Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Chris,

Just a quick Good Luck Girl. You will do just fine. Just think it is finally here. We will all be thinking about you. Write when you feel up to it.

A big Nana hug from Nanaviv

Chris........ditto

i am sure you'll do fine, but best to you on your day

see it didn't take long to get here

deb

Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. It was quite a hectic week at work trying to get everything ready to be out for two weeks. I had to go in today to finish up some things.

The week really was an emotional one for me. It was rough, but has gotten better. I also got my TOM, which was about a month late. I'm happy it finally came but could there be worse timing?! lol. I was extremely anxious all week, but am now just excited and looking forward to starting my band journey. I took my before pictures today. Oh my! haha

My mom is doing much better, thank you everyone for asking. She woke up on Friday feeling 150% better. She's still sore, but back to feeling like herself.

Hi have to say Dez, I am impressed with your weight loss! You go girl! I think the exercise can make a big differece. Remind me of this if I refuse to get off my ass after I'm banded. lol. I really believe that the band will only take you so far, and that at some point you really do have to eat healthy and exercise to make it all the way.

Nanaviv - good luck with the psych visit. She really is a wacko if you ask me. I actually had my meeting w/Dr Jones and had my surgery date before I was approved by Tufts. The doctor has to send his paperwork to the ins co and then they send you a letter within a few days telling you if you've been approved. They told me with a BMI over 40 and no co-morbidities that I would have no problem getting approved, and they were right.

Well just one more day without a band. Hard to imagine what my life will be like afterwards. I am getting ready to cook my "last meal" lol. I ate horrible this week! Not huge quantities, just bizzare things that I don't normally eat and am afraid I won't be able to eat. Like pancakes. I made them for dinner the other night, but probably haven't had them in years. lol. But tonight I am going to make Pasta, which is my favorite. We will have a ceremonious meal over which I will say goodbye to my pasta. lol.

Talk to you all soon!

Chris I know you're going to do fine and be on your losing way very soon. You're going to do great girl!

NSV - I actually feel smaller today. yeap for the first time since I've had this band I can finally say I actually feel smaller than when I started :P Not a big deal to most but, to me.....and this head had to catch up with my weight loss :confused:

Keep on keeping on my friends! Hope you're all doing well and shrinking!!!!

Thank you everyone for the good wishes! I am thankful to have so many people here to support me.

Sherry - that is FANTASTIC! Your head is finally seeing what we all see. You know....it might be time for another "after" picture. I bet the girls here would love to see. teehee...

congrats on your nsv, sherry! someone told me not to worry too much about the wt but to concentrate on how you feel! good advice that you have reminded me to follow.

chris - you will do fine, email us when you get back on your feet. i lived thru my computer during recovery!

here's to us!

hi all, this is my last night for this stretch and 2 days off.

i have to add, for some reason my mind does not see me big until i see a photo of myself and i think is that right? i can't be that big! i guess thats why i do jnot have too many mirrors in the house.

off to work

deb

deb i know exactly what you mean! i see myself as looking the same, i know my pants are falling off and i have apile of clothes that don;t fit but i don;t see ANY difference! i guess all of a sudden it will be a slap in the face! oh to be slapped soon, lol!

Hi All, I just spoke with Chrispy's mom and she's did well and is in her room now ;) I'm going to call her in a few minutes to see how she's doing :)

Hi All,

Good to hear Chris is doing OK. Keep us posted. I went to see the nutritionist today and she also gave me the result of the blood work I had done last week and much to my surprise I am badly anemic. Dr. H is going to have to see why this is happening and how to treat it which will put everything on hold for a little bit. I came home very discouraged. I am ready to go forward but I can't. I'll check in on the progress I am making. Nanaviv

Hello ladies!! I am home! :clap2: I'm feeling pretty good today. So good that they let me leave the hospital waking, and ot in a wheel chair. lol. I'm a little loopy right now b/c I just took some pain meds, but overall I feel great. Pre-op prepping was tough, that's for sure. It took 6 tries to get the IV in me. :faint:But everyone was really nice, and I woke up very peacefully in recovery.

I am sore though. My shoulders are KILLING me! My stomach feels like I've been kicked in the stomach, or worked out to the point where it is sore just to move. lol. But overall, I can't complain. I really feel fantastic!

Thank you guys for all your support! I will write more this wee, but I think bed is calling me tonight. :grouphug:

hey chris your home!

remember the liquid pain med is your friend lol

for me those the next 2 weeks was hard due to i felt that if i was home i should be getting things done around the house, but try and enjoy the rest

so happy for you

deb

nana sorry your in a hold patern...

maybe you can look at treating your anemic as one step to get you better.

i remember thinking i was not going to have the lapband, because of being in treatment, but they took me to help me get healthy for the future

deb