Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first appointment was in July I think, and my surgery was Oct 2nd.

Nice to hear from you Kay! Good luck on the finals! I don't miss those days at all!

Hi Vanaz! Welcome! I have Tufts, so can't help you there, but I did hear that Blue Cross is just as "easy" to get approved as Tufts is. Keep in touch with your progress! Everyone at BIDMC has been great, except the psychologist. But that is another story. lol

Hi, Crispy! Thank you for your welcome and info about Tufts and BCBS! I'm sending in all my infor to BIDMC this week and hopefully will get my first appointment soon, before the after holiday rush!!! So the psychologist is not that great....Thanks for the heads up! VANAZ:clap2:

vanaz

welcome

i am paying for BCBS of mass by myself, at work i have BCBS of Alabama and that would not pay for the band just the bypass. its taking a bit for BIDMC to bill the secondary ins so i have not seen it paid for yet but they did approve.

as far as proof goes i think my primary care doctor took care of that. I took fen phen so that was one and i said i did weight watchers. I would start with a call to your primary doctor.i would think just a letter from the doctor should be enough. try that

also i believe BIDMC checks ins to see if they pay for it, there are new guild lines in jan. but i think that for the most part for the hosp doing the surgerry

i did call BCBS of alabama to see if they paid for it, thats how i found out they would not. so i got BCBS of mass

good luck

deb

i had to wait a bit for the band because i need my gallblader out

5/2/06 first appt banned 8/1/06

i talk with michelle tonight and seeing i am working over xmas, we have penciled in my shooting up that way for 6th and 7th of Jan. I think little xmas is around then so maybe not to screw up the little ones i have to check it out. But they know grandma work screwy days and hours.

its still early but how does that sound

Deb

Hi all,

I was in RI visiting family again for a week, so I haven't posted or had tests. I don't know if I mentioned the last test, stress test, didn't "go". They wanted to get my heart rate up to 132, but because of a drug I take, it wouldn't do it, soooooo, I have to go again, minus taking the drug. The schedule is, another stress test Dec. 13, colonoscopy Dec 15, hematologist again Dec. 19. As of now, feeling a little better with Iron pills, but they want to know why I became anemic in the first place????? I do too, but if my blood count improves in Dec., I wonder if I get to see Dr. Jones. Maybe get on with the process. Everyone sounds like you are doing great!!! That keeps my spirit up. Talk to you soon. Nana

Just popping in to say a quick hello!

I am 11 days pre-band! As of this week I got the news that my insurance approved the surgery. That was a surreal feeling since I kept thinking Iwould not get approved (I don't know why as I certainly meet the criteria!). I have my pre-op Monday. Does anyone remember what that was like? I am just curious what goes on at this appt.

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes. I am actually celebrating this weekend since last weekend was tied up with finals and studying. Today is my last day of school for the semester! One more year and I will be an RN!!! So much exciting stuff is happening in my life. I can't believe this is me!

Hope all is well and everyone is getting their shopping done. I am really in the holiday spirit this year-just hope I am up and about for Christmas. Fingers crossed.

Have a great day!!!

hi all! its been a while!

welcome newbies! hello old gang! i have been busy. as fara as 1st appt to sx my first appt was in mid may and my sx was 7/24, dr. jones had a cancellation!

i had my 4 mo follow up yesterday and boy was it eventful. remember how i was pb'ing alot? well, dr. jones wanted to know why so he filled me to 1.5cc and up it came! it sucked BIG TIME!!!!:) then he took out.25cc's and up it came again! when i chugged Water. so he took out more so i have just over 1 cc of saline in the band and boy is it tight, funny thing is that it was the same after my last appt, just a smidge more he said so i guess i was eating too fast. have no desire to eat now, that's for sure! so i am back on liquids while i heal then mushies then back to real food next week.

i just have to say i LOVE june! she is soo funny and easy to talk to. i got lots of good things to try and a lapband water bottle! by the way, we should all try to go to the reunion in march!

i lost 9 lbs in 2 months, not bad, not great. dr. jones did say he won;t fill me again until i get to 200 which he thinks i will by feb?!?! i HOPE so:)

is everyone getting ready for the holidays? hopefully, i will be going homes, toledo, ohio, after christmas to see family for a few days. sorry to dump and run but i have some more reports to write but i wanted to let ya'll know i miss you and i am thinking of all of you!

dez

Hi everyone!

Nana - good to hear you're doing ok. I'm still worried that they don't know what's going on with you, but I'm glad they're looking into it.

Dez - it's so funny because my first fill was 1.5cc. That seems so high to me, but (knock on wood) I've had no problems and I've been banded about a week. I hope this fill works better for you! I love June too! She is really nice. I definitely am going to try and make the party in March. I think I'll be able to nab Sherry to go with me!

dr jones said that usu the first fill is 1.5cc i guess i am just strange, no big surprise there! funny thing is i really have not beenthat hungry since my appt. it alsmost like right after sx and you forget about food. these past 2 days on liq haven't been bad, last time it was harder! weird,huh? well maybe my losing is back on track...keepyour fingers crossed!

dez

Hi there,

Long time lurker - first time poster on this thread, at least I think so! My surgery is MONDAY with Dr. Jones! I can't really believe it, surreal, except for the really strange surgery dreams I've been having. I was in a hospital chasing Bagels last night :o

I do have a couple questions for you guys, if you would be so kind?

1. Do you have to have a naked pre surgery photo taken, I have heard of this on other threads and it's enough to make me cancel the surgery ! :)

2. When did you get to go home post-op, noonish, later? I know it will vary but I wanted to give my family some idea.

3. Did you have an NG tube going from your nose to your stomach when you woke up?

4. Did they give you an abdominal binder elastic girdle thingy afterwards?

5. Any pain medication prescriptions when you were discharged, or just Tylenol?

Thanks so much for your help!!!! I've enjoyed reading all your posts over the past few months, hopefully I can meet some of you at post op meetings.

Thanks!