Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What protein have you liked the best?

I am 3 days post op and am not getting in my liquids or Protein. My Dr. has ok'd me to have full liquids. I need to concentrate on getting in my liquids & protein. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I went to GNC today & bought a soy Protein Powder that tastes chalky, and awful! So just wondering what has been the best for all of you? Thinking about getting an Isopure powder or Unjury?

Ooo I wanna know this info too!

For ready made Protein Drinks and I also think they also make it in bulk to purchase...Hands down Muscle Milk, those taste delicious. I love the vanilla creme (im a vanilla junkie anyways) and the chocolate one is also great. My mom has drank them for years while training for marathons and my children are known to grab them from the fridge to drink we had to stop that because they are not cheap lol. I buy the muscle milk light vanilla creme from Walmart and move it from the fridge and put it in then freezer about 15 minutes before I drink it. YUMMY I am having one tonight as my snack and I can't wait.

For unflavored Protein Unjury is great. I have been using it in my Vitamin Water pre-op and you can't tell it is there. Changes the color but the flavor is not changed. :) My husband and I ordered some samples from them and a big container of the unflavored so we can add it to everything.

I found BSN Lean Dessert flavors to be pretty good. I like the chocolate fudge one, and my husband likes the banana one. I also like Muscle milk, but it seems to have more calories for less Protein than I'd really like. I also use GNC brand unflavored, and it's okay. I'm really trying not to use shakes as much to get in my protein, but those were the ones I could tolerate.

My favorite so far - hands down - has been one that is fairly unknown called Tight Curves. I get it at the Vitamin Shoppe (or online) and it's specially designed for women. It's not a super high Protein shake at 15g's but the carbs are low and Protein absorption at one shot is only about 15 grams anyway. That said, I usually mix in a half scoop of Jay Robb whey vanilla. Still using this mix daily and not sick of it yet. Oh yeah, my favorite Tight Curves flavor is chocolate but they are all tasty.

One thing I can tell you is if you get powders, don't add too much Water. That seems to be a common mistake and can really make them gross.

Good luck!

C

Hello Meri... Glad to hear that you are up and about. When did you come home? I got out of the hospital yesterday and feel pretty OK. I really like the Muscle Milk(pre-made not pwd) but I am kinda tired of them due to the 2 week pre-op. I ordered some of the Unjury in the unflavored and have mixed it in sugarfree Jello, Crystal lite and even warm tea, I can't really taste it but it has a little bit of that Protein smell. Let me know how you are doing

I have yet to find a powder that I can stomach. I have tried 9 different RTDs. Atkin's Advantage is not bad and a good price at Walmart. But, I LOVE "Oh Yeah" Protein drinks. The chocolate milkshake flavor is divine and it has 32 grams of protein with only 4 carbs in a 14 oz drink compared to Atkins which only has 15 grams of protein. They are a little pricey so, my search for a decent powder continues. If you should get Oh Yeah RTD, GNC offers 1/2 price on the 2nd case when you order 2. Don't try the Cookies N Creme flavor though it tastes like plastic, LOL.

Get online and order some samples. I bought a sample pack of one brand and then hit Vitalady's site for just about every low carb Protein powder she had listed. I saved a bundle - because for every powder I found that I liked, I found two I couldn't tolerate. I only found a few that were really good.

I used powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored, chicken Soup, and chocolate at first and was fine with them for a few weeks, but by the end of full liquids couldn't do them anymore.

I like most of the nectar flavors, but many hate them. I don't like the Muscle Milk Light - for me, it had too many carbs for too little Protein and the taste wasn't appealing. Right now I LOVE Allmax IsoFlex Peanut Butter chocolate, Chocolate Mint Supreme and vanilla powders. The PB and CM flavors have 2 grams of carbs and 27 grams of protein per scoop and the vanilla has half a gram of carbs and 27 grams of protein per scoop. I have trouble getting in calories, so I often use two scoops at a time.

For me, Protein Powder always tastes best mixed with milk, but I can't afford the carbs if I use a protein powder packed with them. I prefer low carb Proteins so I can mix in some extras to make it tastier. What I love about the IsoFlex powders is that they even taste great with Water if I can't do milk.

My recommendation is to buy a bunch of what sounds good, or is recommended by folks here and try them all to see what you like and what fits into your particular nutritional plan.

~Cheri

PVL whey Gourmet Peanut Butter and chocolate is delicious. You can get it from Netrition.com. The shipping there is 4.95 for no matter now much stuff you order.

I think anyone starting out should go to the food section and look for the thread "places to order samples" You can try samples of many things without ordering big tubs of stuff you may not like.

I like BSN Lean Dessert Choc. Fudge pudding and I like to mix it with the banana pudding. I get it from vitacost.com Again, the shipping is 4.99 for no matter how much stuff you order. I am sure they would carry the OH Yeah, because that's where I get my Oh Yeah Protein bars. I like the choc. mint and the choc. Peanut Butter. They are like Kit Kat bars. very yummy

I like Pure Protein from Target. 25 gm in 12 oz, goes down easy, tastes good. I buy the frosty chocolate and the vanilla is ok too. Coupons on line are $1.00 off each. For a good size tub of the powder, I pay about 17.99 without the coupon. They last a couple weeks drinking twice a day. I didn't care for the Bariatric Advantage mix at all. I know some people don't like products hawked by the biggest loser, but truly I was drinking them on my diet months before surgery and I never watched the biggest loser, so I wasn't aware. Anyway, they taste good.

GG