Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just looking at the pics thinking....OMG I need to get back down to 212 and then work on getting back to that 197 I saw. Then work on getting to my goal of 175 (right now anyway). I'll get there :thumbup: one day at a time is the best we can do.

I was just looking at the pics thinking....OMG I need to get back down to 212 and then work on getting back to that 197 I saw. Then work on getting to my goal of 175 (right now anyway). I'll get there :thumbs_up: one day at a time is the best we can do.

I hear you, Sherry. I was looking at some pics the other day of myself before, when I'd done the Master Cleanse for 40 days. I remember feeling so healthy, I thought "well, what happened?".

But I read this great quote that Oprah wrote:

"Here's another thing this past year has been trying to teach me: I don't have a weight problem—I have a self-care problem that manifests through weight. As my friend Marianne Williamson shared with me, "Your overweight self doesn't stand before you craving food. She's craving love." Falling off the wagon isn't a weight issue; it's a love issue."

And you know, I thought to myself, "Wow, that is so true!" A lot of my issues are less about my actual weight and more about how I take care of myself all around.

-music

music..I usually get an emil notification of replies to threads, but somehow missed this one and just got it today..Sat.

I did go to the meeting on thurs...VERY informative , I thought.

I was sitting way in the back against the wall.I left early because of the prking rates..I parked in the wrong garage!

I was impressed with the 3 'losers' who spoke to the group.

Before making up my mind, I am going to the one this tues at Brigh & wom.

I was amazed that there is such a LONG waiting list before one has the surgery!

I'm sorry I missed your email.

music..I usually get an emil notification of replies to threads, but somehow missed this one and just got it today..Sat.

I did go to the meeting on thurs...VERY informative , I thought.

I was sitting way in the back against the wall.I left early because of the prking rates..I parked in the wrong garage!

I was impressed with the 3 'losers' who spoke to the group.

Before making up my mind, I am going to the one this tues at Brigh & wom.

I was amazed that there is such a LONG waiting list before one has the surgery!

I'm sorry I missed your email.

Hey Singingintherain!

Aw, I'm sorry we missed each other. I kept thinking I should email you sooner so that we could connect before the night of the meeting, but it kept slipping my mind. I do plan on attending the info session on the 22nd, so that I can see Dr. Schneider in action. I'm hoping that will help me make my decision on which surgeon I'd like to choose. I know that you're partial to BWH, but if you'd like to connect and just keep talking through this, I'd love it.

I had my series of appointments today at BIDMC with the nutritionist, Dr. H, my echo, my abdominal ultrasound and I'm happy to say that everything went really smoothly. In fact, I've already lost 5 pounds even before I saw the nutritionist!

I think it's the idea of knowing that I've finally made a decision to seek help. That has really motivated me.

How are you doing? Are you having a good week?

Talk with you soon. Oh, and hello Everyone! :)

-music

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wV7NDZi/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wV7NDZi/weight.png[/image]

Edited by musicfrommyheart
bad ticker link

I was just looking at the pics thinking....OMG I need to get back down to 212 and then work on getting back to that 197 I saw. Then work on getting to my goal of 175 (right now anyway). I'll get there :) one day at a time is the best we can do.

I hear you, Sherry. How are you feeling? Are you healing well?

weight.png

Hi all,

I'm 5 days post-op. My surgeon was Dr. Jones. I had a great experience. The nurses and doctors were fabulous. Everyone was so supportive, caring, and helpful. Currently trying to get all my fluids in -- it's hard!!! It seems by the time I finish 8oz I'm full and it's already time to start the next 8oz. Any suggestions?? Also, did anyone else have a problem with feeling bloated and gassy???

Banded 2/10/09

Dr. Jones - BIDMC

hi all! it's been someitme since i posted and it was nice to see deb and sherry still on. i just got a fill and i am really struggling to get weight off after baby. i gained 20 lbs after giving birth - how's that for screwy!?!? but my sweet little boy is almost 11 mos old and if i have to be fat for a while yet so be it..but not too much longer. my short term goal is 220 by june 1 at the LATEST! by the way are any of you on Facebook? my new obsession

Hi All,

I'm almost 2 months post-op and am on my stage 4 diet. So far I've been able to keep my weightloss steady and have lost 41 lbs. I have a follow up on 4/8 even though I have been following my diet I'm nervous about going in and seeing that I've gained. Honestly it should be expected with the difference in the diet to gain maybe a pound but it's causing some serious anxiety. The anxiety is making it so I want to eat more. (Can you tell I'm a stress eater!) Did anyone else gain when they were on their stage 4.

Hi Dezadoo, Congratulations on your new baby. I'm on Facebook my name is Theresa Kinney if you'd like to add me as a friend just put lap band in the request.

Hope all are well.

Hey Everyone! Its been a while since I have posted! I was wondering if anyone is south of boston? I never get to make it to support group since I work until 6pm. I am about to give up hope....I feel like this was pointless to have gotten....

Hi liquidbluegal - I'm from Foxboro. why are you about to give up hope?? Please feel free to send me a private message. I'd be more than happy to share stories with you or even talk to you about topics from the support groups. I've gone to 2 support meetings and I do feel they help. My surgery was on 2/10/09 although I haven't had the band long I'd be more than happy to lend an ear and help anyway I can. Good luck -- don't ever lose hope I'm sure things will get better!;)

;)

Hello, I am starting the process at Beth Israel, and have some concerns. One is the manadotry 500 dollar out of pocket fee? I have Neighborhood Health and they were shocked about this, they said they cover the whole surgery and I shouldn't have to pay this fee(they commented that they haven't heard of this before). Also I went to one of the info sessions, and filled out the paperwork sent it in, and my doctors referral was sent to them. After a few weeks of not hearing from them I called, and was told they would call me in a week, and that I needed to attend another info session. Not to sound bratty but wouldn't it just be the same thing? From what I have been finding out (i.e. googling) that there is a long waiting list to be seen and to have the surgery. I will be moving in September, out of the state, so I'm wondering if I should just wait till I move. Sorry to vent, but any info would be get great.

Thanks,

Chloe

I believe the program fee is for (non reimbursable) expenses like the pre op work book which I found extremely helpful, it goes through things step by step. Also the support group they have twice a month and the online newsletter.

Each of the surgeons run a seminar so your able to meet both of them if you attend both sessions. Yes, the majority of it's repetitive but you can get a feel for the surgeons themselves. In addition patients who have had surgery attend this gives you the opportunity to speak with them directly. You may not be able to get in prior to you move I would go to another seminar and ask the surgeon. They may be able to recommend a bariatric surgeon in the state where you'll be moving.