Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 DAYS Post-Op in Mexico tt, fmr, lipo

First, thank you for your support and prayers.

I was very nervouse the night before and almost backed out. My daughter told me I would never forgive myself if I did.

I met with the anesthesiologist and the doctor the night before and they discussed everything and anything I wanted to talk about. I was afraid of the epidural, afraid of feeling pain and of being in pain afterward.

I was sedated the day of surgery and remember getting the epidural, he said I would be out when I got it, but I guess I have a high tolorance. Anyway, there was no discomfort at all. I was out as soon as it was in.

The surgery was around 6 hours. I had 2lbs skin and 3 liters of fat removed. I awoke in recovery in his office and was transferred by ambulance to the hospital.

They gave me something through IV for pain, but it wore off after about 8 hours and it was suppose to be every 12 hours. They docs called me and came to see me both days that I was there and told the nurses to give me more. It was non narcotic. I wanted morphine, but did not get it. I made it the two days I was there, got up the next morning, wanted my folley out so I could walk. The pain was nothing what I expected.

I did bring my own darvocett and loratabs and have used them a few times.

The Lipo to my back, flanks, hips, and bra line is another story. My back has hurt like hell. The swelling is not what I expected, but I did NOT do my homework on the liposuction. Apparently the swelling can last months off and on. The pain about a month. I have since read a lot on lipo and this is all normal.

My drain was taken out yesterday, post-op day four. I was draining about 200cc in 24 hours but it was fairly clear and I weas told my body would reabsorb it and the tubes can irritate it and cause even more drainage. I have to take his word for that.

Dr. Cardenas is a very conservative doctor and I like that. He is also a nice person. The anesthesiologist is also super. They both speak good english and don't want you to be in pain.

Dr. Cardenas fixed my left ear at no charge that started sticking back out again after my ear job a year ago. His wife is a dermatoligist and gave me a great facial peel. (Best thing you can do for your skin)

I am staying at a hotel with a great Breakfast and a bridge that you can walk to the mall. My daughter wheels me over daily for an outting.

I will be here until Saterday unless I am able to leave sooner (getting stitches out)

I am wearing a tight body girdle that extends from under my breast to my mid thigh and a hole in the middle. The swelling is terrible on my back.

My tummy is flat and the belly button looks so good. One of the things I like about Dr. Cardenas is that he has an artistic eye.

Dr. C did my eyes last year and I am very happy with them. He errs on the side of being conservative and I like that too.

I am coming back this fall or the first of the year for breast lift with implants. I am a nice DD but saggy.

I look sooo good thanks to Dr. Cardenas.

I have built a relationship with the people down here and feel very safe with them. As I said the first time I went to Mexico, I had "peace" in my spirit about him and I have never been wrong going with my "peace".

Any questions, feel free to ask....

I bet I am a size 10 now. I was a 12 and can fit in my jeans with a huge swollen back...

I am so glad and grateful that I was able to come do this for myself. After six children (c-sections) and taking care of everyone else, it was nice to be able to do this for me....

If anyone goes to Mx for any surgery, please tell him that I referred you, maybe I can get a discount on my next surgery.....hehehe

I'm glad to hear everything went well. It sounds like you're getting to be quite the expert at PS. LOL. Take care of yourself and let your body heal.

oh i am so glad it has gone well for you!! I go down to meet with him and have my surgery on the 7th of july!! It is getting closer, and I am so nervous!! Can you share any pics, even just in email? I would really like to see some before and after work of his. I am just now going by word of mouth. I am so glad that things went so well for you and that you are healing well.

oh i am so glad it has gone well for you!! I go down to meet with him and have my surgery on the 7th of july!! It is getting closer, and I am so nervous!! Can you share any pics, even just in email? I would really like to see some before and after work of his. I am just now going by word of mouth. I am so glad that things went so well for you and that you are healing well.

What is Apron surgery??? Does everyone have to do this in two stages? Are you concerned about doing this with Drs. from Mexico??? How much will these two procedures cost you? Do you mind me asking all of these questions. I have just started considering this and am scared of wasting my money and scared of hurting my health. Why do you feel confident in the MX doctors? Please, I am so new at this and have many concerns and questions. I don't mean to be nosey, just trying to get some answers to some difficult questions. I don't even know what questions I should be asking. How long does it take once you decide you are going to MX for the surgery for them to do the surgery???

Sorry for so many questions. Wild_in97

Wow that souds great! I plan on having PS at some point. But i am just so scared to go to MX. You do make me wonder if I should rethink my worries. But I am so happy for you! I would also LOVE to see some before and after shots!

wild - I do not want to hijack the thread, so I will keep this brief. Apron surgery is like a Tummy Tuck, only it focuses more on removal of skin and fat and less on tightening the muscles. I am doing this before hand because I have a large overhanging lower stomach that causes me problems. Most people wait till they are at or near goal to have the surgery done. My cost is 4200, and that includes everything but hotel and airfare. I do not know how much Alice's cost, but I would be interested in finding that out as well. As for choosing the doctor in mexico, I choose Dr. Cardenas because he came highly recommended by my lap band surgeon and by others who have gone to Mexico. I choose my lapband surgeon (Dr. Sanchez) cause he is one of the veterans in this business. He has done over 5000 lap band procedures, and works out of one of the nicest hospitals on the planet. All pluses for me. Having my surgery done in mexico does not scare me. Its just like having it done here. there are good hospitals and bad hospitals. and there are good doctors and bad doctors.

Alice,

I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Would you mind sharing the cost of all of your procedures? Also, where in Mexico is your doctor?

Thanks!

I am curious as to the cost of the procedures as well. I know the doctor is in Monterrey, Mexico because I will be going to him myself. I have heard nothing but fabulous things about him, and Alice seems like yet one more happy client!!

Thank's Amy!! My mom is looking for a plastic surgeon, and I was wanting to find out where he was for her.

Alice, also if you don't mind, do you remember the cost for when you had your eyes done? My mom wants to get her eyes done along with some other minor face things. Thanks!

The evenings of day 6 and 7 were terrible. I had such severe swelling in back from liposuction and tummy pain. Last night was good and today is good. I have a little Fluid accumulated above my pubic area that is sloshy. My PS, Dr. Cardenas, says that my body will abosorb it. When I get back to states I will post photos, if hubby will help me... I look good. Did I tell you I had fat injected in my lips too? I LOVE it!!

Dr. Cardenas is in Monterey, MX. You can contact him through Ready4Achange. I originally came to know about him through Dr. Sanchez, who did my lap band.

I would not say the hospital was the best in the world, but it was adequated, clean and staffed with professionals. I am glad my daughter was there to get me Water and all that.

I am in the medical profession and I am just as comfortable getting PS here as in the states.

As for the cost, I don't want to discuss my fees. I can tell you that the fees will be a third to half of what you would pay in the states, depending on where you are. I am a repeat customer so I am sure my fees may be adjusted for that reason, or I hope so anyway. I am satisfied.

I suggest you contact Ready4Achange to get more information. You will be asked to send photos for him to look at and they will send you a price.

I have been seen daily by the doctor and have several contact numbers. I am also checked upon by a representative of Ready4achange.

Transportation, hotels and all that is arranged by them. I am staying at a Four Points Sheraton with a huge wonderfull buffet Breakfast for 66 dollars per night. There is a little bridge that connects the hotel with the mall where there are places to eat and shop. Very convenient!

I have seen bad PS by the best in the states. I have seen Dr. C's work and he has done a great job on me. I would not trust my bodyanyone else and I can afford to use the "so called best" in the states if I wanted to.

I originally came to Mx not to save money but because I could not find a doctor to band me at 50lbs overweight. NOW there is research showing it is good to band early. I know this for a fact because I have spoken to TWO lap band docs (the ones who originally refused me) about this. So... that is my story pretty much. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Sounds like things are going great for you Alice, I'm so happy for you! I neve thought of going to Mexico but with you and Funny I'm starting to rethink it.

I'd love to see some before and afters once you are home, sounds like you are looking great!

Alice it is so awesome that you are feeling well and everything is going good!! I can't wait for mine! And I hope that we will get to see some pics of you soon!! I know the Lipo hurts. Take care and rest easy. I bet you just look amazing!!!!