Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i do too, and i actually had it soon after my vsg, i am 9days out, and i still do feel it, im thinkn the muscle is still sore and tender under there where my stitch is, i had a minor briuse by that one too. I am glad to hear others have this prob too.

I also had the same pains and had a hiatal hernia repair too during surgery. The pain is a result from eating or drinking too fast and gas. The best way to get rid of it is to walk. Walking helps release the pressure built up inside you that is causing that pain under your breast. When I feel it I get on my treadmill and walk about 5 mins and it helps a ton. Also when I started eating slower I don't get it as much. Be sure to eat slow and chew very good.

I am worried it's been a year and I still have pain on my left breast. Has anyone gone that long with pain

I’m not a year but 9 months and have started having this. And it’s always after I eat. Once or twice during yoga but not strenuous exercise. As if the stretching irritates it. I do think I notice it from eating too fast but plan on checking with the dr when I have my follow up.

I had the same pain in that area for maybe three weeks post-op and it finally went away, if that helps.

I just had my follow up and they are having me start back on Prilosec then follow up in 3 weeks. They believe it could be acid lower in the digestive system or an ulcer.

So I think it can vary greatly depending on your history and when you had surgery.

On 6/8/2010 at 7:48 PM, MamaAsh said:

Is that normal? To have a random sharp pain under my left boob / left side of my chest? I'm 2 weeks out and over the last few days I randomly get this pain. Sometimes when I eat and sometimes even when I'm just sipping fluids. Has anyone else felt this? I am so freaked out over leaks, could this be a sign? I don't have a temperature, so what is everyone's opinions? I'm gonna call my surgeon in the AM but was looking to see what you all think.

I've literally had this my whole life! I always tell people it feels like my lung is being punctured by my rib or something. I have no idea what it is. I assume it is just some kind of a muscle spasm.