Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think that's a good idea. The first few days I didn't want anything. But now I'm doing better getting some calories in and Protein. I am just trying to continually sip throughout the day.

That chocolate smoothie sounds great. Wow... What kind of frozen yogurt? chocolate? Any special brand? What brand did you use? And what whey Protein has 52grams a scoop? Mine (unjury) is 40 g per scoop and I thought that was good! I am def. going to make that when I get to my 2nd stage. I can't have milk yet. Just clears. Wow a chocolate marshmallow smoothie sounds good about now. Guess I'll go have a lime Jello in the meantime. haha...

I am having a hard time chocking down anything and am totally NOT hungry. My concern right now is fluids and pain medicine. It takes me 30 minutes to chock down the pain medicine and then I sip on my Protein Shake which I make with Water. I finally slept for 4 hours so I need to make up some drinking. I am worried about dehydration. I can't believe you guys able to eat anything with texture. I wish. I must be more swollen then most.

cherice, your surgery date is two days behind me, and honestly.. two days ago, I could barely eat or drink anything. Just rest when you can. Are your pain pills tiny? Mine are very little, so I put it far back and just get a good dip of liquid in. Thank God they're tiny though. Maybe you could ask for something else if you think it would help. I think you will see a difference in tomorrow and the next day. I did. I was worried about dehydration too, but I just sipped slowly what I could and gradually added more as I could. Good luck. (((hugs)))) To everyone! My inlaws are here visiting, and I'm in my nightgown, boobs flopping around and everything, and I just don't care. I have a different perspective right now. lol! Thank you all so much for talking to me these few days!!! You are helping get me through!!

jordien,

52g scoop is six star muscle professional strength whey Protein - got it at Walmart. (i just re-read the directions. it takes 2 scoops to make 52g. what a goober i am) the chocolate yogurt is umpqua. i dont know if they sell it anywhere but oregon or west coast. i imagine anything will do.

i know it's not the best thing for me but anything at this point is better than nothing.

yesterday i took a knor leek Soup package and mixed it with tasteless whey pwder 42 g's, milk and Water. it had the consistancy of powered mashed potatoes so had to keep adding liquid to it to get it to loosen up. not great but at least it's not sweet.

the smoothie went down really easy with no cramping. the soup causes cramping but not bad. i have some home grown veggie soup in the freezer. i strain out the chunks and give it to the dogs - the broth is full of all the nutrients and man it's good. the only thing not from our garden is the chicken broth. we also made a beef veggie soup. threw stew meat, beef broth, peppers, onions and chiles in a crockpot and let it cook all day. it too was awesome. the dogs love my diet. (o;

we just have to keep trying things. be creative. it's not too hard to eat - it's getting the nasty protein down.

i'm going to look online for some Protein Shots. i hear they're 40-50gs in 3-4 oz. probably tastes gross but i can do it twice a day easier than 10 times a day.

Edited by gena155

I didnt worry about Protein or calories the first two weeks. For me it was all about hydration also. If you can get it in then awesome. Just getting my fluids was a booger at first.

I agreee, just keep trying things and be creative. Hey check the thread further up, I posted about these 2.5oz shots I got that have 28g of Protein. THey're made by Hormel and not TOO terrible.

mp I started out thinking about just hydrating, but I had so little energy, I decided to add in Protein. It def. gave me a pep in my step (not literally.. lol) and I needed it.

TMI but after anesthesia, I have trouble peeing. It's happened every time I have aneths. So of course it happened again. I'd be all night long having to pee, but couldn't go. Add to my hospital experience being straight-cathed twice, JUST so I could pee... omg... so I was super paranoid about peeing. Making sure I'm getting enough liquid to keep going to the potty!!!

I think if there was something to be paranoid about, I'd find it!!! I really need to take a chill pill soon! lol.... I am going to get on the scale tomorrow I think. I haven't been on it yet. Kinda crazy with fluids, surgery, a drain still hanging on me, bandages, but I'm curious.

I would recommend not getting on the scale. I did today and I am up 3 pounds :( I know I am really swollen so I am fine, but better not to subject yourself to that. Wait a week.

I am struggling to figure out what works for me. Discovered the pepcid is huge. Doc is recommending I take Maalox in between because it seems to wear off after 7 hours and I can only take it every 12 hours. I am taking liquid Tylenol with codine, but I think I am going to switch to regular liquid tylenol tomorrow and see how I manage. The codeine makes you constipated and I have seen no action since Wednesday so I think I might be headed in that direction. Not good :biggrin0:

it is great to hear I am not alone. Everyone says how "wonderful" they feel after surgery. I am guessing they are not talking about the first couple of days because this has not been wonderful. I feel so unprepared.

Oh, I love hearing how everyone is doing! It seems to be getting easier to drink. I have Protein Shots that have 46 grams of Protein in it so I Water 1/2 of it down for lunch and then I have Unjury Protein Powder chicken broth and try to do that twice for a total of about 64 grams of protein. I couldn't get down the last chicken broth because it really is starting to get to me. I can't wait til Tuesday when I can have Tomato Soup and milk and yogurt!!

Hello Everyone! So maybe day 7 is the magic whistle because I feel Fan-freaking-tastic today! I was sleeved last Friday and up until today I haven't even had the will to get dressed everyday. It wasn't the pain, because that is minimal but I just was super tired and lazy. Well today, I got up, showered, flat ironed my hair, weighed myself, and got dressed! I even went to the mall with my hubby and kids. Maybe it's that I'm so excited to finally be under 200 pounds...I've lost 9.4 pounds since the sleeve and my tummy is still swolen so I know I still have some Fluid floating around in there.

I'm having a hard time with the liquids...today I went to Jamba juice and got one of their "light" smoothies with a Protein boost and I managed to sip about 10 spoonfuls of that over about an hour...that's pretty good for me! I actually had a whole GoGurt for Breakfast...over about an hour, and chicken Tortilla Soup (well the juice of the soup) for lunch and dinner (about 10 spoons each time). Hey, maybe that's why I feel so darn good...I'm actually nourished today.

Anyway, I hope everyone starts feeling better so we can all concentrate of getting sexy!!! My goal is to be fine at 29 and my birthday is on October 8 so I got to get it together fast! LOL.

So today is 1 week out from VSG. No regrets yet those first couple of days were horrid. Not painful but trying to choke down enough liquid was a full time task. Read on this site from other posts that hydration was #1 priority which I took seriously first 4 days. Then day 5 I really tried to reach goal of 64 oz, which I am still not getting but I am really close. Used to be able to drink a Big Gulp in a short amount of time ... he he

Every day brings a big change, stronger, more capable, moving more easily. Driving now too for short distances. Saw surgeon today, he recommended a shot glass of any liquid every 15 minutes for 8 hours to reach goal for hydration.

Still unable to hit protien goal while gagging down Protein shots...how do the rest of you do it?

Hello recent sleevers! My surgery was Tuesday. I came home from the hospital on Friday. I have been feeling kind of restless. I am tired of lounging around watching TV. I suck at relaxing I think. I want to go out and do things but I know I need to rest and I will get really tired. We might go out to the movies tonight. I just want to get out of the house. I can't wait till I sleep on my stomach again. I am so not a back sleeper. Last night I tried sleeping on my side and tucked my blanket or a throw pillow under my tummy to kind of cushion it. That was better then the previous 3 nights I spent sleeping on my back. Each day I feel a little better. Will be happy when I'm off clear liquid and onto regular liquid and can get some more variety. Tiring quickly of Water, tea, etc.... I have 2 inscion sites and the one in my belly button is still tender but my 2nd one (the smaller) is feeling better already.

This is my third day post suregery. Feeling pretty good. Throat still sore and not getting enough fluids yet but trying to drink Isopure to get some Protein. I have not had pain meds for 2 days. sleep was difficult at home last night. Ended up on the couch at 0400. It wasn't to bad!!!

Day 4 and I am doing a little better. Today my goal is to drink, drink, drink. Still so not interested in food, but I will work down my Protein Shake. I am pretty mobile. I went for two walks around my neighborhood yesterday and walked around the house as much as possible. Pain is still there and I am not particularly motivated to do anything, but I can't lay in bed anymore. It is killing my back! I think it will mostly be a couch and movie day, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm 2 days post op I got home 1 day after last night was ruff it hurts to take sips I feel like there's a big gas bubble in my chest that won't come out, the liquid Tylonal with codene really help when it kicks in I get 3 hrs sleep, I'm scared I'm not getting enough Water I just can't get much down I'll keep trying tho, does anyone ever gag nd feel like ur going to chuck? That what last night was I did start passing more gas which is good I guess

The first days were terrible for me. Every day gets better. By day 14 I was feeling great :)...