Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a N.CA mentor/buddy

I am in the Modesto area and had my sleeve done at the Fresno Kaiser. I am 29 days out. I am learning as I go but would be glad to tell you how my journey is going. If you want to talk, message me.

Hi, My name is Shannon and I am in the very beginning of the journey. I had orientation at Kaiser Richmond last year and wasn't quite ready. I'm way ready now. Last year it was all about the Lap Band but now I have found that Kaiser may not offer it anymore(?) and also am noticing that the later complications are way more than the sleeve so after much research, the sleeve it shall be:lol0:!! I would appreciate someone that has had the sleeve done and would like to be my buddy!!! Thank you in advance!! :001_tongue:

I did the same thing Shannon. I was one of the first to be offered the sleeve in Richmond in 09 by Dr. Fisher. I decided that I was not ready and besides I did not want to be a "test case"!!!!!!!! I did go ahead with the sleeve in october 10 and could not be happier!!! Just got into 12s yesterday. I have not seen that number in my closet for 20 years :lol:

Good luck! Write back anytime. I am in Elk Grove CA.

Hi My New Life!! :D

I have been away from this post for awhile so I will let you know what is going on:

I had Dr.Fisher and transferred to Kaiser South San Francisco in December. I just wasn't real comfortable with Dr. Fisher so that is why I transferred. I love SSF and their program. My surgeon is Dr. Robert Li and I just got my surgery date scheduled for March 21st - WOOHOO!!:lol: Now I am just going over my everything in preparation. I am so excited. I live in S.Sacramento but lived in EG for 26 years and grew up there. I go to the Point West meetings and will be starting to go to the Wyndham support meeting on Mondays now as well. Maybe I will see you there!!

I had my surgery at Kaiser RIchmond with Dr Fisher, (Dr Baggs assisted) also had hernia repair

I am 8 months out.. still learning what my stomach likes and dosn't like.. as it changes constantly .. but other then that feeling pretty good..

any questions feel free to ask

Sherri

Hi My New Life!! :D

I have been away from this post for awhile so I will let you know what is going on:

I had Dr.Fisher and transferred to Kaiser South San Francisco in December. I just wasn't real comfortable with Dr. Fisher so that is why I transferred. I love SSF and their program. My surgeon is Dr. Robert Li and I just got my surgery date scheduled for March 21st - WOOHOO!!:lol: Now I am just going over my everything in preparation. I am so excited. I live in S.Sacramento but lived in EG for 26 years and grew up there. I go to the Point West meetings and will be starting to go to the Wyndham support meeting on Mondays now as well. Maybe I will see you there!!

Hi Sherri!! That really helps - thank you. I am kinda going through all the "freak out" emotions. lol. Last night I dreamt that my hair was falling out in huge amounts. It seems like it always has come out in more than normal amounts but my hairdresser says my loss is normal and I just notice it more because it is sooo long. I eat all my Protein and all my Vitamins and it grows like crazy but around the age 35-40 is when my mom's hair started to thin (I'm 30) so I was thinking about that before bed last night - hence the dream I'm sure.

:unsure:

Since you had the hernia repair also, did you feel a lot of pain or have a difficult recovery?

Hi-

I'm scheduled in SSF with Dr. Alami on june 13.

say hi to the nurses for me- They took care of my wife back in Dec. and did a great job!

I'm so impressed!

Welcome Chef Neil. Your surgery date is getting closer. Are you excited?

This thread has been quiet for awhile. How's everyone doing on their journey?

Hi Lee and Chef,

Well, I'm one week away from my surgery on June 6th and getting nervous quite honestly. I'm definitely ready for this, but at the same time I completely realize how life altering this will be. I know it will be fine, but I'm nervous just the same! Anyway, best of luck to you both!

Welcome Chef Neil. Your surgery date is getting closer. Are you excited?

This thread has been quiet for awhile. How's everyone doing on their journey?