Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maddie, you've given me hope when my world has turned grey and bleak. I've been "stuck" for almost 2 weeks now, fiddling with the same 2 or 3 pounds and feeling like "why the hell did I have this surgery if I'm just going to lose 23.5 pounds (post surgery) and STOP forever? (feels like forever).

Even w/ your explanation I am still afraid that this is just it...no other weight will be lost. But I am LESS afraid.

This is EXACTLY how I felt and what I was thinking last night! Feeling scared I spent more money then I have to my name on a surgery to loose 20lbs.

I am struggling to get in enough Protein each day. Yesterday I made it to 50g and that was the most I have gotten in yet. I am 2 weeks post op. I can only drink so many Protein shakes a day and my food options are still rather limited. ARGH!

I was sleeve about 4 1/2 monthsago and I am also in a stall I have not lose anything in 2 weeks. I have not gained anything which is a good thing. This is my first stall I have lose about 55lbs so far. I am able to eat more now than I was 2 months ago so I am worried that this is why I have not lost these last 2 weeks. I am going to up my Water which I have not been drinking like I should.

Great posts. I would like to add something to Maddie's explanation of stalls. The liver makes glycogen (read: stored glucose) in order to keep blood glucose levels steady. The liver doesn't convert fats into gycogen though, it either needs carbs or Protein. This is why keeping our protein up is so important. Our muscles and brain run on ketone bodies (which do come from fat metabolism) and glucose. If we don't have enough protein to synthesize the glucose we need, our bodies will break down muscle. Not what we want.

Maddie,

Thanks for the info....I'm going to quote you in my blog.....best explanation I've ever had!

Thanks....

I'm soooo frustrated....I've having a stall, week four AND week 5...nothing lost. People say to up the Water, others say to up the cals...I'm so confused. In order to up my cals, i had to up my fats from 5-10g to 10-20g in order to get my 600 cals in per day. And i'm only "just" making the 600cals. I feel like I'm eating all the time...and I'm bloated, and upset. Protien is at 80-90 and carbs at 20-30...7 glasses of Water each day... Stop the ride...i wanna get off!!

I think I'm getting out of the 3/4-week stall now! I didn't really need to do much different - it'll happen. Finally broke back into the 200s!!! Haven't been there for years and years.

woo hoo thegeek!! think my 10 day stall just BROKE!!! ugh seemed like forever, without this wonderful site, I'd went out of my mind. thanks everyone!

Yes, thank you for these posts. Was feeling like I too had made a huge mistake...all this money and pain for only 32 pounds. Have been stuck there for almost three weeks. Very discouraging! Your posts have given me hope that the weight loss will pick back up.....eventually. Thank you!

Thanks for these posts! I have been stuck for almost 3 weeks! I lost 20 lbs. almost immediately and have actually gained 2 lbs back!!!! I am eating between 500-700 calories a day and have been active. It is so frustrating...everyone keeps asking me, "so how much have you lost now?" and I keep telling them the same 20 lbs. Grrrrrrr...

Ha! And this is why I choose not to tell anyone about my surgery. I HATE THAT!!

I've been 188 for what seems forever...but I know it will eventually come off, it has too. I'm basically starving (not on purpose) lol.

Ha! And this is why I choose not to tell anyone about my surgery. I HATE THAT!!

Hey Diva! How do I change my font color...I need my purple back lol! Do I have to change it every post???

Hey Diva! How do I change my font color...I need my purple back lol! Do I have to change it every post???

Hey sleeve :) Ok, first go to up at the top where you see your profile picture. Next to it, click on "signed in as...". On the dropdown click on My Settings. It should show your General Settings once you click on it. Then checkmark the box next to "Enable Visual RTE Editor". Click Save changes.

This will make it easier for you to change your fonts/colors once you make your posts. Hope this helps!