Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coconut Water

Does anyone in here drink Coconut Water ? I've become addicted to Vita Coco and I think it's a good thing since it's a fraction of the calories of soda etc.. and only has 5 carb and 0 fat per 330 ml can and it's all natural.

I'm hoping to get the VSG done I'd like to continue drinking this once I do.

I do! I first became familuar with it when I had a homebirth for my second baby. My midwife suggested it and remarked that coconut was the only food you could live solely on. I drank it through my labor and afterwords too. It can also be used in the place of blood transfusions (how cool is that?) I have stocked up on several tins of coconut Water for post op.

I drank some when I got home from the hospital. It was something I could drink, not super sweet and just felt good going down.

I drink it on occasion after a hard workout....I count the calories and the carbs and enjoy...ice cold....yummmm...

you can also mix with PB2 to make a peanutty curry-type sauce for chicken and seafood.....instead of using coconut milk....

Djackson, wow you are a tough one huh? A home birth, daaang I couldn't wait for them to get me to a hospital the minute I went into labor. I think a home birth could be a pretty awesome thing as far as atmosphere and being comfortable.... if I wasn't a huge chicken. LOL

...you can also mix with PB2 to make a peanutty curry-type sauce for chicken and seafood.....instead of using coconut milk....

That sound great!

What section of the store do you find it in? And do you find it in regular stores, or do you have to get it at a health food place? I'm intrigued!

Djackson, wow you are a tough one huh? A home birth, daaang I couldn't wait for them to get me to a hospital the minute I went into labor. I think a home birth could be a pretty awesome thing as far as atmosphere and being comfortable.... if I wasn't a huge chicken. LOL

Haha my first son was born my c-section after 19 hours of pit induced labor (I was ignorant about pit and induction) so my homebirth was a hella lot easier to recover from and have in general. I'd be chicken to go back into the hospital again for a birth lol!

Just came here to look for this. Before surgery, I was at a health food store trying to imagine what may be good for me after surgery. I saw Zico coconut Water and bought two bottles. I love it!

I am trying to maximize nutrition right now, I am worried about low calories but even more about low nutrition.

It drinks easy, I had plain yesterday and pomberry today - pomberry tastes like berry yogurt, a little tart kick to it.

My surgery was Tuesday, so I am only a few days out and Zico seriously helps with my hydration! No, I am not a Zico spokes model, they'd probably get some Brazilian bikini hottie for that and not me :-)

Does it taste like coconut? I saw one brand was about $2 a small box.. does that sound right?

For some reason, I remember a paper my nut gave me saying to stay away from Coconut stuff....

now I have to go find it to see what it says lol

No, I don't think it tastes like coconut - I'd almost say more like yogurt or so. That made it quite pleasant to me, because the rest is all so sweet...

There are good coconut waters and bad. I drink Vita Coco which is ok'd by the nutritionist I'm seeing for dieting. It has no added sugar, no fat and no cholesteral. Iit's 100% natural coconut Water and I've been told it will be fine to have after I have the surgery. It's very hydrating.

Now other coconut waters can have fruit pulp added and extra sugar added - these are not good. Make sure to check the label.

I do!

I use it to refuel/rehydrate after doing long runs (I'm training for a half marathon). I prefer the pineapple flavored over the plain Coconut Water and have found it at Trader Joe's, World Market and Vitamin Shoppe. They are about $1.39 per 8oz container. I've used both ZICO and Vita Coco. Over twice the amount of potassium as a banana and even though we hear how high in cholesterol coconut is, etc.---that is not the case with coconut Water. Check it out if you're curious. The plain was not palatable to me at all but the pineapple was great and they also have one with mango.