Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who has successfully made it..?

For those who finally reached their goal weight, and been enjoying the outcome of that so far. Are u considering going for a cosematic procedure? and do you think its necessary?

I will have a Tummy Tuck and breast augmentation without a doubt. I am also looking into Botox for my neck, and crows feet around my eyes. I would love to have a brow lift done, but that's related to my WLS. None of it will transpire for at least another 2 years as we are planning on having a baby.

I will not do the lower body lift, or butt lift or have anything done to my arms. I wouldn't mind having the fat from my stomach transplanted to my butt if that is possible. But, I'm also not too overly bothered by anything right now except for the lack of boobs. I miss my big, round, semi-perky boobs that being fat gave me. Now, I have very saggy, deflated Water balloons for boobs. A good push up bra helps, but they look pretty pathetic without a bra.

Plastic surgery is a very personal decision, and while I don't feel it's necessary for me to feel good about myself, or feel 100% complete. It's something that I can afford, and have the freedom of having done by choice. It's not a necessity at this point, but I can see the lack of boobage really start to weigh on me in a couple of years.

I am already stressing on the boobs and surgery is still twelve days away. I will be getting those done for sure I love boobs and I already know any shrinkage will be mourned by me so I say It Aint Going Down Like That! Lol

My skin is not bad at all for someone who has lost over 100 lbs.

My boobs are pretty non existant.I'd love to have plastics to get some, but not bad enough to spend what it would cost.

Mom always told me to 'marry a leg man' because I never had much on top. Still don't, even as heavy as I am. I figure if I look good in clothes and my hubby has been around me for the last 33 years, through thick and thin, then I will just forgo another surgery. One semi-elective surgery was enough for me.

Terrie

Oh I'm all over it. I'd lost most of my weight before my band broke. Now I'm sleeved and know I'll want plastic surgery when I'm a year out from when I reach goal. There's a great surgeon where I live who does weight loss patients almost exclusively and his work is great. I've had fat unattractive legs for so long, they were lean and lovely when I was a teenager. That's what I care about most because it means I can wear short skirts and shorts which I haven't been able to since my early 20s. So I'm planning on a leg lift, arm lift and neck lift. I'm not sure about a Tummy Tuck or boobs - I have too many scars for a bikini and since I can make those areas look good with clothes or undergarments I think I'll be fine focusing on the parts people can see.

Britt

Hmmmmmm. I dont think it has to be "necessary" but something that means somethng to you personally. If you can afford it, then why not?

I reached goal weight 2 and a half years ago and have maintained it ever since. I got out of this weight loss thing VERY lightly, I dont have a lot of loose skin, certainly never had a hanging belly in the first place. I have a flat stomach now and can wear a bikini, but I am a little "loose" skin wise, its just all a little more flabby than I'd like, particularly my backside.

I wont be considering plastic surgery for that. If I was 20 I might, but I'm 43, and I can elect to cover up more if I feel I have to without losing my dignity, I mean, nobody really wants to see mutton dressed as lamb anyway, lol. I have small problem zones that I'd really only ahve to be in a swimsuit for anyone to notice. The scarring from a lower body lift (because the back of me is more problematic than the front) and the awful recovery are no way worth it for the problem I have.

My boobs are pretty wrecked, I am tempted to get work done on those. But even that I'm not sure of.

I dont know, I suspect PS is nowhere near as common in Australia as it is in the US, in my circle anyway, my family and friends would be horrified that I'd risk surgery for something like that and I dont personally know anyone who's had any cosmetic surgery.

My face I wont touch. I just dont believe in it and I dont like the look that botox, fillers and facelifts give. I'm more than happy to grow old gracefully, and I'd like my face to tell the story of that. I dont judge others for doing it, but its not for me.

its all academic anyway. I'm too tight to spend the money on something that I consider is for pure vanity. We're in the thick of teenage children, needing bigger houses, paying for their education etc and I cannot imagine how selfish I'd feel bagging so much money for something really so unnecessary.

But lest I offend anyone, that's all really easy for me to say as I dont have much of a problem to begin with. I'd feel VERY differently if my belly were flapping, then its not about just vanity. For me, that's all it would be though.

Edited by Jachut

For me it's also butt and legs. Funny so many people thought getting banded wasn't necessary for me because I could "hide" that. I originally had over 100 to lose but I could hide it with long skirts or slacks. I still have about 30 or more lbs to be where I think I can get without surgically removing the skin that won't shrink. I call my fanny issues "mudflaps." I'd like to have my thighs and flaps fixed when I reach goal-ish.

I'd love to have my arms done too. I can't wear short sleeves at all. I am worried about the scars though.

Can anyone who had a breast reduction and/or lift done prior to WLS comment on how their breasts have survived? I had a reduction and lift several years ago and they made it through pregnancy unscathed - but I didn't breast feed. Now, I'm wondering how they might look after the weight loss.

I plan on definitely getting a Tummy Tuck. The apron I have is very bad a noticeable. I've lost 74 pounds and still wear size 10 jeans because it's so large. I think I would be at least a size 8 or even a 6 without this apron. My breasts have deflated some but are still TOO BIG! I'm still in a DD from an H and I hate it! They sag but always kind of have been because of size. I'm thinking of a lift or slight reduction to a full C or D. BUT, until I pay of this surgery in 4 years I can't get anything done! but a "mommy makeover" is in my future!

I would like to get my boobs lifted, will look at the options next year. I have a saggy lower tummy too mostly from carrying twins to 37 weeks. I would like that gone. Ideally I would like a lower face lift and a bit of work round the eyes and I may get some botox for a persistent frown line. Wonder if I can get a wholesale deal???

Jane x

I am only a month out and I have to be honest... prior to surgery I was hell bent on having a boob job and a Tummy Tuck (here we call it a mommy lift).. Now, having had surgery to remove my gall bladder and WLS surgery, I am not sure if I want the stress of another surgery.

I am my worst enemy when it comes to worrying. When I went into surgery, I left goodbye letters to my kids and a laundry list of things to do/not do for my husband. Isn't that terrible? But, writing those letters is so emotional and it is such a roller coaster of emotions prior to surgery. I don't worry about the pain -- I have had two C-Sections in the past and did really well. BUT, somehow the anguish of the potential of complications or something going really wrong worries me to no end. So, I guess it all depends on whether I am really miserable looking at myself once I have lost all the weight.. I live in the SUNSHINE STATE so, going to the beach is a part of life.. So, I guess at this point only time will tell.:)

I made out a living will in case I ended up vegetabalised!!!

Jane x