Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm craving roasted vegetables

....and left half a fudge brownie (a free one, if I must add!) uneaten today.

It's official - this surgery is a miracle. Lol.

LOL No kidding! I've already noticed some changes in my cravings. I did crave some cheez its a few days ago, but I think it was more the cheese flavor itself that was driving it. I can have some melted in my Soups day after tomorrow!!! Yeah!

But seriously though I was buying all my Soups today for my next phase and I was choosing ones like, broccoli or Tomato - the healthier ones mostly. I was more excited over the healthy soups than picking out my puddings or fudgesicles! This surgery is a downright miracle, that's no lie!

I had a lot of food fantasies during the Clear Liquids and a few during the full liquids stage, but once you start on the more solid stuff, you realize it's not all it's cracked up to be. I find that my expectations of food these days are too high. I mean, there are still things I enjoy more than others, but no more food-gasms for me like before the surgery. :glare: When I try something for the first time post-surgery, I find that I care about it a lot less than I thought I would. My counselor thinks it might be because I no longer have the same amount of serotonin receptors in my stomach as I used to, so I can't derive the same amount of pleasure from food. For example, I was really gung-ho for an avocado half an hour ago. Had 1/3, and even though it was perfectly ripe and I put just the right amount of salt on it, it was just "ok."

I had a lot of food fantasies during the clear liquids and a few during the full liquids stage, but once you start on the more solid stuff, you realize it's not all it's cracked up to be. I find that my expectations of food these days are too high. I mean, there are still things I enjoy more than others, but no more food-gasms for me like before the surgery. :001_tongue: When I try something for the first time post-surgery, I find that I care about it a lot less than I thought I would. My counselor thinks it might be because I no longer have the same amount of serotonin receptors in my stomach as I used to, so I can't derive the same amount of pleasure from food. For example, I was really gung-ho for an avocado half an hour ago. Had 1/3, and even though it was perfectly ripe and I put just the right amount of salt on it, it was just "ok."

I didn't know about the serotonin in the stomach! :thumbup1: I have found the same thing about the food being just OK. I find that I crave Water more than food. Which I'm a former Cokeholic and too me that is a miracle! I also find that as time goes by, I don't like the taste of the high sugar, high carb foods, like Cheez Its! I also find that I don't have that undeniable urge to be eating all the time. I can be around food now with having huge uncontrollable fantasy about what I see. OMG! IT IS A MIRACLE! AND I LOVE IT!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

LOL....isn't it great? I agree with you though...it's so much easier to leave all the bad stuff behind now and I definitely crave more healthy stuff now.

I love it!

My inlaws and husband ordered in a great looking dinner from an italian place last night. Funny, the thing I wanted the most was the antipasto salad stuff... mozzerella cheese and roasted peppers, etc. The veal/chicken parm and the Pasta I didn't care much about giving that a second look. I HOPE for some real significant changes.

OMG I had a nightmare (i'm calling it that) dream last night that I was eating donuts... one after anohter, just stuffing donuts into my mouth. LOL! I woke up feeling guilty, embarrassed, laughing at myself. How crazy!

misdiva.. what kind of Soups are you buying. I want to get some of the cream soups, but I don't want too much fat/salt. Is there a healthy request or a few versions you swear by? IWould love to sample a few good ones. This is for phase 2, right?

I'm about two weeks out from surgery and cravings and hunger have been minimal. But yesterday I had to take a group of people to lunch at a buffet. This was the first time I was kind of envious and sad. Fried shrimp and fried catfish and jambalaya and shrimp fettuccine. And liver & onions! I know most people hate it, but I'm not one of them. Oh and this place makes huge, but very light and buttery dinner rolls. I listened as everyone else oohed and aahed over the bread and butter. Watched as they went back for second plates of their favorites and tried to figure out the recipe for the catfish dipping sauce. Sigh. My cup of gumbo without rice was tasty, though, and I did get full.

Did my hunger hormones not get removed?

Last weekend we took my son and his Family to Golden Corral for their wedding aniversary. Of course it is a huge buffet with everything imaginable. I had crab salad, naked shrimp and about a tablespoon of white Beans. It was all yummy and I didn't even look at the Desserts. They one thing that looked and smelled good was the pot roast. I'm not eating beef yet so I wanted to wait...it smelled so good! I ate some deer meat loaf last week and I felt it sitting in there until it was time to drink some Water. It was good but I'm a little reluctant to eat more.

My inlaws and husband ordered in a great looking dinner from an italian place last night. Funny, the thing I wanted the most was the antipasto salad stuff... mozzerella cheese and roasted peppers, etc. The veal/chicken parm and the Pasta I didn't care much about giving that a second look. I HOPE for some real significant changes.

OMG I had a nightmare (i'm calling it that) dream last night that I was eating donuts... one after anohter, just stuffing donuts into my mouth. LOL! I woke up feeling guilty, embarrassed, laughing at myself. How crazy!

misdiva.. what kind of Soups are you buying. I want to get some of the cream soups, but I don't want too much fat/salt. Is there a healthy request or a few versions you swear by? IWould love to sample a few good ones. This is for phase 2, right?

Loved the nightmare! I've also been having some really bizarre dreams lately too.

As for the soups, I was just comparing labels and I chose the Campbell's Healthy Requests. They have significantly lower sodium and almost double the potassium. I will need to puree some of them because they are a bit chunky (nothing fibrous) and then strain it, but still~ It's gonna be good!

Ooh OKay, that's what I was thinking. I'm def. interested in hearing which ones you like when you start, okay? Thanks! Hmmm, you are 5 days ahead of me. So when you are enjoying your campbells healthy request cream of chicken Soup.. I'll still be sipping swanson natural goodness broth. (lol!)

I like the double potassium and lower sodium... that sounds perfect for me. I am on high BP meds, and those are two things I always look for. Thanks again! p.s. I have a cream of broccoli Soup recipe if anyone is interested. It's tasty and I THINK it's healthy.. doesn't look like it has too many bad things in it, if any.

Ooh OKay, that's what I was thinking. I'm def. interested in hearing which ones you like when you start, okay? Thanks! Hmmm, you are 5 days ahead of me. So when you are enjoying your campbells healthy request cream of chicken soup.. I'll still be sipping swanson natural goodness broth. (lol!)

I like the double potassium and lower sodium... that sounds perfect for me. I am on high BP meds, and those are two things I always look for. Thanks again! p.s. I have a cream of broccoli Soup recipe if anyone is interested. It's tasty and I THINK it's healthy.. doesn't look like it has too many bad things in it, if any.

No problem Jordien! I have HBP too (though I think I've finally rid myself of it, need to make a Dr. Appt to find out) so I too look for those things. :bored0: I don't want it back either so I'll always try to find the lower sodium products!

I had a little bit of yogurt today which is the first thing I've tried since my clears phase and I felt ok eating it. I only got in 3 oz (half the bottle) and that was 5 hours ago and still feel satisfied. I know though its about time for me to eat again. I'm gonna just have my Unjury Protein chicken soup and try again tomorrow for more creamy foods. :)

Dr. A told me to take my time and be patient with myself, and is exactly what I'm doing. :scared0: