Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can someone suggest a good vitiman?

after surgery, i was told that i needed to start taking Vitamins.

it needs to be a Multi-Vitamin with an Iron B complex, Calcium citrate with Vitamin D.

i asked the pharmacist at Walmart and he suggested one a day women's active metabolism.

they are pills - not chewable.< /p>

i have not yet started them because i'm nervous about swallowing a pill this early out.

can anyone suggest a good chewable Vitamin that has everything listed? if i need to take 2 separate ones to get it all, that's fine too.

i'm also suppose to take 2500mcg of B12 a week, but i got that part covered. i found some 500mcg b12s so if i take one 5 days a week, i'm good.

Tiffany posted this as a comparison of Vitamins. You also want to keep in mind that you need to space your Iron and calcium citrate at least two hours apart. I've been very pleased with Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin, BA Iron, and BA chewy calcium citrate. Hope this helps!

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/vitamins-supplements/3739-all-vitamins-not-created-equally-excellent-comparison-chart.html

I take two TRADER JOES chewable multi Vitamins ( one in the morning and one at night) they taste pretty darn good.

3 times a day I take 2 Bariatric Advantage chewable Calcium, also very yummy

I also tried the lozenge's, they are a little less expensive and taste ok....

1 time a day ( spaced out from the calcium ) 1 Iron chewable lemon lime flavored...also Bariatric Advantage, kind of like a sour candy, but I like it :thumbup:

https://www.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog

works for me:thumbup1:

good luck!

I have used these for over 2 years now. I have never been deficient with any of my labs. Not saying that these are the end all be all, but they have yet to fail me. They taste a bit like the pink Tums but not as chalky. It is 2 chewables per day, and I actually look forward to them.

GNC Solotron? chewable - GNC - GNC

I take the multis in the morning, then 2 hours later I take the citracal petite plus D, and then before bed 2 more citracal petites.

There is no need for me to additional Iron as I was not deficient before surgery, and have not even been close to low on my Iron levels.

I had a sample of the Bariatric Advantage sent to me. They made me puke, and had me nauseated severely for about 4 hours. I don't remember which one it was specifically, but I wasn't going to order any of their stuff due to that one reaction.

I do take a 2500mcg sublingual B12 that I pick up from Wal-Mart. I do one of those every other day usually.

Edited by Tiffykins

I am taking Centrum adult chewables i got them at walgreens.

Hi everyone,

The dr recommended I start taking my Multivitamin today -- I purchased Bariatric Advantage Complete Multi Formula and it seems like 2 minutes later I was nauseous and sick to my stomach. It even gave me diahrrea! Is that normal? I really don't feel like taking these tomorrow!!!

Any Vitamins you all recommend that I can purchase over the counter?

I also purchased the Vitamin B12 from Bariatric Advantage (Sublingual B12) has anyone had any adverse reaction? How did you like it? I don't need to take this one for 2-3 weeks. In addition, I purchased the calcium citrate chewy bites from Bariatric Advantage too -- also can't take for 2-3 weeks but would love to hear what you all think?

Why is it that you can take all of them together? I must no have been listening when my dr was speaking to me!! lol -- I am glad I have you all for guidance!:)

Hi everyone,

The dr recommended I start taking my multivitamin today -- I purchased Bariatric Advantage Complete Multi Formula and it seems like 2 minutes later I was nauseous and sick to my stomach. It even gave me diahrrea! Is that normal? I really don't feel like taking these tomorrow!!!

Any Vitamins you all recommend that I can purchase over the counter?

I also purchased the Vitamin B12 from Bariatric Advantage (Sublingual B12) has anyone had any adverse reaction? How did you like it? I don't need to take this one for 2-3 weeks. In addition, I purchased the calcium citrate chewy bites from Bariatric Advantage too -- also can't take for 2-3 weeks but would love to hear what you all think?

Why is it that you can take all of them together? I must no have been listening when my dr was speaking to me!! lol -- I am glad I have you all for guidance!:)

This may disappoint you, but I had that reaction w/every multi I tried. I realized that with the BA if I eat something first and then instead of chewing them I suck on them like a lozenge less of it hits my tummy all at once and I'm generally okay. Good luck!

Oh and you can't take your Iron and Calcium together. I take my multi and calcium at the same time then wait a minimum of two hours and take my iron. Iron makes it so your body is less able to absorb the calcium and if you are on a PPI you really need the calcium because over time it can deplete the mineral supply in your bones.

I just had a consult with my nut today and based upon her recommendations. For the first 3 months, the supplement should be chewable . After three months, you may change from chewable to tablets/capsule. Remember it must be smaller than a plain M&M to fit through your opening.

Spread the vitamins/minerals throughout the day. Do not take them all at once.

MULTIPLE VITAMINS/MINERAL: Two per day at different times

Calcium CITRATE with Vitamin D and Magnesuim: 1500-2000 mg/day Take no more than 500-600mg at a time

Do not take Calcium within 2-4 hours of taking Iron or thyroid medicine.

• Bluebonnet liquid Calcuim Citrate with Magnesium & Vitamin D
  • Celebrate Calcium Plus
  • Bariatric Advantage Chewable Calium Citrate Lozenges
  • Bariatric Advantage Calcium Crystals with Vitamin D
  • Citracal Petites, to be used after 3 months, 2 tablets three times a day

VITAMIN B 12: 1000 mcg/week

• sublingual - under the tongue lozenges, tablets, or dots {NO liquids}; you must let it DISSOLVE under your tongue for at least 2 minutes for aborption
  • Nasal spray-once a week in one nostril {prescription only}
  • Intramuscular injection- 1000 mcg monthly per your primary doctor

B-COMPLEX: Once a day. Be sure it has thiamine in it. Even though your B-Complex may list Vitamin B-12 as an ingredient, you do NOT absorb B-12 adequately and must take Vitamin B-12 by another route

• Solaray B-Comples Chewable
  • Twinlab StressMates Bi-layer Chewable wafers {2 wafers}
  • B-Complex tablet/capsule, after three months

IRON AND VITAMIN D

Take additional Iron and Vitamin D only on the advice of your physician.

I hope this helps. I know it's kinda long. LOL

I spoke to my nutritionist about it and he basically said that since I just got sleeved on Tuesday -- that I probably am not able to tolerate it. So, I am gong to try Flinstones that my kids take and wait until next week to try the bariatric one again... Now, I am scared. :thumbup:

Don't be scared.. give your body a chance to heal. The fact that you are thinking about the Vitamins is a great thing!! If the flintstone vitamins do not have enough in them try the gummies that Jaffa recommended. : )

My surgeon recommends that any store bought multivitamin will be fine. I read the labels carefully and chose the chewable with the most nutrients in one pill. It's difficult to find any with enough Calcium, so that one has to be separate. Right now, I'm using some samples from the docs office that are Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium with Vit D. They kind of have a sourness to them and are cherry flavored. They are huge so I hate to be bothered sucking them down but the taste is manageable. I'm on the hunt for a store brand that I can use when those run out. I guess I need to check the Iron level in my multivitamin because I can't remember if it's high enough...