Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kind of scale do you have? Is it accurate?

I have an old Tanita scale. It seems to measure my weight consistently. However it also measures bodyfat and that number varies all over the place. I'm thinking of buying a new scale and am wondering if anyone has a really good one?

I have had all kinds of scales. The most expensive one was $120.00

The one I bought from Wal-Mart was $19.99 and it came with the Denise Austin work out CD. It is VERY accurate. In fact it is digital like the one in my Doctor's office and it matches his every time! It even matches the digital scale they use on the cardiac floor at the hospital where I work. Oh and it also measures body fat percentage and Water hydration.

Just a Soehnle digital one - but no matter what scale I have it is ALWAYS 2 kg or so lighter than everywhere else - doctors, obstetrician, Weight Watchers, wherever I happen to be weighed outside of home. We're built on a concrete slab and the scales are on the tiles so I actually think mine is likely to be more accurate as the floors are exactly plumb etc.

We have a Health-o-Meter too. I think we paid about $30 for ours.

It is always consistent and always within two pounds of my Dr's scales. At home I weigh nekkid, so I figure the added two pounds at the Dr's are my clothes. I take off my shoes, coat, anything that I can remove without embarassment. hehe

I needed a new scale and someone here suggested the XL440 that actually talks and measures your weight to the tenth of a pound. It should arrive in 4-5 days and was $49.50.

I think it says, "Get off... you're killing me." LOL

i have one that goes up to 300, I'm about 310 now. Every time I step on it, it says ERR. Nothing like a feel good moment. Thats oaky my surgery's in july.

I have a "Thinner" scale. I have had it for about 3 years now and it is very accurate with my physician's office. It measures down to the 10th. It does not talk, but if it said any of the things those other scales said, I would definitely throw it out the window.

Has anyone else had to buy new scales because they had a big tantrum and threw the blasted things away (and didnt calm down soon enough to get them out of the bin before the garbage men came)? I've done that 3 times now.

Doug would get home from work and say "where's the scales" and I'd say "I threw the bloody things out" and he'd just shrug, lol.

I have a tanita myself and love it. It's very accurate. It has settings for myself, my DH and guests. Settings for male, female, age, height etc have to be put into the scale first.

The think about the body fat scales is that they depend on you being hydrated, and if you hydration levels are different when you weigh, that can change it. I don't know how it works exactly..

We have the same type of scale they use in the doctors office. It's called a Health o meter and it is one of the tall ones. It is very accurate.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches