Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woohooo... losing again!

Thanks Lee! Your posts always mean a lot to me, I'm sorry the journey hasn't been what you planned, but atleast you are always headed in the right direction. I actually decided I couldn't have access to the scale so I had my friend hide the scale and I am just gonna weigh at the first of every month! Lets see if I can handle it. Thanks for your positivity!

Anna

I think I'm getting rid of my scale too. I have been a slave to that thing for too long and I have been known to use the numbers to sabatoge my success.

I really want a new life. Free from the scale at last. I will trust that with the sleeve and a low carb lifestyle eveything will be as it should be.

:thumbup:

It' weird, I wonder what I will obsess about

take care

stacey

Lee ~ a lift is a wonderful thing! LOL I remember a girfriend telling me many years ago when we were in our 20's, after having two kids, that she had reconsidered what was a realistic weight and shape. I think it was just her excuse for not losing weight. It is funny that I would remember that 25 years later when I was considering WLS. When I saw many people older than me having surgery, it certainly made me feel comfortable that it wasn't too late for me to make a big change.

Fab ~ dang girl! I am gonna have to wait awhile before meeting you for lunch! I need to be in those tight fitting clothes too! LOL

I did keep some of the shirts that I can belt later and show off the newer, improved curves! :thumbup:

Hey Lee

I had a mastectomy, a breast reduction and lift, my girls definatly know which way is up!! I really wish I would not have had so much taken off, but all is well!! They are perky!

Bernadette, I'm so excited that you're wearing tight jeans and a Tshirt. I love that you've decided to flaunt it all! You go girl.

As far as those other girls are concerned, the only thing that matters right now is that you're healthy. You have a great attitude and perky girls don't hurt either. :thumbup:

:smile1:

It' weird, I wonder what I will obsess about

take care

stacey

uh, Stacey .... you will be obsessing about all of the new, cute, hot clothes you are buying!!! :thumbup:

PNW, don't wait, you just start flaunting it all right now! At 59 I think the surgery is the best decision I've ever made. I wish my doctor had recommended it ten years ago!

Stacey, we can always find something to obsess about! Have no fear, we can help you with your list if you need help. :thumbup:

Right now I'm obsessing about the gym, but I ran out of excuses so I'm going to go hop on the treadmill for a bit.

Hey girls!!

Just wanted to say that wearing "fitted" clothes has been very hard on me!! My niece has bypass on the 15th of March and her mom (my sister) had not seen me in 6 months said OMG I can't believe how much weight you have lost! Okay fast forwad to that evening, my sister, her other daughter and a few other people got together. I wore a VERY fitted t-shirt and my levi's, I usually wear my baggy levi's and a baggy shirt. My sister was like OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! She could not believe the transformation by just what I had on! I'm so used to wearing loose baggy stuff to hide the fat, that I have a tough time wearing fitted stuff!. So I gues the moral of the story is "flaunt it is you got it" HA LOL

funny i was thinking about this exact thing today. I feel so much more comfortable in my bigger clothes! I need to embrace a smaller size!

Has anybody noticed a correlation between how they ate before surgery and how fast the lost afterward? My stomach is pretty small (on the INSIDE) already--nothing like the sleeve, of course, but I tend to eat small portions. I am expecting slower weight loss and I'm OK with it...as long as it comes OFF!

KZol, I was a very healthy eater pre-op. Rarely ate sugar or any white carbs. Ate very low carb. Always small portions. dinner out was always a shared entree or a shared appetizer and salad but rarely an entree shared if there was an appetizer. One glass of wine about 4 times a year. Never soda or junk food. Rarely a dessert. Mostly organic foods. My splurges were with fresh fruit and big salads.

I've been thinking it's more my age that has me losing slower than the young folks, but maybe it has something to do with how we ate pre-op as well. I'll be interested to see what people say.

I don't know if there is a correlation or not. My preop life consisted of drinking diet cokes and no food til about 3 pm, then eating a high fat high carb meal that filled me up the rest of the day, had minimial nutritive value and still maintained my weight at 300 lbs for a couple years. Eating three times a day is really still an adjustment for me, and as I track my nutrients I am actually far better nourished at 300-600 calories a day than I was at 3000.

Historically, my weight has really jumped around seemingly without much "input" from me....I'd pile on 20 lbs here and keep it for a year and then suddenly drop 20 lbs in a month for NO reason, but the general trend was up a little every year. My eating habits have generally been WORST when I was thinnest....probably because I thought it was "okay". My most severe and most recent weight gain was different, however, because I started taking meds that made me hungry all the time--so yes, still small portions, but LOTS OF THEM.

I'm looking forward to the sleeve, got the hubby on board, trying to choose a surgeon, and trying to MANAGE my expectations. If I expect to lose 10 lbs a week I will be let down and make bad choices if it doesn't happen.

I'm always curious about how people lose at different rates. Today I'm starting my 7th week post-op (Wednesday 2/17 surgery).

I was on a 1200 calorie diet pre-op and had to be at 230 on surgery morning or I'd be sent home. I've been eating low-carb both pre-op and post-op (30 carbs or less a day).

Week 1 - 7.4

Week 2 - 5.8

Week 3 - 2.2

Week 4 - 2.8

Week 5 - .6

Week 6 - .4

Week 7 - 3 pounds - so happy to be losing again!

So if you think you're the slowest loser, forget it! There's always someone slower or faster than you. Keep a positive attitude and be grateful for having this great tool.

I love the way my body is reshaping. Everything looks the same, just smaller. :(

Thank you for posting this! I've been discouraged, off and on, with my weightloss. I think the mind-game we go through has a lot to do with us losing so fast at first, and the inevitable slowdown. I finally broke below 180 this past week, and that made me happy, but then the next day, I was back up to 180? AH! :thumbup: Today, back to 179. I have to keep telling myself this is a process, and to be patient with myself. I just hope this sluggish losing isn't a long-term trend for me...

Best to all! :smile:

Wow your doing great. BIG SIGH, with a little smile,,,,, I CANT WAIT for my surgery.

Hi Curves, welcome to VST. This is a great forum. I be you're going to be so darn happy with your revision!

KZol, I think that having expectations can be really difficult. I read about so many people dropping 20 pounds a month and then I look at myself and want to compare but that's dangerous. Doing WW perfectly I'd drop 1 pound a month and the leaders were sure I was lying. Doing perfect Atkins I'd drop 10 pounds a year when others shed 100. I know my body which is why I had the WLS so that at least if it came off, it most likely would stay off if I stick to Protein first for the rest of my life.

I think that there are so many factors like metabolism, age, previous history. But what I know for certain is that a positive attitude, program compliance and a healthy expectation can really make this work. I just keep visualizing myself in that little black dress at the end of the journey.

Youknowit, let's really Celebrate the fact that you're out of the 180's forever! That must feel incredible to you! We're both going to get to our goals but the journey might not look like how we imagined. I think I'm going to learn a lot about patience and healthy expectations along the way. I haven't been under 189 in over 30 years. I'm excited to see what my body does and how I feel. I already have so much more energy when I'm out walking. How does it feel to be 179? :o