Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could this be ACID?

ACK... I've been hungry all day today. I get this terribly empty feeling like my stomach is a bottomless pit. For lunch I ate my 1/3 cup of food and it was definitely enough but then shortly (like minutes) after, I had that pit feeling again. It's not like OMG I need to eat but quite a strange feeling.

I did eat two clementine cuties yesterday (tiny tangerines). I wonder if that can be doing it? I've also had more Crystal Light in the last week than in previous weeks. Those are the only changes.

I have been throwing up a little more than usual. Today after lunch I took my Multi Vitamin and barfed it back up. Gross... sorry.

I take a 40 mg Protonix when I wake up in the morning and 1 an hour before eating dinner.

After my lap band surgery when I was only liquids only I reached a stage where I had that very uneasy odd feeling that you're talking about. Not exactly starving hungry but empty and feeling like you need to put something in there to make you feel better. I called the nutritionist and asked if I had developed a problem with the Protein powder (which was about all I was eating.) She said that it was something that would pass but I didn't really believe her. But it actually did go away pretty quickly and it didn't come back. Thank goodness.

What is Protonix and what does it do for you?

Hello BJean!

Protonix is an acid blocker/inhibitor. Most of us end up on them after VSG, at least for awhile.

It's the strangest empty feeling, isn't it?

Hi right back, Lee!

Ok on the protonix. I'll get my head wrapped around that possibility.

The best word I can think of to describe that feeling is - HOLLOW!

Hollow is a great word!

I have had at least one 'hungry all day' day. I had stomach issues prior to surgery and have been taking prilosec for about 5 years. So, to me, the hungry wasn't like an acid feeling - if I am comparing it to the burn I have had previously. I do avoid spicy and citrus tho. And straight alcohol. Except for lemoncello : ) And I think I have only had one or two sips of LC in 7 weeks! : (

That's a little sad. :-) I don't drink a lot but if I can't drink at all I'll be a little disappointed. I've read that people can get really looped on one drink. I'm a cheap drunk so that probably means I will need to completely steer clear of alcohol.

Good luck on your trip to Mexico. I hope you get some definitive answers to the questions you have.

Hollow describes exactly what I've felt all day. It's so darn strange. I had more carbs yesterday so was going back to mostly Protein today and ate 4 small meals for a total of 521 calories today. I need to get the scale moving again, but I also need to figure out what's making this Hollow feeling inside me. I've never had stomach problems (except fat). No reflux or acid or anything else so this is completely foreign to me. I actually wondered if my blood sugars dropped or something except it didn't get better after eating.

Not a happy camper about it but hopefully it will be gone tomorrow. If it's not I'll email my surgeon and see what he says.

Thanks for helping me!

That's a little sad. :-) I don't drink a lot but if I can't drink at all I'll be a little disappointed. I've read that people can get really looped on one drink. I'm a cheap drunk so that probably means I will need to completely steer clear of alcohol.

QUOTE]

Yes! You will forever be a cheap date and a cheap drunk! It is one of our badges of honor! It doesn't mean you can't still order the expensive lobster, it just means you will get several meals out of it! :biggrin2:

I have had a little margarita and sangria. I didn't drink enough of the margarita to even get loopy, but I did on the sangria. Maybe 1/4 cup??

Several people have posted that they do drink without issues. You may be fine.

I haven't tried alcohol since surgery. I was never much of a drinker. An occasional glass of wine when out to dinner, so I don't miss the alcohol. So, i have no stories to report on how drunk or not drunk post-op.

I'm a little worried about the "Hollow" feeling....I'm MEAN when I'm hungry!

KZol, this has only been for one day. It may not rear it's ugly little head again. I have no clue what was going on yesterday but I'm hoping not to feel it again today.

Lee I hope today is lots better. That is such an odd feeling and so unpleasant. If I remember correctly it only lasted a day or two for me. Who knows, maybe it is something that sleeve patients get on a regular basis. I guess I could get used to it and just try to ignore it.

Anyway, hope you're feeling fine now!

pnw218, I'll keep you posted if I eventually try some alcohol. I'll probably post something if I'm feeling no pain 'cause I usually think things like that are pretty funny at the time. What a goof ball.