Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sherry

after what happened with the restrition, i told dr jones i rather skip the fill for a bit

i think being stressed out and getting something stuck was the problem

but everything is ok now

dr jones said some people go a year with out a fill

so i will keep going along like this for a bit

i can't even imagine what it would be like with a fill

it was great going up that way for a few days

i love spending time with the kids

and meeting chris

you are doing great

and i agree it will be nice to be able to shop anywhere for cloths

hope to meet you someday

deb

Hello every-one, this is my first time writing,I am going to my first info meeting dec 12, and then I will go from there, I know I am ready to lose the weight, and reading all the post out there I know I will never feel alone...I will keep you posted

Welcome crazycran! Congrats on your first info meeting! It wasn't too long ago that we were all there ourselves. Definitely keep us updated!!

Hi Dez! Good to see you! Sorry to hear you've been having some trouble lately. I'm only 8 weeks in and I know already that this is no easy journey. Talk to Dr Jones like you said, and he'll be able to give you some guidance. Just keep plugging along - you can do it! I have Soup pretty much every day for lunch. Mostly it's because it's easy, quick, and no one at work knows I've had this operation. Everyone just thinks I'm on a diet. lol.

So Deb, do you know what days in January you'll be off from work? Since you live the farthest and work crazy overnight shifts, I think we should get your available dates first. Then we can try and plan something from there. It was so great to meet Deb, I can't wait to meet everyone else as well!

Speaking of which, Nana how ya doing? I have seen you in a while.

Kay - only 18 days left until surgery!!! It feels like only yesterday I was there. It will be here before you know it!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Any other BIDMC bandsters feel free to pop in and say hi!

hidey ho goils! Just got back from the gym and man I can feel it. Tomorrow I'll probably be an achin girl hahaha. That's ok gotta get rid of these chicken flapper wings...although I think it's going to take more than building muscle to do it. Got in some cardio on the treadmill, I even jogged on it for about a minute hahaha that's all I could handle because I'm not the most co-ordinated person. THANK GOD for the handles on the things lol. Hubby got a nice workout too. It's great doing that together so we can encourage each other.

Chris how is the fill behaving? Is it helpin ya.

welcome CrazyCran!

Dez - that eatin fast thing is hard to break for sure! learning the hard way isn't fun either but, I think we all do it from time to time. Talk to Jones and the nutrionists and see if they think you're ready for that fill ;)

Well....off to peek around to see what's going on. If I missed anyone my apologies :Banane17:

Deb - Next time it's my turn to meet ya hahaha. January sounds good to me too.

Nana - Keep ya chin up and keep pluggin away like Chris said. One day at a time is the best any of us can do and positive thoughts I'm sending your way.

welcome to our gang crazycran!

hello friends! nana - where are you?

deb and chris - i'm glad you got to meet, you know the funny thing, i was supposed to go this past wed but had to resched til next wed cuz of my work sched. maybe next time!

sherry - way to go girl, hit the gym! i say we keep each other on track with that as i loose more weight when i go!

i need to reup my membership tomorrow am, i have slacked the last 3 weeks, grade cards, progress reports and LOTS of testing and reports to write up so no time for me. i am going to get my christmas shopping done next week and then hopefully after conferences and my drs appt i will be back on track, my goal is 230 by new years and my bday - 1/2! we'll see!

hugs to all and...only 24 days til christmas!

dez

aaamom

you don't need to be BI gal! we all have the same goals so that makes us sisters. :confused:

hey gang

come mid jan i am on relief shift for 5 weeks. that means if nobody puts in for a vacation i will work mon-fri days so i get the weekends off

people at work are to put in for vacation 2 weeks ahead so the closer i get i can get you some dates for coming up there.

i started walking again with 2 weeks goofing off, i feel it this morning

well off to work.have a great weekend

deb

That's right aaamom! You are more than welcome to join our chat AND join us when we meet up in January. The more the merrier!

Please just tell me when and where !!!!

Let's see how many of us MA bandsters we can get together ! C'mOn girls~let's do this !!!!

I need the support of other bandsters- IN PERSON

hi guys! how's everyone doing?

sorry i haven't written in awhile.

i had my first post surgery appt on the 30th

everything went well, im so glad i can chew real food again.:clap2:

i was having some pulling feelings around the port site. but the doctor said he didnt feel anything wrong. he said that it is just still healing. im going to go back to work on monday, not that i really want to but i have to:cry

im down 39.5 pounds since the beginnig of this journey and 13 pounds since surgery on 11/8/06.

well i have to go change the laundry so i chat later bye.

Hey Dreaminbig!! Great to hear from you, and glad to hear that you're doing well!! Down almost 40lbs already?! You rock!!

I agree aaamom! In-person support would be awesome. Since the holiday season is upon us, what about planning on meeting up at some point during the first half of January? Enough time for the hussle-bussle to go away, but not too long because I'd really love to meet everyone. Deb (rainbow) will be able to give us some dates that work for her shortly, and then we'll see what we can coordinate from there.

Oh, and by the way -- Sherry is only 5 pounds from Onderland. Yep 5 pounds!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for her!!!!!!!!!! She looks great!

Hi everyone! This is my first posting ever and just joined. What a wonderful resource!! I am hoping to have lap band surgery at BIDMC. I live in New Hampshire and commute to the North Shore (MA). I have been to one informational session with Dr. Jones. I'm impressed! Do any of you have Massachusetts HMO Blue, New England? It looks as though I would be covered but I am not sure about proof of "long term" weight loss programs....I've done them all over the years, but I no longer have proof. Has anyone encountered this? What was your outcome? Thanks so much. Vanaz

Hi Everyone,

I have been so busy and haven't popped in here for a bit! I have a final exam tomorrow and that will free up some time. I am taking a break from studying now. Today is my birthday but it doesn't feel like it, having to study and I have a sore throat/cold. Oh well..what will my next birthday be like? It is fun to fantasize about it!

I have to see the dentist Wednesday for a broken tooth. One of the last things I have to take care of before surgery. I am so nervous.

I have to run and get my head back in the books. I hope everyone is well and look forward to a chance to meet you all soon.