Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

deb - i am soo sory let us know asap!!!!

sherry - i can totally relate to the eating alot then feeling gross after just a few bites! it's werid! at least no reflux prob!!! woohoo

chris - how are ya gal!?!

nan - it sounds like your are doin great! we are trying again in sept so i'll let everyone know but it really messes with the diet thing, no sugar substitutes and no exer for about 3 weeks until they tell you if you are pg or not! i will pray for your family too!

so when are we getting together?????

i can't do aug 10, 11, or any tues or wed day but nites are ok!

hugs to all!

dez

I am going to be at BIDMC on Wednesday since my DH is having hernia surgery with Dr Schneider. I thought since I will be there I would go to my first post op meeting but........What about the psycho????

Please tell me who what and where so I do not waste my time.

Thanks from a fellow mass band sista!

Maureen

the psychologist we had to meet with before sx. she is a lunatic and her post op mtg that i went to was a waste of my time. i have to get bloodwork done for my 1 year checkup and i may go and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. does anyone know what time the lab closes?

dez

Thanks for the tip.....I thought she was kook too!!! She was trying to talk me into RNY, then she took a phone call and made plans for the weekend!!! What a loon!

See you there, maybe!

Maureen

Hello everyone,

I'm sitting here at BIDMC on the third floor....I got here way too early. I haven't had to drive into this area in so long in the morning, I had no idea what traffic would be like. It was a breeze! I alloted myself an hour and it took about 15 minutes. So needless to say, I have P-LENTY of time before my 10 o'clock appointment....try 1.5 hours! It was a good thing I'm sure, I accidentally left my paperwork at home and I will have to retake the "test" they sent me. Plus, as soon as someone shows up at the desk, I'll go over and check in and have my bloodwork drawn.

My appt with the nurse is at 10 and the doctor is at 11.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Margie

Oh...and as soon as I have that bloodwork drawn, I'm soooo getting a big glass of water...I am parched! :)

I had my appointments today with the nurse (Anne) and Dr. H. It went very well. I do not need any additional testing or appointments other than the nutrition visit and the psych eval.

The only problem I had was with the bloodwork :). He had to take it from my hand and it HURT. Now I have a sore spot on my hand the size of a quarter that is slowly turning an ugly shade of purply/blue.

The nutrition visit is next week, but the psych eval isn't until 9/6. She must be on vacation the last two weeks of August.

Things are looking good and I am hopeful to stay on track to schedule surgery for mid-october.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Margie :P

Hi All,

So it seems that I have not missed any big get togethers? I hope I can make the next one. I was at the South SHore PLaza and it was great to meet so many of you. Sherry, thanks for offering your place. I would love that...much more intimate and easier to talk than at a restaurant. Not to mention I would not have to look at that Joe's American bread basket with envy!!! haha.

Welcome newbies.

I hope everyone is having a great summer.

Hello everyone :)

Hope you are enjoying the nice weather we've been having. Today was my nutritionist visit. It went very well. I didn't realize that I would be weighed again today! :girl_hug: I was just at BIDMC on 8/4 for the nurse/doctor appt. I was at least glad the scale showed a loss, granted it was minimal...about 1.2 pounds....but I'll take it!

They told me that I am deficient in B12 Vitamin and needed to go to my PCP for a B12 shot. I brought my lab work to my PCP today and he said I didn't need B12 shots, that while it was a low reading, I was not deficient. Now I'm confused! I was also told to take 1/2 a pill a day of an Iron supplement, Vitamin D and a chewable multivitaman. I bought the Flintstones :D because I thought they would taste the best.

I have just the psych visit left on 9/6. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that my insurance company doesn't give me any issues...I meet all of their requirements...but you just never know.

Now comes the hard part...:omg: the pre-op diet. I will lose the requisite 10lbs by surgery date if it kills me. I know I can do it, I just need to get motivated.

Hope all is well.

Margie

Hey Margie!

Good luck with the psych lady... She was violating HIPAA all over the place and had other patients folders open in front of me with their name and their photograph. THEN when the woman before me left.. She was telling me some of her business, I was like uhh.. THEN she got on the phone w/ an out of state insurance company and was arguing with them about a patient and spilling all of HIS business! She did apologize for that because it was near Christmas and they CX'd his surgery at last minute.. It was really important, but she could have asked for me to wait outside or something.

I work in the health field and I KNOW she could get in SERIOUS trouble for this. Needless to say, I felt reluctant to tell her much of my business. You'll have to grab a test off her door and fill it before you get inside her office. It was really easy and she scored it with me there and saw her circle "normal" .. shoo! Needless to say.. It was quite an interesting appt.

I was also deficent in B12 and had to get a shot for it at my PCP (which they did).. And I take Iron and flinstone Vitamins too.. plus a Calcium chocolate chewable at night. After the surgery when I had my bloodwork done again, Dr. S told me that I don't need another shot of B12 and they'll just see if it stays the same.

Did they put you on a pre-op diet or just tell you that you need to lose the 10lbs?

Hi Katy,

No special pre-op diet, they just told me to lose 10lbs.

Thanks for the update and the info about the test. I'll make sure I try not to give her too much info!

Margie

Oh you all are cracking me up with the psych's visit stories. I had a similar expeirence which I posted way back somewhere. The best is that you have to PAY out of pocket, and she sits there and takes phone calls to discuss other patients. Unreal, and totally unprofessional. I gave details in the survey I completed for the Bariatric Unit so they would be aware of how much she was violating HIPPA. And she also tried to get me to go the RNY route myself. It was just weird.

KayDot good to see ya! :) We haven't planned anything yet. Things are so busy for everyone it's hard, but we do need to get together soon and somewhere where we can really chat and share stories and expieriences.

Dez - you're doing great! How are the baby-making plans going? :)

Newbies - good luck with everything! It seems like it takes forever but all of a sudden it flies by and the next thing you'll be creeping up on your one year anniversary.

hi guys!

chris - baby making commences again next week so no sugar free foods, no exercise, no martinis. this better work! i'll miss martinis most;(

how are you? deb? sherry? welcome back kaydot!!

when the hell are we getting together? i need a lapband fix with my peeps!!!! school starts in 2 weeks :D i am sooo not ready for the little cherubs. esp since all stress relieving activities - sex, drinks, exer, all d/c's until i get the results of the pg test and after is its positive! THAT would be awesome!!!!

i am good after next weeks rest period. anyone else?

dez

HOLY CRAP PEOPLE... :D:eek::scared:

I just checked online at my health provider to see if they got the bill for when I saw the nurse and Dr. H, had the EKG and the bloodwork.

In addition for forking over a non-refundable $500 for the program at BIDMC, I was billed $2,335 for that visit.

Does that seem RATHER FREAKING HIGH to anyone??? :cry

I pay the first $2,000 every year, it's my deductable. Then after that my insurance pays 80% and I pay 20% up to another max of $2,000

So basically the MOST I can pay in a year is $4,000

HOLY COW...I am going to get billed $1,425.51 - I had absolutely NO IDEA it would be that much so soon.

PLEASE EVERYONE - PRAY that I get approved to have this surgery THIS YEAR so I don't have to pay another $4,000 next year.

Sorry...I know it's not a lot to pay to get healthier, it just came as a bit of a shock.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Margie

:help:

Hi Everyone,

I've read through all the pages of this thread looking for some evidence that I have not goofed myself up. I'm panicking!

I was banded on July 23, in hospital for five days (due to complications) on liquids;Stage 3 at home with some cheating and I have lost almost 20lbs since preop diet. Now on stage 4, I feel like I can eat way too much food--almost as much as before banding. Have I already expanded the pouch? :faint:Since I have no fill, is the food passing into the rest of the stomach?

Last night I ate two spring rolls. a whole order of crispy shrimp without a problem. At home I continued the eating with crackers and popsicles. I'm just an eating machine.:omg:

Has anyone else experienced this? Today I am watching everything I eat and keeping below 800-1000 calories, but I'm scared. I will call BIDMC on Monday, but I so want to know what you all think.

Lorna

Lorna with no fill the food does pass right through to your bottom stomach. In my opinion, I think it is near impossible to stay under 1000 calories at that stage. If I were you I would focus more on eating healthy foods right now, eating your Protein first, then veggies & fruit, then starches. You're in what they call "banster hell" right now. You've got the band, but it's not really working at this point. Even after you start getting fills you will at times be surprised about how much you can eat. I try and tell myself just because I can eat it, doesn't mean I should. Also, it took me almost 8 months to find the right fill level that really helped with squashing my hunger. It's the head hunger that's the hardest to deal with, and that just takes time. Still call the docs if you're really worried though or if something feels off.