Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 month post-op Update with a little attention whoring

Tiffy you look gorgeous! I hope you have a wonderful time showing off your cute little body! Strut

your stuff cause you're a hottie!

You are beautiful inside and out--and I love the entire outfit you pulled together for the formal. What can I say that hasn't been said already? I am so glad you are here to share your experience, strength and hope with us all.

Gyrllllllll!!!!!!! Awesome. You look wonderful. Now the thread where I asked about the Pann/Apron; you are RockN that tummy. I am starting early with Protein, prenatal vits, and HipHopAbs. lololol. This is going to work for me. I can taste it.

You have a wonderful night on the 14th and I'm sure Hubby will not be able to concentrate; keeping his eyes on you.

Krys

Technically, this post is about 4 days early, but I feel good today, and want to attention whore for a few minutes.

So, what have learned thus far:

~ I have a normal relationship with food

~ My mind, body and soul are finally starting to sync up in unison

~ I truly do not feel like I'm dieting

~ It's okay to have a bad day

~ Life will go on even if I eat way too many cheesy poofs

~ food is even more delicious since I actually slow down to eat instead of inhaling my meals

~ I no longer feel like I have to be the funny, loud fat girl for people to like me. They genuinely like me just for me.

~ I had to be willing to let my walls come down to let people in, and let myself out.

~ Not having the mask of obesity to hide behind is a vulnerable position to be in sometimes

~ I love that I turn heads because of how I look, not at because of how huge I am.

~ No one can take away my joy unless I allow it.

~ I'm looking forward to holding our baby (no I'm not pregnant yet)

~ I'm petrified of being a new mother aagain, but I'm excited that I'm not going to have to deal with obesity and pregnancy simultaneously.

~ Life is what I make of it, and right now I'm making up for a lot of lost time that I spent always thinking about food and my next meal, and being miserable because of my weight.

John's squadron is holding a joint SF Spring semi-formal ball on May 14th. We're expecting close to 400 people to be in attendance. I went dress shopping this last weekend, and today I finished off the shopping with shoes, accessories and little bolero/shrug for my arms. I'm ecstatic as this is my first formal military event ever, hell it's my first formal event since my high school prom. Least to say, I am so very much in love with my dress, and can not wait to dance the night away in the arms of my love.

The obligatory before pic: 270lbs

24200_359686426417_744801417_5178200_5607898_n.jpg

24200_359663041417_744801417_5178148_8185821_n.jpg

Here's the dress: Completely ignore my hair, I just pulled it back for picture purposes. 123lbs

30314_421856511417_744801417_5657734_3599835_n.jpg

30544_421857366417_744801417_5657752_5532859_n.jpg

I bought black strappy, open-toe heels with some shiny rhinestones on the toeline. Adorable ! ! !

Life is fabulous. . . If you are a new pre-op, and you think you can't do this, scroll back up, you can if I can. If you're on the journey, and you're wondering if you'll ever get there, you will, don't give up on yourself. If you're contemplating the sleeve, stop thinking, and do it. If you are in a stall, and you are ready to give up, don't let a little speed bump become a road block. The stall will break, and you will be successful.

It's not always easy, but it's so worth it, it's worth it all ! ! !

YOU look FAB-U-LOUS. And are a fountain of information and a great guide for us newbies.

PS How tall are you?

Tiffy darlin, you look more beautiful every time you post a new updated picture. You really do radiate on the outside how fabulous and happy you feel on the inside. I'm so glad that your Sleeve has helped you to be all that you want to be.

Have a fabulous night at the party and revel in how far you've come.

Thank you all so very much. This is a truly a life changing experience. I kind of feel like I learn something new every day. It's had it's ups and downs, and I'm honestly grateful for each of them.

I know that I could not have made it this far, and learned as much as I have without all of you in my corner, supporting me when I didn't think I could do it anymore, and truly being my biggest cheerleaders.

Many may not understand it, but as a military spouse, we tend to meet a lot of people, have tons of acquaintances, but we make very few solid, long term friendships. We move so much, we see different people and families come and go so fast some times that we rarely have the chance to share as much of our lives that I have been able to share with my VST family.

I can't express to y'all just how much the continued support, encouragement, and love that y'all have given me over the last months means to me. I don't get this kind of support from my own family so this site, and y'all are a blessing in my life.

Many thanks ! ! !

Tiffy, you are just beautiful! I bet you will feel just like Cinderella at the ball! And the best part is, you will still be a beautiful princess after the clock strikes twelve!!!

Oh, one more thing!!! I totally notice that you did not just choose a little black dress which is one way I tend to minimize my size right now.... You are WEARING COLOR!!! Just beautiful!

I literally searched for almost 3 hours, I called over 10 consignment and formal wear stores, bridal shops etc, in attempts to find a purple/magenta/greenish color bolero/satiny shrug to wear with this dress because I absolutely hate to wear black.

I would say almost 85% of my old wardrobe was black, charcoal grey or dark brown. I love to wear color now, and while black is a staple in any woman's wardrobe, I refuse to let it dominate the closet anymore.

Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments. You can and will get to your goal with the sleeve.

YOU look FAB-U-LOUS. And are a fountain of information and a great guide for us newbies.

PS How tall are you?

Thank you much. I'm 5'2" short LOL.

Well done Tiff. I am now 12 months out, I am working on now putting on some more weight , I have lost a little too much now. You are looking so great, I don't get on here much anymore, but wanted to say well done!

Fab story and beautiful picture of you in your new dress! You'll knock 'em for 6!!

Congrats

Kathy

All I can say is WOW! I'm sitting here looking at all of my surgery info and getting a little overwhelmed and trying to understand all of this liquid intake......then I see your post. You are so motivating and amazing. Thank you for you and have a fantastic time at your ball!