weight has reeallllyyyy come off slowly but I am eating as if in maintenance for the most part. I still am VERY conscious of carbs - I know my ass is going to explode if I go over 60 but I do - barely - on occasion. But you know what? Keeping my eating under control is pretty easy - nothing at all like before. So, here's some pics - finally - I can't even believe that's me pre-op... how did I let myself get like that - again - and how did I live like that? Forward, right?

Argh! I am not doing something right loading these pics, not sure how to get a decent sized photo in here... they are all in my albums if you're curious. Woooo!

picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1319&thumb=1

First pic 254#, January 22, size 40 shorts and tight, size XL shirt and the belt *barely* buckled. Size 42DD bra, size 18 in women's pants 22/24 blouse. With a tape measure, my waist was at... 44"... omg.

picture.php?albumid=263&pictureid=1324&thumb=1

Second pic 204#, March 2010 - wow that came off fast! Not so sure on the sizes as they were going by so fast at that point. I remember I couldn't get into a size 12 shorts that I bought around then. Now they fall off...

picture.php?albumid=518&pictureid=2733&thumb=1

Somethings up with my camera...

Third pic - 154.4 taken the other day during TS Nicole - I've been waiting all year to wear the boots! Heehee! Anyway, size small uniform top, size 32 shorts (too big), same belt as pre op but goes almost 1.5 times around me. Waist measures at 32! Bra is 36 B!! I've NEVER been a B!!! My husband and I both are a little freaked about that one. My ribs stick out higher than my boobs when I lay down. Good God. Anyway... women's size *6* in shorts and pants - did I say SIX?! lol! Never been there either!

Good luck to us all,

C

WOW! You look AMAZZZZZING!

Wow, I am sooo happy for you! Size 6 is unreal! I weigh only 146.5 and wear 12 to 14's so you are blessed! Congratulations on a job well done. It must feel so awesome to have lost 100 pounds!

Sharon

You are such an inspiration! I love to hear these success stories! I hope mine will be like yours one year out. Great job!!:)

congrats! you look absolutely wonderful. i'm new to the site and your story is just another success to keep me motivated. i have not had my surgery yet but reading stories like yours just gives me hope that i one day can be a normal size. you did it and you look great.:)

You are a rockstar! I am really excited for you and can't even imagine what being a size six could possibly feel like. Thank you for your support and encouragement through this whole thing, you are an excellent example to me of combining exercise and healthy eating to have an overall healthful life! You really are one of my heroes!

Anna

Congratulations on your success! You're way ahead of me since we had surgery at the same time. Great job losing 100lbs - whoooooo hoooooo!

Congratulations! That is just so cool!:001_smile:

Hey Folks,

I'm feeling like a turd here so I wanted to follow up and let you guys know how much this board and all of you have meant to me during this journey and, of course, now as the journey continues. It's a journey for life afterall. Anyway, I feel bad for not saying that first and foremost on my post here. You all have been hugely instrumental in my success thus far. And thanks for all the amazing comments from you guys...!

YOU ALL ROCK!!!

Thanks again for everything you've done for me and for each other. :w00t:

C

WOW, you have done so well. thanks for sharing the pics with us. They are amazing. Best of luck on your continued success.

Congratulations! I love how everyone is so happy on this board. You rocked your sleeve!