Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hi everyone, mysherrijo here, new name.

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I finally after not losing an ounce for 2 months and gaining 8 pounds, (first gain since surgery) started really watching what I was eating lost the 8 pounds and 2 more so finally 10 pound loss. I am scheduled for a fill Thursday but not real sure if I'm going to get it. I've already got 2.7cc's in a 4cc's band so I'm trying to really pace myself. Heck, I've already had 5 fills.

Glad to see everyone doing great, and congrats Chris, Edie, DonnaMarie and everyone.

Checking in - scale still not moving - I get cortisone in my knees on Friday and then I should be able to start moving more...so frustrating!

I go up 2, down 2, and I'm stuck at 250...urrgghh! My body, however, is still shifting and changing. I'm getting both knees replaced, a month apart, this summer, so then I can really get out and get moving...

It's nice to come here and know that I'm not the only one with a slowed weight loss...

Hey everyone..

Also checking in.. I am stuck too cuz I can't get my butt to the gym.. I struggle so bad with exhaustion due to this anemia.. grrrrr I am getting a little better each day though.

Plan on jumping back on the exercise horse on Monday. I have not gained and have not lost.. just stuck.. still very restricted.. no fill for me for sure!

Hope everyone is well!

~DonnaMarie~

Hey guys!! Sorry that I haven't written in awhile. I have had computer problems and then I couldn't get back on this site. But I am back now and I am glad. I am still not losing any weight but I am holding my own. I know I need to exercise more and I plan to someday lol! I still am struggling with eating the right things. I can eat the junk food much better than I can eatfood that is good for me. But I am trying to. I probably don't need a fill but maybe a supplement to curve my appetite temporarly. I seem to be hungry all the time but when I eat I can only eat a little at a time. Just all those times adds up and I don't lose. I am going to ask my doctor next time I see her.

I am so glad to read about all of your progresses and your stories of success. I hope that this site will let me stay on and I promise to write more often. Hugs

Checking in again - the scale finally moved another 5 lbs on Friday AM and then I went and had a family birthday celebration and cake on Saturday! I haven't weighed myself since...I'll give it a few days.

Thought I'd attach a picture from the weekend (my sister and me) I'm the one on the right...I'm down 95lbs. Better head off to work - it's nice to know that no matter how much time passes in between my visits you're all still here checking in!

post-208149-13813134821946_thumb.jpg

Way to go Steph! Good Job!

I am down about 4 more.. Yay!! 265.. I want to be 250 or below for my Vegas trip when my fiance and I elope so I am well on my way.. Don't know if I can pull of 15 lbs but as long as I am getting there.. that is all that matters!

I have been so bad with the exercise thing. I cannot for the life of me get up in the morning to get to the gym.. It is driving me nuts. Anemia is something that I have never had before but boy does it make you tired!! I have been staying active in other ways.. eg. taking the stairs, parking far away, walking the dog but just not getting to the gym. The doctor says that the symptoms for anemia may take about a month to subside cuz you have to build your Iron stores back up but I feel so guilty!! Grrrrrr..

Hope everyone is well!

Hugz,

DonnaMarie

Just checking in to say the scale is moving again. I had a fill to 3.0 and at first it felt very loose, but one week later it has kicked in and I am tight. Whoo hoo, talk about restriction. This is awesome.

Down to 212 at almost the 9 month mark for me and a 68 pound weight loss.

I am really excited to get below 200, so will work on that as my next goal, don't care when it happens, expecting my body to fight it as I haven't been there for YEARS!

How is everyone else doing at the 9 month mark?

I have currently lost 108 pounds since my surgery on July 20, 2007. I have had 4 fills, my las one was right after thanksgiving. My weight loss has slowed down, but I am still losing. I think I need another fill, but since I am a self pay, and it is past my 6 month post surgery period ( surgeon's fee was waived for all fills within the 1st 6months of surgery) my fills now cost $880!! Yikes!

I have been contemplating a vaction or a fill. What do you all think?

Checking in to say hello - 1.4 lbs away from 100 lbs lost this morning...I won't be celebrating totally until I stay at 100 or more for a week...then I'll do the happy dance. I am changing physically, though...even though the scale hasn't been moving the past month or so.

Now that Easter is over and the Cadbury eggs (the ones with the candy shell) are gone from the shelves, I will be back on the wagon...I LOVE those things!

Hope you all are doing well!

Hey everyone!

I am doing ok.. the scale keeps going up and down but AF is here so that explains it. My fiance got me my ring this past weekend! It is SO beautiful! 1 carat triple stone, princess cut.. set in 14K white gold.. very pretty.. He did a good job and I was very surprized and happy. We have been engaged since last summer but he has been working alot of overtime and wanted to buy it out right so I am very very proud of him! Now we are just waiting for our trip to Vegas on May 27th!

I am having a helluva time with this anemia. I am so run down.. especially this week with AF here. I had to get some blood work today and the lab tech asked me if I was anemic and I told her yes.. just found out a couple of weeks ago. She told me she could tell because my lips were blue! I have had a 1 month cycle of Iron pills but not sure how long it will take to kick in. I am also B12 deficient so I have just regular Vitamins that I take for that. To top all this off, I have depression and when you are anemic or B12 deficient, the symptoms get worse.. SOOO I have zero motivation and feel run down.. I see my surgeon in a week and my endocrinologist on Monday so hopefully we can figure something out. OH.. and the bruises!! my legs look like I was beat up! UGH..

Well, that is all for now ladies and gents.. I am trying to relax today and get some stuff done around the house. Spring cleaning and what not. Oh and I think I need a little bitty fill when I go next friday.. I can eat a little more then when I first was filled..

Hope everyone is well!!

Luv & Hugz,

DonnaMarie :)

We are almost at a 1 year anniversary.

I am pleased to report that I am still in my size 12 jeans. First time ever in my life of yo yo dieting that I stayed in a size. Feels good and in control.

Chris I want to tell you that it took me about 6 weeks to take off last 10 lbs. I was a little frustrated but knew I was ok and it finally came off.

I was mega (lol) exercising and sticking to 1000 or 1100 calories so I was doing everything on my part. I figure my body was hanging on to it for a reason?

I see that there are questions about my fills. I had two fills in 8 mos.

The first about 6 weeks after surgery and the second around dec 8 2006.

I didn't pay attentions to how much just put that in the hands of my surgeon. He had told my husband that most of his patients just need 2 to reach goal. Would you say he is probably aggressive with his fills.

I am restricted. I can almost eat a large thigh of chicken and nothing else in one sitting. I take my mult Vitamin. I drink v-8. I still love my creamed Soups . I would say I can judge about 1 cup of food per meal.

Soups the whole can.

Sorry I don't have numbers for my fills.

Does any of my July 06 bandsters need a cheerleader for exercise? PM me. I want to help . I promise I do not do any sweating . I do not like to sweat still!!

your band sister,

edie

Way to go everyone. I know we're all busy and stuff but let's all make a pact that we will all try to post at least once a week. Even if just a hello. We've always been so close and I understand how busy everyone is and after finding out I had my second grandbaby which we found out is a boy today, the other one is Briana who is 19 months, my son and his wife just found out today she's pregnant too so lord, oh lord am I going to be busy but I sure miss everyone. Please everyone, once a week won't be hard. I miss all of you especially all the regulars I talk to and I know I will forget someone but Stef, DonnaMarie, Edieparks, Paulax, Beth, Letha, well everyone.

I had my fill 2 weeks ago and still, same thing, I'm now up to 3 ccs in 4cc's band and so tight I can't hardle eat 1/2 cup and not losing. I guess I'm stalled big time. I did have my measurements taken at the doc's and I've lost about 60 pounds and almost 60 inches so maybe it's just inches for a while. I'm really restricted though and that fills great.

Love you all,

Let's make a pact now, okay.

Hey ya Beachgirl,

When I stalled I was talking to my health coach at my gym and told her I was going to start walking more ... She said no just walk a little faster.

Sure enough it did get the scales going down again. Then I switched back to my normal speed. I can walk 4 miles in 1 hr and 5 min.

Your jULY 06 BAND SISTER,

edie

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. I think I am coming out of my funk.. Last week was HELL with my anemia and AF here.. I could not do anything! I even missed work.. that sucked. (3 days.. heavy AF and TIRED TIRED TIRED.. sorry if TMI)

Today was the first day in about 4 weeks where I felt like myself. I went out and planted some flowers and trimmed the bushes in the front of my house.. I even started an herb garden! I love fresh ingredient cooking and since surgery have a deeper love for it. I also took the dog to the dog park and went grocery shopping.. trust me, that was more than I have done in a LONG time. I even started some spring cleaning.

Now I HAVE to get my sorry butt to the gym. I can hear Edie now.. Do it DonnaMarie!! Hee hee.. I will!

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my endocrinologist to see how my Diabetes is doing. He will be very pleased with the weight loss I am sure. Friday brings a trip to my surgeon and I am thinking he is going to give me a fill. I can eat a bit more now and I am stuck but I think that most of that is the being lazy and sluggish and not moving my arse!

That is all for now ladies. And I am with ya for the weekly updates.. mine might be daily cuz I feel better when I am "accountable" to someone! LOL

Love and hugz!

~DonnaMarie~

Hey guys!!! I am still having problems getting on to this site. It keeps telling me my password is incorrect. I hope it is fixed for now.

Well I am not losing any weight. I know I need to exercise but I just don't feel like it. I have some exercise equipment at the house but I just don't have the energy. I mainly lay on the couch all day and watch TV. I have never been this lazy before. I get out only when I have to. I know this sounds like a sad lifestyle but I think I am getting used to it. Does this happen to any of you? I am hungry all the time and I try to eat low cal foods but they don't feel me up or they come back up. I am going to my regular doctor this week so I am going to talk to her. I already had blood work up done and I am on the low side of anemia but not anemia. I do take vitimins though. I don't know what to do. Anybody got any suggestions? I sure could use them. I miss talking to all of you and I hope my computer doesn't knock me off again. I agree with Sherri about writing at least once a week just to let everyone know how you are doing. I will try to write as much as I can. Talk to ya'll later. Hugs