Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Weeks Since Surgery

Well I had my lap band removed and my sleeve surgery May 21st and since the surgery I lost 12 pounds. Now that I have started introducing more foods into me I have already GAINED 4 pounds back. I am constantly tired "work 8 hours a day and have a two year old" I walk every evening and I watch my fat and sugar intake like my Dr told me to do. I haven't gotten my Vitamins started yet hopefully today I can go pick them up. Any suggestions on what to take? Any advice on the gaining? HELP!! Very discouraged after all I've been though with the band not working and now I'm discouraged with this :thumbup1:

Is it close to your time of the month?? That would explain some weight gain, or even too much salt in a day or two can cause it. Don't sweat it, you will continue to lose. I think we all worry that we won't lose, but you will!! Just keep doing what you are supposed to and the weight will come off. Good luck!!

It's all Water for sure. I had my sleeve May 17 and have kind of stalled the past 5 days, up and down 2 lbs. You are more active than I am, still have incisional pain so walking some but not real exercise. But I am older so healing is slower for me too. Just having my 2 yr old grand daughter over for an afternoon wears me out. when she left last weekend I slept for an hour. ha ha... I think you are doing great is what I'm trying to say.

I am supposed to take 2 flintstone complete chewable Vitamins a day, 3 Calcium citrate chewables, and a B12 sublingual once a week.

I would not worry. If anything try to get more fluids in. You are alot more active then I am right now. But you might just need to give your body a break and understand it just went through alot in surgery. It will happen... I have faith.

Hey y'all well thanks for the incouragement... Thankfully it's not that time of the month I "luckily" had that come the evening of my surgery!!! Talk about hectic lol... Pour nurses was running ragged trying to find supplies haha... Hopefully the loss will kick back in soon... Anyone know anything about "whey protein" My cousin which had the bypass said that I should get some of that and it will jump start the weight loss even more???

I'll have to go get me some then. From my paper work I have moved up to "what normal people eat just smaller portions of it" Never ate "cottage cheese" never looked apealing lol so whatever floats your boat there :0) Good Luck!!

I can tell you that for the last week I have been kinda depressed about losing too. First I have private stuff I am going thru but for about a week and a half I have been the same weight. Up one down one up one down one, but basicly stuck at 287 which is like 24 down since may 12. While I AM PSYCHED about that I cant help but wonder if I am doing something wrong. I find that if I get on an exercise machine I am hungry all freaking day. Does that happen to anyone else? I seem to be able to eat more then most people although I am not eating a lot. I just am so scared like you that I am not going to see results like I did with the lap band.. NOW please no one yell at me because I realize that 24 is great but I just wonder how long I should have no movement before I start to worry.

PS. to those who wrote me about a previous bf post. I WILL GE$T back to you i just have been kinda in a depressed hermit state and with the stall I am just sinking lower.

Phat Curves glad to hear from you. I was getting a little worried. Take it easy on yourself. You are doing good. Your stomach is still healing so take it east. I get sleeved next week and my doctor's orders are liquids for 3 weeks after surgery. I know every dr. is different but I'm just trying to make the point of don't overburden you new stomach. Keep posting and feel better and stronger.

Stella

I totally understand Phat Curves... Personal stuff in my life as well.. The stall on weight loss is making it even worse. Only down 9.4 lbs since May 21st.. Was hoping for more results... I'm constantly tired no matter what I do... This burning in my throat in cheast are constant and its irritating... Glad you had more results with lap band.. Lord knows I didn't.. I feel better just knowing its out of me... I am like you.. Able to eat stuff, but just small portions... I watch my sugar and fat intake and still not getting the results I'm wanting... Hope it gets better!!!

I can tell you that for the last week I have been kinda depressed about losing too. First I have private stuff I am going thru but for about a week and a half I have been the same weight. Up one down one up one down one, but basicly stuck at 287 which is like 24 down since may 12. While I AM PSYCHED about that I cant help but wonder if I am doing something wrong. I find that if I get on an exercise machine I am hungry all freaking day. Does that happen to anyone else? I seem to be able to eat more then most people although I am not eating a lot. I just am so scared like you that I am not going to see results like I did with the lap band.. NOW please no one yell at me because I realize that 24 is great but I just wonder how long I should have no movement before I start to worry.

PS. to those who wrote me about a previous bf post. I WILL GE$T back to you i just have been kinda in a depressed hermit state and with the stall I am just sinking lower.

Maybe you should just tuck the scale away for a while and pay attention to the way your body feels...I think if you focus less on the scale, you'll be able to start seeing the little changes taking place that you might be overlooking :crying: