Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whoaaaaaaa... Locking threads at will?

I'm new to the forum. I'm thinking about having Lap-Band surgery. Right now I'm in the research stage. I've enjoyed reading through this thread tonite though...very interesting. Sort of sounds like a soap opera!

:confused: :rolleyes:

Hiya Divamsm, welcome to LBT!

We do try to keep things interesting around here. And sometimes we even succeed. Welcome to the family! And let me hook you up with some other threads and sites about the band that will be helpful.

Surgery Video and Q&A:

This is a recorded Web Cast of a Lap Band surgery. The surgeons provide a lot of basic information and answer a LOT of questions from the viewers. The video shows the placement of the lap band via laparoscopic camera and also shows the positioning and attachment of the port. It's not gory at all, but it is surgery so watch with caution: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3190472028990485080&q=lap+band

Questions to ask your Dr before getting banded:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15595

P'Nut - the first link isn't working it seems.........the questions link is awesome! would you bump it please if you can (I have no idea how - I can bump many a thing but not threads lol)

Holy smokes! Geezer, get off those pills.. pronto!

I'm off of them now. One day off. But my surgeon told me not to expect the side effects to go away immediately.

They beat the stuffing out of having to use a walker and being unable to get up off the toilet...which is where I was two weeks ago. But they DO extract their price.

The manic feeding frenzy thing is irritating, even when I'm sitting here alone.

i'll bring the ice cream, and provide the sprinkler heads, you guys bring the hoses, and we will have a summer party in my backyard. we'll put Rob in a speedo and a apron, and he can bbq us all the most dangerous meats we can come up with. we'll do a whole chew and spit thing for the flavor. but i suggest we just totally put away the ice cream like we were making money doin it. :confused:

Was I ever surprised to see that report! Vines, I'm thrilled for ya! Although Im sure the loss is due to stress and worry rather than ice cream. Dont be giving these freaks any encouragement. *laughs*

That is great news tho. Very happy to hear it!

Way to go Vines!

I know this loss means a lot to you.... YAHOOOOOO!!

CON GRAT'S!

Ice Cream.... YUM!!!

Was I ever surprised to see that report! Vines, I'm thrilled for ya! Although Im sure the loss is due to stress and worry rather than ice cream. Dont be giving these freaks any encouragement. *laughs*

Nope, it's the ice cream. It's miracle stuff, I tells ya!!

Congratulations, darling Vines! I hope these five stay away and that many more of their friends follow suit. :hug:

Well, this last week I've been eating more ice cream than usual, and I've lost 5 pounds...

Could it be? The Ice Cream Diet. Why didn't someone tell me this earlier?:bandit

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches