Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanting to eat more?

So, I have been very good the past few weeks staying in the 600-800 calorie range, but it's been creeping up to closer to 800 the past week. First quesiton - should I be worried?

I'm having difficulty distinguishing between head and stomach hunger. I'm not craving things that are bad for me, just a little more of what I should/can be eating. I reached for 1 mini pretzel last night & my husband pointed out "Are you snacking?" Don't come down on him, I have specifically asked him to help me stay on track. But, I'm wondering, would one pretzel be ok every once in a while. It totally took care of my "urge" and I didn't want any more. Am I heading down a slippery slope if I do this?

At 7 weeks out, how much were you typically eating at one sitting? 2 ounces, 3 ounces, 4 ounces, etc?

I wouldn't worry if I were you: I'm now five months out and here are the statistics on how much I've eaten each month:

Month 1: 884 calories a day

Month 2: 850 "

Month 3: 899 "

Month 4: 1018 "

Month 5: 1234 "

I've still got about 30 pounds to lose but for me it has been a conscious decision to eat a little more and lose a little slower. After those 8-900 calorie a day months I was feeling like my brain simply wasn't getting the energy I need to do my job and now I'm feeling more alert. I will still lose the weight but it will be slower - but according to the caluclator I use about 1900 calories a day so it's still a deficit.

I'm 3 months out now and still keep my calories between 450 - 700 I just find the restriction too much to add anything more. . .i still do soft stuff and occasionally "sneak" in a melba toast or 3. . . love that stuff. . . i have "tried" stuff in the past, like cake, puked that bugger up never again. . .chocolate, hurt my tummy like H. . . never again. . .I do go out to eat, but always get a to go box. . .order Protein stuff so i'd eat 1 small bowl of refried Beans at the restaruant and take the chicken home which would last me about 2 - 3 days. . . I have ALOT of restriction, makes me wonder about the boughie size. . . had the OR report read to me and didn't really say anything about the size except one clause "28 F endoscope inserted" ????? ummmmm isn't that the boughie?????

I'm not as far out as you Mini. I just hit 6 weeks on Wednesday (2/17 surgery) and I average between 500 and 600 calories a day. Carbs generally 20 to 30. I have only let go of ONE pound in the last two weeks so I'm wondering if I should up my calories a bit to see what happens. I'm down from a 22 to 18 in pants with some of my 16's fitting me now, but that darn scale is stubborn.

Yep! The scales can be stubborn. I haven't hit a true stall yet, but the drops aren't as impressive as they first were. I've increased portions per time a bit and that has seemed to help with the head hunger. I'm sticking to around 800 calories (+/- 50 calories). I think we each have to figure out what works for us & when we hit a wall come out here & look for new ideas. Thanks for everyone's comments - they really do help.