Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's official....I'm SLEEVED!

I don't have it as bad as you, my pain level is at at 2 to 3, but when I drink it is like a 5 to 6. I actually got in my fluids yesterday, but having a hard time with the Protein. I am right with you I don't know if I can take anymore Jello, chicken broth. Yesterday I bought some suger free popcicles, and thought I was in heaven, and the thought of another whole week of this makes me want to scream. On top of that every other commercial is for food, if I see another AppleB's commercial I'm going to go postal. lol I hope your pain gets better, and just know you are not alone.

LOL!!!! :lol0: OMG, that is so funny. One of my friends came to visit me yesterday and I told her if I see another "2 for" Applebees, $1.99 Popeyes chicken and Biscuit, Lonestar Steakhouse, or KFC commercial, I'm going to SCREAM! ;) You have got to be kidding me? I've never even realized how many food commercials are on tv. No wonder we are obese. :001_huh: For every 3 food commercials, there is ONE Jenny Craig, Weight Watcher's, or Nutri-System, weight loss commercial.....unbelievable! Oh well, we are going to be fit n fab before long, and those food commercials will mean nothing to us. BTW, I am starting to finally feel better. I had my surgery exactly one week ago today and I think I might go back (half day) tomorrow. Still not feeling 100%, but I need to get back. How long do (or did) each of you stay home before returning to work?

Thanks all....we are on our way!

I was wondering, can you all tell me if you had your surgeries with Dr Rodrgiuez,

and also a friend of mine wanted me to ask, she is a smoker and was wondering if anyone new anything about her getting the surgery when she is a smoker???

Oh ya, also can you have carbonated drinks with the sleeve??

Thanks Lisa~

LOL!!!! :lol0: OMG, that is so funny. One of my friends came to visit me yesterday and I told her if I see another "2 for" Applebees, $1.99 Popeyes chicken and Biscuit, Lonestar Steakhouse, or KFC commercial, I'm going to SCREAM! :drool5: You have got to be kidding me? I've never even realized how many food commercials are on tv. No wonder we are obese. :) For every 3 food commercials, there is ONE Jenny Craig, Weight Watcher's, or Nutri-System, weight loss commercial.....unbelievable! Oh well, we are going to be fit n fab before long, and those food commercials will mean nothing to us. BTW, I am starting to finally feel better. I had my surgery exactly one week ago today and I think I might go back (half day) tomorrow. Still not feeling 100%, but I need to get back. How long do (or did) each of you stay home before returning to work?

Thanks all....we are on our way!

Can you tell me how to put the little bar at the bottom that shows your loss of weight progress?

I was wondering, can you all tell me if you had your surgeries with Dr Rodrgiuez,

and also a friend of mine wanted me to ask, she is a smoker and was wondering if anyone new anything about her getting the surgery when she is a smoker???

No, I did not have my surgery with Dr. Rodriguez. Your friend will have to stop smoking. I'm not a smoker, but the first seminar I went to the Doctor definitely addressed it and said all smokers must stop and should not smoke after surgery. No caffeine, and no carbonated beverages.

Can you tell me how to put the little bar at the bottom that shows your loss of weight progress?

You will notice a title above the weight loss tickers (not just mine). You can create a ticker by going to that website; there are a few different sites you can use. Best of luck. Let me know if it works....glad to help.

:blush:Oh, my gosh, I'm so jealous. I'm almost three weeks out and am just starting to get some energy back. I finally get to puree some chicken. I never thought I'd be able to eat it but it tastes pretty good after not having any real food for so long.:thumbup: It's wonderful that you have so much engery.

Hi there,

I am asking all the sleevers here if you can answer some of my questions,

I have decided to go with the sleeve instead of the plication, well im 80% sure and I was wondering, will you all be able to drink any carbonated drinks down the line? Also how long is the healing process?? I need to know so I can go back to work. I am worried about leaks has anyone had a leak or is that like something really rare that happens?

I would like to hear any info you can give me

Thanks,Lisa

I was officially sleeved on Tuesday, had some problems keeping things down but its getting better everyday. Pain is ok the worst is the indigestion and and pain when drinking too fast. The surgery went well and I only had one incision in my belly button. I am just hoping I feel like myself pretty soon and get to some real tasting food.< /p>

I was officially sleeved on Tuesday, had some problems keeping things down but its getting better everyday. Pain is ok the worst is the indigestion and and pain when drinking too fast. The surgery went well and I only had one incision in my belly button. I am just hoping I feel like myself pretty soon and get to some real tasting food.

Hi Chantae,

Congrats on your new sleeve! Were did you get your surgery?

DId you the regular Sleeve or the PLication?

Hi there,

I am asking all the sleevers here if you can answer some of my questions,

I have decided to go with the sleeve instead of the plication, well im 80% sure and I was wondering, will you all be able to drink any carbonated drinks down the line? Also how long is the healing process?? I need to know so I can go back to work. I am worried about leaks has anyone had a leak or is that like something really rare that happens?

I would like to hear any info you can give me

Thanks,Lisa

Hello Ms. Lisa,

I had an unusually long recovery because I ended up having some internal bleeding. The surgery itself went well. I am a bleeder. So it really is nothing to do with the surgery, I just tend to bleed a lot. They gave me two units of blood while I was in the hospital and it stopped the bleeding. It wasn't a leak per say. I think the bleeding was coming from my surgery sites, you know the six little holes they make, but I'm not sure. Now it's just a matter of building up my red blood cells again so I'm very tired. Although I'm now three weeks out and starting to feel a little more energy, i.e. I can now take a shower, dry myself off and not have to lie down because I have no energy:thumbup:. I've even done a little very light housework. As far as carbonated drinks go, I don't drink them normally so I've never asked. Someone else will have to answer that one. What is plication?