Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 3 - weigh In = 3lbs! gone

Ok...so I stepped on the scale this morning and I lost another 3lbs!

That makes 21 since surgery on July 15th~!

Obviously my first thought was...."awwww, I only lost 3lbs! but seriously, that's 21 in 21 days!

Also this was my TOM week, and the week I started adding more calories and food types....so yay! I am on track and losing!

Yay!:mad0:

Congrats on your 21 in 21! That great!!! Wouldn't that be cool if it would continue to go that way. Sounds like you're disciplined in weighing only once per week. I just can't do that. I find myself on the scale every day. I know, I know. I shouldn't do that.

I try to stay off the scale during the week, and then every Friday I have scale anxiety.....I'm happy with losing. As long as I keep losing....I started back with working out and adding a few foods to my diet. I'll start totally logging my intake on Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate and will figure out if anything is hindering progress going forward......

BTW....I tried FUZE today - Slenderize Melon/Strawberry it was so yummy....I almost felt like I was cheating!

Carol, I am totally inspired by your progress! I am not feeling great right now, but your positive attitude is helping me... Congrats on your success from your hard work! I love your blog recipes by the way - I look forward to trying them!

Mari

Mari....

How are you feeling? It totally gets better everyday....

I am eating just about everything...this morning I had a craving for mac and cheese with chili...so I made some...I had about 2 tablespoons of mac and cheese, 2 tablespoons of turkey chili and 2 tablespoons of pinto Beans.....

It was heavenly....and I didn't finish all of my serving.....before surgery I would have eaten the entire box of mac and cheese.....

I am eating between 800-900 calories a day.

tonight, lamb patties with yogurt sauce....

drinking is important, but you will notice that it gets better. For me things had to be either hot (warm) like tea or broth, or ice cold....anything room temperature hit my in a weird way. Also regular Water made me cringe, I had to have crystal light or some sort of flavored something.

Use a straw....it for whatever reason helped me with the sipping.....

Hi Everyone:

This was week 2 weigh in, and dropped 6lbs 2 ozs! A total of 14 lbs 4 ozs since surgery July 23rd!!! I too am only getting on the scale on Fridays, which was my surgery day. I feel like I've accomplished something that way. I know the weight loss will most likely taper off, but it would have taken a month and a half pre surgery to lose that much.

CK, I know I am a week behind you, but I have already been eating foods that are on my 3 week, and after list. Yummm, I was craving mac and cheese this week so I caved and ate some. It went down very well! I think I am like you in getting about 800-900 calories in a day now. I am not feeling deprived, yet amazed at how little it takes to fill me up. Hubby took me to Bonefish Grill tonight, and I ordered an entree of swordfish. Ate half, and brought the rest home. Their portions are not known for being large anyways, but for me to bring home half was exciting. Yummy leftovers for this week!

Mari, I completely agree with CK....water was hard for me to swallow. I am just getting to the point where I can manage it alright. I also need it cold, and with Crystal light. Just be patient, but try to get in at least some Water. You definitely don't want to risk dehydration. I also had better luck with hot liquids such as tea. Try that!

Penny

Penny and Ck! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I feel like I have the post op blues, kinda like the baby blues! But knowing that it will get better helps me. I am still sipping, definitely don't want to get ill from that.

I look forward to the day I can have half a fish serving Penny! I am already sick of taking 4 spoonfuls of Soup then stopping because I am scared to feel sick. I do not tolerate nausea well as the nurses in Mexico found out real quick lol! I sent my boyfriend and our girls to Disneyland today because I felt guilty for not being able to do much. They come back tomorrow and they ate at Bubba Gumps, had a churro, doritos and soda. Boy, I have to get them on the healthy train as soon as I learn it. But I sure am jealous. I took a little nap today and dreamed of eating a Disney corndog with mustard and drinking a big ole coke!

Oi vey!

Mari

Oh and mac and cheese with chili sounds heavenly right now.... I would pay $100 to be able to eat it. It's not that I am terribly hungry, but I know that my body is craving substance and wondering what the heck is going on... And I feel pretty weak without eating a lot. Hopefully it's all in my head and will pass with time...

I know around day 5 I really started missing a little more sustenance than broth and crystal light.

I made a bean soup....can of pinto Beans in blender...I sauteed a little onion, Tomato and garlic, added some chicken bullion - and I added a jalapeno, I love spice - threw the sauteed stuff into the blender with the Beans and a little chicken broth to make more liquid. It was heavenly....it was a thinned out bean soup....and the carbs and Iron in the Soup gave me a little more energy. The first few days are the hardest, you are getting used to stuff, and scared you may break something if you don't do everything totally perfect.....nope you feel better soon!

Hope you feel better soon..I haven't puked at all....but I got used to eating cold soup, it would take me like 35-40 minutes to eat 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup of soup....I still take my time.

Tonight I had a ground lamb patty, a falafel and some yogurt souce....I ate slowly and chewed...but it felt great to eat the same thing my hubby was eating...even though he ate 5 patties, 3 falafel and 3 pita breads......haaaaaaaaaaaaa

I love not feeling deprived, able to eat everything and just eat way less than before....yay!

Hi Carol! I am definitely going to try that, sounds yummmmy. Are you back to work? I am afraid to go back and pass out from no energy.. But I have another week. Sounds like you are doing picture perfect. Are you drinking with meals? I was told plication patients have less dietary restrictions, but I wasn't sure in what way...

Hope ya had a great weekend and keep up the great blog!

I try not to drink with meals, but I never was a drink during meal person. Just because Water dilutes and makes food easier to pass so you feel full for less amount of time....but other than that I am doing great....I can eat just about anything....if I eat to fast I get a little tummy pang, like my stomach is saying...."whoa! hold up....can you please chew and eat a little slower!"....also I get full with very little....I try to eat more Protein or protein first....but sometimes...I just need a little rice or pasta! I work from home....but if I worked in an office, I could have been back after 1 week.....

Hi All:

Carol I just ordered the dried Peanut Butter powder you recommended. I am such a Peanut Butter fanatic, can't wait to try it!

I am back to work tomorrow. Got an extra week off due to the kidney stone, but still a bit lethargic. I am hoping I make it thru the day. At least I have a sit down job.

I have another complication I wanted to address. The incision on my belly, near the belly button appears to have dropped a stitch, so now I have a hole about a half inch across. It is really kinda gross, and I know it's gonna have to heal from the inside out. I wasn't using any kind of bandage as I thought it was healing fine. Guess the clothing rubbed it. The tape they had used fell off about a week after I had surgery. I have doused it with peroxide, and am now using a flexible bandage. There was some foaming, but I am still on Cipro antibiotic anyways. I know Carol you had antennae issues. Did you ever get a response from Dr. Corvala's office? I have yet to hear back from emails I sent last week.

Guess once they get your money the follow up is non existent!

Penny

Penny,

I still have a few antennae sticking out of 2 incisions. Dr. C's office told me that I should clip to skin level if they got caught in clothes or bothered me. Clip with nail clippers. They will dissolve on their own and in a few weeks won't be there.

I had an incision that turned into a crater on my left side incision. I put a bandaid on it, one of those advanced healing ones that is Water proof. They actually stay on for a few days.....I used that for a while and now letting it air dry. It is closing up...finally.

The Peanut Butter is great. Did you order the sample pack? It took them 4 days to get here. I found out I liked the regular the best. It isn't super sweet so it adds the peanutty taste without adding to the already sweet drinks...

Take care, CK

21 in 21 is awesome!