Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no loss for almost 2 weeks, help please...

Achopp ~ even if you have to pay back the money yourself, it will be worth it. Had $12k been my only choice, I still would have done it. Seriously. It is only money and you can't take it with you. I know it is a tough economy and money is short for alot of people. We own a business very affected by the past two years AND I am a Broker/Realtor. We have downsized alot during this time.

Mini ~ I am also having a hard time getting movitated to exercise. I do have PT twice a week, and it isn't much but it is making me stronger. I am starting to feel like running again, so that is good : )

I am currently up a pound since last Friday when I was so excited to finally lose a couple. However, the Levi's fit and I am celebrating that.

I definitely agree with the "raise" the calories for a few days. Need to shake up the metabolism.

Hang in there. I absolutely know that I could not have lost over 30 pounds in 2 months without this surgery.

Edited by pnw218

Well my Emotional Rollercoaster has stopped. I got my staples out and I saw the Dr. He said i was losing weight really good and that my progress was "above average". I began at 289 , now I am 261. WOW... Its been exactly 2 weeks today. He wants me to walk as much as I can. He hasnt approved me for swimming yet. No lifting over 10lbs. Stay on current diet of pureed foods for now. My next check up is in 3 weeks and I should have soft "regular " foods then. Overall I feel GREAT!:lol0: I have not taken any medication this week. I was taking 20+ pills a day , just to live. ( High blood pressure and more.) No c-pap machine since surgery or sleep Apnea. He said that is gone. So many positive things that I am so grateful that i had the courage to do it. I have more energy and I walked a 1 hour with my dog , mylo:001_cool:. He was looking at me like "stop showing off" LOL. He got tired before me. LOL:lol0: I would advise everyone to give it time and follow the rules and the weight will come off and stay off. Mix up your food routine a little and you have to excercise. I can finally say that it is working for me. i'm ready to go on a real rollecoaster. I feel like going to Busch Gardens. I only live 1 hour away. I can fit in the seat now. :lol0: I think!!! anyway Good luck everyone.

weight.png

Edited by kymmi12
ticker

congrats Kimmi!

that is awesome news!! sounds like you are on the right track!:redface1:

My personal opinion is that we have spent most of our lives wrapped up in numbers. I'm as guilty as the next.

Before the surgery, I said I wasn't going to let that happen again, BUT...I find that I started getting that way from my 2 week post op visit with my Dr. I love him dearly, but I find myself getting caught up in the goals he has set for me. I figured out that he wants me lose 5 lbs a week. I have only lost 4 since last weeks visit, and started freaking out !!! How ridiculous of me !!!

The scale is still not my friend.....because I want to step on it every day....and if it isn't doing what I think it should, I get all weepy. Silly silly me...I have lost and I'm going to continue to lose, but those old haunts of being a failure are trying to get me down again.

I'm glad that you posted this, it makes me realize how we get wrapped up in numbers, rather than the positives that we now have available to us.

Thank you for making me stop and think...rather than freak out like in the past.

VSG 4/7/2010

Beginning weight: 362

Surgery weight: 349

Todays weight: 326:thumbup:

It's funny... funny weird. I weighed when I got home from the hospital and was UP 4 lbs. And I thought that was very strange because I got rid of the band and that should have weighed something, right? Well I weighed a while ago (the next day) and I'm down like 8 lbs. So I have a sneaking suspicion that the scale isn't going to be something we can rely on in this process.

I've spent a lifetime nearly jumping on the scale to see what how I'm doing and I think that might have been my biggest mistake from the beginning. I know my metabolism was wrecked from years of serial dieting. I got to the point where I couldn't lose weight even if I fasted. So my body is so used to hanging on to every calorie I take in, it's going to take a while for it to figure this one out.

The thing that gives me hope that this is going to work is that I haven't read any posts of people who haven't been able to lose weight with the sleeve. Am I just being naive?? Have I only read what I wanted to read?

Sometimes it seems just impossible that I could be thin. Its hard to believe that this time next year I will be sliping into a size 8. I have believed this so many other times... so many diets and miracle cures... its hard to really believe its true. I kep looking for the evidence to support my theory that there is no hope for me.

WOW... what a defeatist attitude.

It'll happen this time!!!!

Stacy when did you begin to start feeling better? I'm only 3 days out from having surgery but at the moment, it seems like it will be forever before I can have food again. I see that tomorrow I can have V8 juice and I'm pretty pumped about that.

What are you existing on right now?

Hang in there!!! It really does happen that you start to feel good about life. And do measurements of yourself now, don't let the scale be the thing that makes or breaks a day or that affects the way you behave with food. There are a million factors that go into a small increase or a small decrease so it really can't be the decider for you!

This isn't something to worry about - 20 to 30 lbs loss is about the amount most people stall, I know I have (not from surgery, but in my own weight loss attempts) and it's simply because your body is changing so quickly, and it needs a little time to adjust. Especially with surgery because it's so much change so fast. It would be impossible to just go down down down without ever having plateaus. At 2 weeks, you are definitely close to starting to go down again. Usually 2-3 weeks is enough for your body to adjust. At that point if it still doesn't try changing your typical diet up or just going for some short walks - something to wake your body up again. But my guess is truly it will start moving on it's own again.

These plateaus are your body's way of adjusting - and it's actually a good thing - it will help with things like excess skin :tongue_smilie: Your body needs that time!

Stacy when did you begin to start feeling better? I'm only 3 days out from having surgery but at the moment, it seems like it will be forever before I can have food again. I see that tomorrow I can have V8 juice and I'm pretty pumped about that.

What are you existing on right now?

I was in the hospital for 2 days then at a hotel in Mex for 1 night. It wasn't till I got home.... day 4 that I started to feel okay. It got better every day... went for a small hike on day 6. My abdomen is still a little sore but thats about it. :tongue_smilie:

Stacy, you're a champ! Good job. Today I'm quite a bit less sore too. Still some swelling and tenderness where my port was.

Hope your recovery continues at the same rapid pace!