Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got back from Disneyland - Questions???

Hi All,

I just got back from Disneyland where I walked what felt like 40 miles a day. And I have lost nothing??? I assume that I didn't lose any weight because I did tend to eat higher fat foods(not much else available at Disneyland) but not in large quantities. Is this all part of the course? Why would I be able to eat a small bowl of frozen yogurt without a problem one day and then a couple days later take a couple bites and not be able to eat any more?? At three and a half weeks, is this still an adjustment phase or is this normal? The other thing that was strange while I was on vacation was that now that I am eating more soft solids, I find I am having a hard time figuring what it is I can eat easily. It seems to change daily. I've read that mornings are often when most are a little tighter but what I find is that the first couple of bites need to be slow or I get that tight feeling and I either can't eat anymore or have to drink something and let those first couple of bites pass before I can eat anymore, no matter what time it is. One afternoon I was starving and decided I would just eat a couple bites of my daughters hot dog instead of buying something I wouldn't be able to eat all of and found out what PB-ing is all about. Wow, how uncomfortably strange. I wasn't sick to my stomach, my stomach just said Nope aint gonna keep that in here and up it came. I ate it on an empty stomach and just assumed there would be room for it and it would be OK - WRONG. I have to admit there were times I wished I could just eat what I wanted when I wanted but the band reminded me constantly of why it was there. Don't get me wrong, I am still loving my band. It helped me to say NO when I really wanted to say yes several times in Disneyland. The hotdog incident was quite an eye opener. ;) I really don't want to go there again. It was a little disappointing not to have lost anymore weight but I lost so much the first week I guess it's too much to ask for to lose a whole lot more this first month. Sorry to ramble on....I must have missed you guys and your words of wisdom!!:eek:

Kathy, I hope you had fun at Disney!

Before your first fill, I don't think it's possible to really say anything meaningful about your restriction. Soon you probably won't have any; what you have now is still a result of post-op swelling and the healing process. In a few more weeks you will likely feel perfectly normal and not be able to tell that you have a band (unless it decides to surprise you sometimes, like with the hot dog incident).

Before i had restriction hot dogs and hamburgers were tricky,i had to eat it really slow and chew the heck out of it.Now it's almost imposible to eat those two foods.

C

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches