Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aceves patient's...HELP!

Hi, I was just turned onto this site today during my trip to Mexicali for my procedure tomorrow. I am not fake nor are my two other sisters who have had the procedure.

Anyhow, you know what you need to do and be strong. Sorry to hear you do not have your family backing you.

Good Luck!

Hi, I was just turned onto this site today during my trip to Mexicali for my procedure tomorrow.

I will see you their! I am driving down tomorrow for my procedure Saturday! I'll look for you! I will be the chubby girl with red / brown hair! Their is another member from here that is having her procedure done Friday. Good Luck to you!

T

I'm Tracy!

Is their any damage from the earthquake?

Hi Dalisgirl,

I believe that you will have the surgery when the time is right. There have been many things in my life that I've needed to get a running start at. You sound like you are comitted to having it done.... it's just a matter of when and how. The Journey is part of the cure.

FYI I used surgeryloands.com to finance.

take care and keep posting.

Stacey

Wow, I am terrified of telling my family for exactly this reason. I don't want them to think I'm losing my mind for wanting to go to Mexico. People who don't do their research have no clue as to how it is over there. Try showing them the hospitals website and videos on youtube so they get a better picture of where you will be. You mother will be a mother again if you lose you life to an obesity related disease. Has she thought about that? Hopefully someone will support your decision. It's nice to have online support (us!) but it's also important to have the support of family. If not, so be it! Do what you need to do for your health!

Hi LapGyrl...I will have to check out your YouTube blog. I have rescheduled my surgery for Mexicali and I will be sleeved on Thurs 4-29-10. YEAH! My mom is finally starting to come around a little bit. Thank God. She still doesn't think I should go, but at least we are now able to talk without arguing and tears. I think what really helped is that I put her on the phone with one of Dr. Aceves' patients to help her understand the procedure better.

Oh no, I don't have any videos of the hospital on my channel but I can send you the link to some other people who do. I'm not planning to go until the end of the summer. Good to hear your mom is coming around!

Yea Dalisgirl. Your gonna get sleeved.

I am 4 days out and had a moment this morning when I thought I had better tell my family. My mother will worry if I get thin and my niece is getting married in 8 weeks and I will spend 4 days at a big gathering at my moms house. Everyones going to wonder why I am eating like a bird. They are used to watching me pack it in at these occasions. I figured I would tell one sister and see how it goes. Then move up from there.

Then... this afternoon I decided not to. I have to tell myself I am a grownup and am free to live my life how I want, but I don't want to feel like i'm lying for the rest of my life.

I don't know. I don't think its going to go over very well.

I'm so happy to hear youll have a new date.

take care

stacey

Hey Stcyt,

Well the biggest worry for your family is already over, you're already sleeved and you're alive! So, I think with my situation, my mom's biggest fear is *Mexico* and surviving surgery. I have told my daughter and my mom. I'm not telling anyone else. After I start losing and the questions start rolling in, I am going to be honest, but not go into detail. Just say, I had surgery. If they are struggling with weight, I will answer as many questions as they have so I can perhaps help them with their own WLS decision. Skinny Minnies, I'll keep the details to a bare minimum.

Hey Stcyt,

Well the biggest worry for your family is already over, you're already sleeved and you're alive! So, I think with my situation, my mom's biggest fear is *Mexico* and surviving surgery. I have told my daughter and my mom. I'm not telling anyone else. After I start losing and the questions start rolling in, I am going to be honest, but not go into detail. Just say, I had surgery. If they are struggling with weight, I will answer as many questions as they have so I can perhaps help them with their own WLS decision. Skinny Minnies, I'll keep the details to a bare minimum.

One of the main reasons I didn't tell anyone before the surgery is because I didn't want anyone to worry and I didn't want any negative comments. For most people, I waited until I was down about 20 pounds and had positive news to share. Also, they could see that I was upright and still breathing! LOL

Dalisgirl, I hear you on the being honest thing. At first I thought I would just tell people I was really focusing on my diet but after a little reflection I realized that that is kind of cruel. Its fine for skinney minnies but its just another nail in the failure coffin for people that struggle. I think I will have to be a little more straight forward with them and just ask for discretion. I have 2 sisters. One skinney minnie and one who's struggle has been even worse than mine. My family is not good at keeping secrets so I suppose it will come out some time.

I like the pnw approach of waiting till there's good news.

Stacey

Dalisgirl, I totally understand. When I told my husband I wanted to go to Mexico to get VSG he called me "crazy" and asked if it was a "joke." To me, it's just irrationality and allowing prejudices to get in the way of logical research.

We're both going to get sleeved, and we're both going to be HOT! Just you wait...

I got the same response from the few family members that I told. They automatically think Mexico and get an image of a run down clinic with dirty tools and sloppy work w/lots of corner cutting from an underqualified doctor. It is quiet the opposite in reality. Yes, there are a lot of bad doctors who will cut corners and not do things as they should but there are also a lot of great ones like Dr. Aceves. I completely fell in love with him as a doctor, his staff, and the hospital he performs the surgery in. They are very professional, do everything by the book, and are very attentive. You get your own private room and have the doctor's checking in on you daily which doesn't happen here in the US. I arrived early and they still went ahead and got me started on my pre-op exams. Doctor had private consultations with my family to ease their nerves. He took the time and he cared. I was very happy with my experience and very impressed. Its normal for your family to have concerns but I think they are judging before doing their research. When my family became vocal about my decision I quiet them by making sure that they understood that I was not looking for approval and I was simply informing them and then I gave them all the data that I had collected that helped me make my decision. They eventually stopped pressing the issue.

I am not paid by Dr. Aceves office, am not a recruiter/coordinator, do not get any sort of commission or any perks. I am just a regular person who came across a great doctor and wants to share it with others who are considering going to Mexico. If you plan to cross the border I think Dr. Aceves is one of the best doctor choices. You won't regret it. I can put my money on it. :001_smile:

well well well...after wanting weight loss surgery for 8 years, going to several US seminars, coming up with various scenarios for how to pay for it, cancelling out on Mexico TWICE....I am FINALLY SLEEVED!! Hip Hip Hooray! Lol...AHAHAHAHHA! I am in Mexicali RIGHT NOW. Hospital is fantastic. Nurses are superb and Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos are great. I am so glad I came. I had to travel by myself, but I did it and I am alive to talk about it.