Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi folks

chris my partner is doing great, thanks for asking. you'll do great on the 2nd. i am sure. they will probable release you on the 3rd. and my appt is on the 4th

nanaviv...so you might of had michelle for the nurse before you saw dr h

i am real proud of her, she is a great gal. sounds like your on your way

i hope all goes smooth!!!!!!!!!!!

sherry ..sorry your having a rough time right now. i have used fit day for a few years now. being an engineer i love the charts LOL. please keep us up to date. i hope you are getting enough nutrition, has this been since your last fill on 8/16?

dezadoo..i made it to 3 mi/hr on the treadmill today, and that was really pushing it

i haven't seen the scale move as of yet but i hope to soon. i have added pedometer to my day for the last 3 days. i have been trying to get over 10000 steps(pacing in the control room). last night my legs kept me awake from being sore. i think this new life style is going to kill me ha ha

big day tomorow, gotta get some sleep

deb

just reporting I was actually able to eat today. I'm telling ya stay home from work...less stress...band is more open lol. I had an over easy egg this morning with two sausage links, Soup for lunch and some chicken for dinner. Weird I tell ya...just weird. I feel better though...so I'm really thinking stress is key here hmmmmm.

Gotta get going. Talk with you all soon!!!! Chrispy I miss ya!

Hi All,

Yes, I saw Michelle. She was very, very nice. So was Dr. H. Sherry, I am nervous about fills. I don't know what to tell you. Let Dr. Jones know how you are feeling. And Chrissy don't lose it now!! Just think of the end result. It is what you have waited for all this time. And don't judge by what you see your mother go through. It is tooooo close to yours. Just remember that is over quickly. I have had a couple of surgeries so I know it passes before you know it and you are much younger than me so you will be doing so much better. I wish I was closer to my time. Glad your partner is doing well rainbow. Nanaviv

actually getting the fills isn't bad at all. I didn't think it hurt at all. It's not comfortable but, it doesn't hurt if that makes sense. After a fill you do get a boost in weight loss because you have to go back to stage 1 for a 3 days, then mushies for 3-4 days and then you can try solids. You have to go slow.

Sat. ken's party went great (I am so relieved he is home safe); the weather did not give us too much trouble.

We had company most of the whole weekend coming and going. Some stayed for the night due to most comes from the eastern part of the state.

I lost track of what I was eating to put into fitday.com, today I will figure out some lies (haha)

Got up Monday with a stinking cold, I guess I got run down.

Michelle said she thought I would get a fill on Oct 4th, and not to be scared.

I have not lost weight; I hope it’s due to getting my leg muscles back

Well gotta get moving more to do to put house back the way it was.

Drop a line how is everyone doing?

Deb

Hi Rainbow - glad to hear the party went well! From what I hear the weight loss does slow once you get on mushies. I think the fact that you've been exercising definitely has an effect as well. You are replacing fat with muscle, and that is not reflected on the scale. Good luck with your first fill. I know you'll do great!

It's just 5 more days before I get my band. I can hardly believe it! I'm starting to get really nervous and anxious. I've had a hard time sleeping the past couple of nights. I'm nervous about work (getting caught up before I go), was really nervous about my mom, and am nervous/excited/anxious about the surgery. I think it's just throwing me off all around. lol. I have wanted to eat my way through the past couple of days. NOT GOOD! lol

My mom came home tonight. The poor thing had it a little rough today. I guess her gas bubbles were coming up instead of out, so it took her a long time to get her liquids down. I spoke to her around 8pm tonight, and she was just getting home. She was so happy to be home and in her own bed. She kept trying to tell me that I wouldn't have the same problems as her. lol. I think she's afraid she'll make me more nervous. lol.

Deezadoo - how are things with you?

Sherry - I haven't chatted with you in a bit, but I see you've lost a couple more pounds. You go girl!

Well I think it's off to bed early for me!

Chris

how are by bidmc gals?

deb - great job on the treadmill! wahoo! i have been slacking on the gym the last 2 weeks, getting back into the swing of school but i hope to get back on track soon. our school is doing a walk across america project in phys ed and we are all wearing pedometers so hopefully that will help!

sherry - it sounds like youre doing well, my first fill is tomorrow and i am looking forward to a boost in wt loss! i seem to have slowed down quite a bit. my downfall lately has been alcohol, lite lemonade and vodka. my cousing got married this past weekend in rochester so it was a wild weekend, too much food, too much drink, too much family. lol!

nana- congrats! you are on your way! what is your next appt? good luck with the psycho psych!

chris - are you getting excited?!? you'll do great and and soon you won't recognize yourself!!!

is anyone doing the walk for obesity on sun? i think i might and would love to meet ALL of you!

hugs to all - dez

Chris, the days fly by fast and before you know it you will be starting the mushies. Hope your mom is doing well, I did have a problem with gas after I came home, and I guess that is quite common. My gas came 2 weeks later; I just had to let it work through the system. There was no solid food to help push it thru.

Dee today you get your fill, let me know how it goes, mine is next week. I cannot make the walk this weekend I will be on the night shift, but I will be there in spirit. I would of loved to walk with Michelle.

deb

Hi Everyone,

I am going to my second meeting tomorrow night and then I have an appointment with the nutritionist on Oct. 3rd and th psych. (good luck) on Oct. 19th. I can see your concern chrispygal. I think you are going to have to think beyond what is happening to your mother. I hope she gets well soon. I heard about 2 possible gas relief products but I never saw them in a store, so I don't know how hard they are to find. First is a Syrup, sabsimplex, and the next from a health food store and I don't know if the spelling is correct, acidoldolyfs probiotic - 2 tbls. in morn. and eve. I saw these on the other lapband forum. I hope you can find them and they work. I plan on looking for them when my time comes. Glad everyone is OK and time is moving along. Nanaviv

hi all! first fill yesterday! dr. jones fellow got it on the frist try! i got 2cc's and am back on liquids for 3-4 days, mushies for 3-4 days then i can eat regular food and my speed dial is set for pizza! i am going to try to go to the suport group next week but who knows?!? i am down 8 more lbs since my last visit and i worked out at the gym today. 30 min on the bike and wts for 30 min. i tried to take it easy since its been a week. ineed to get back into a routine.

good luck nana!

chris - for the gas angi recommeded chewable gas-x and it worked well for me.

sherry and deb - how are things?

dez

dez.........thats so cool 8#'s congrats,you must of worked your butt off you go girl!

nana..just a heads up some people think the phych is a little strange

chris....how's your mom doing?

i go back on the night shift tonight, i dread these 12 hrs shifts. i am getting better at prepacking the right food.< /p>

deb

Hi all,

Boy dez do you sound great. What was in that fill???? Just keep doing what you are doing. The exercise part is what I haven't been good at. I went to the meeting last night. Dr. Jones gave it again. He is great, but he gave it last time I went, so I wish someone else gave it so may have learned something new. But 3 or 4 people were there who have already been banded. They looked great and said it was the best thing they ever did. So, there you go Chrispygal, keep that in mind. It was good to hear, but I am ready. I just have to worry about being accepted by them and insurance?? So, I get a little down every time I go for a meeting, test, etc. One young girl last night said she had her surgery date and did that mean her insurance ok'd her and Dr. Jones said to check with them to make sure. Do you really not know until the last minute?? It seems like I will worry until I am in the OR. Well, do well everyone. Nanaviv

Hi guys, I went to see the Doc and nutritionist yesterday- got a tiny fill. I am not impressed with my loss- 5 pounds in the last 2 months, but they were OK with it. I definitely need to get exercising more. I am so tired all the time- I know that exercise is going to help with the stress etc, but it is so hard for me. I work nights, so it is a challenge to find the time.

nurse - one thing i really like is the pilates 20 min workout from mari windsor, be careful though dr. jones just let me start on ab exer wed. its quick easy and needs no props.

deb - i just found some snack size gladware and it's great for packing lunch, good portion size

nana - you find out about your ins. after you get your sx date, i have bcbs and it only took a few days, i called to make sure we were good cuz i had sx only 2 wks after i met w/dr. jones which was just a lucky break.

chris - how's your mom? don't be nervous, you'll do fine! :confused: wow! sx mon, it seems like time flew, soon we will be having our gettogether and be wearing smaller clothes!

hugs to all

dez