Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dallas/Fort Worth Metro area meet-up details

Will you join us for an afternoon of fun at Northpark  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you join us for an afternoon of fun at Northpark

Okay, after much thought and discussion, I think we've figured out what's going on.

Date: April 3, 2010

Time: Noon

Place: NorthPark Mall

Directions/Map: coffee places, and shopping to enjoy.

NorthPark Center - The Premier Shopping and Dining Center in Dallas

I honestly can not wait to meet everyone. Unfortunately, I can not remember everyone's usernames that are from the Dallas area, so if anyone knows someone on this forum, please contact them and pass this information along to them.

There is also a movie theater if we wanna catch a flick.

Hi Tiffany

I really do need some help, I had the sleeve done Nov 09 and I have only lost 30 pounds. I am starting to get very depressed and I feel as though this isnt working for me. Yes I do workout on a regular and I eat Protein like its going out of style. I am wondering if my pouch is to big If thats a such thing. I feel like such a failure Is there a group that you can refer me to or give me some advice. Thanks alot

Hi Tiffany

I really do need some help, I had the sleeve done Nov 09 and I have only lost 30 pounds. I am starting to get very depressed and I feel as though this isnt working for me. Yes I do workout on a regular and I eat Protein like its going out of style. I am wondering if my pouch is to big If thats a such thing. I feel like such a failure Is there a group that you can refer me to or give me some advice. Thanks alot

Don't get discouraged.

Give me a little more info and we'll see if we can't get the scale moving again.

1) How many calories are consuming per day? Are you tracking your calories, carbs, Protein?

2) Are you lifting weights, doing cardio, what does your exercise regimen consist of at this point?

3) Are you getting in a minimum of 64ounces of clear fluids a day?

4) How much do you have to lose?

5) Do you have access to a nutritionist/dietician?

6) Did you take measurements pre-op, or before you started working? Are your clothes filling differently? You could be losing inches, and your body may just be holding onto the weight.

6) Are you waiting 30-45 minutes after eating to drink anything?

Get back with me, and we'll see what we can do. Sometimes, we have shake things up to get the scale moving.

Don't give up, I know stalls are frustrating, but you can do this, and we'll help you through it.

Thanks for the invitation Tiffany!! Y'all have a great time....hopefully you'll do this again some time, I'd love to meet you and some of the other girls! My daughter and I will be in town for my seminar ON SUNDAY, and I plan on a little shopping and maybe lunch at North Park Monday! We'll have just missed you! :) Take care and thanks again! Stacy

Don't get discouraged.

Give me a little more info and we'll see if we can't get the scale moving again.

1) How many calories are consuming per day? Are you tracking your calories, carbs, Protein?

2) Are you lifting weights, doing cardio, what does your exercise regimen consist of at this point?

3) Are you getting in a minimum of 64ounces of clear fluids a day?

4) How much do you have to lose?

5) Do you have access to a nutritionist/dietician?

6) Did you take measurements pre-op, or before you started working? Are your clothes filling differently? You could be losing inches, and your body may just be holding onto the weight.

6) Are you waiting 30-45 minutes after eating to drink anything?

Get back with me, and we'll see what we can do. Sometimes, we have shake things up to get the scale moving.

Don't give up, I know stalls are frustrating, but you can do this, and we'll help you through it.

Hi Tiff - hate that I missed the DFW meeting, but I was there right behind y'all. I met with Dr. Davidson, attended the seminar, I know all the staff, have all the pre-op instructions etc. I cannot wait. The countdown begins. Surgery is June 11th. The great news is my husband works for a company that has an office in Irving, we've been wanting to get back 'home' for a while now. He talked to his boss while I was in Dallas and has gotten the 'OK' to move to the Dallas office and work from there!!! Yippee! We are soooo excited....it will probably be 8 - 12 months for him to 'transition' everything and for us to sell the house, but we are headed south!! Did I understand that YOU are moving to the area as well? Are you originally from Texas too? Anyway, I'll be glad to be there where my doctor is.....will love going to the meetings etc. Hope y'all had fun at the get together!! Details!!!

Stacy

Hi Tiff - hate that I missed the DFW meeting, but I was there right behind y'all. I met with Dr. Davidson, attended the seminar, I know all the staff, have all the pre-op instructions etc. I cannot wait. The countdown begins. Surgery is June 11th. The great news is my husband works for a company that has an office in Irving, we've been wanting to get back 'home' for a while now. He talked to his boss while I was in Dallas and has gotten the 'OK' to move to the Dallas office and work from there!!! Yippee! We are soooo excited....it will probably be 8 - 12 months for him to 'transition' everything and for us to sell the house, but we are headed south!! Did I understand that YOU are moving to the area as well? Are you originally from Texas too? Anyway, I'll be glad to be there where my doctor is.....will love going to the meetings etc. Hope y'all had fun at the get together!! Details!!!

Stacy

That is all so exciting for y'all. I am originally from Texas. For most of my adult life I lived in Bedford, but grew up west of Fort Worth near Weatherford.

We could end up in Texas with my husband's career change, he'll definitely be in Texas for training at Lackland in San Antonio and we may come back to Texas for a few weeks while he is there depending on when his flight school dates get scheduled.

The likelihood of us ever getting stationed in Texas for an assignment is slim to none, but it could happen.

We come back to Texas usually twice a year so we'll definitely have to get together when all of our schedules allow.

Keep us posted on everything. I'm really happy for y'all, and for you to have the opportunity to move back to Texas.

That is all so exciting for y'all. I am originally from Texas. For most of my adult life I lived in Bedford, but grew up west of Fort Worth near Weatherford.

We could end up in Texas with my husband's career change, he'll definitely be in Texas for training at Lackland in San Antonio and we may come back to Texas for a few weeks while he is there depending on when his flight school dates get scheduled.

The likelihood of us ever getting stationed in Texas for an assignment is slim to none, but it could happen.

We come back to Texas usually twice a year so we'll definitely have to get together when all of our schedules allow.

Keep us posted on everything. I'm really happy for y'all, and for you to have the opportunity to move back to Texas.

Would be great if you DID end up in Texas....I was born @ Lackland AFB, my dad retired at Sheppard in Wichita Falls when I was in seventh grade, I was lucky, we moved there when I was in first grade, so that is where I grew up. When I got married, the first place we lived was Weatherford, then we moved to Mineral Wells for a little while before heading east to Henderson...a little town near Tyler. We were there for twenty years before leaving Texas. We've been gone for ten years now. It's time to go home! I'll keep you posted, would love to go some time when you arrange one of the get togethers, if we are living there! You are a real inspiration to me....and you always answer my questions...OH, I've started the vitimins already, as recommended by my doctor. I am sure they said to take the two multi vit. separately, is that correct?

Thanks...and have a great day!

Stacy

Would be great if you DID end up in Texas....I was born @ Lackland AFB, my dad retired at Sheppard in Wichita Falls when I was in seventh grade, I was lucky, we moved there when I was in first grade, so that is where I grew up. When I got married, the first place we lived was Weatherford, then we moved to Mineral Wells for a little while before heading east to Henderson...a little town near Tyler. We were there for twenty years before leaving Texas. We've been gone for ten years now. It's time to go home! I'll keep you posted, would love to go some time when you arrange one of the get togethers, if we are living there! You are a real inspiration to me....and you always answer my questions...OH, I've started the vitimins already, as recommended by my doctor. I am sure they said to take the two multi vit. separately, is that correct?

Thanks...and have a great day!

Stacy

That would be so awesome for us to get together. I take 2 multis, one in the mid-morning between my Breakfast and lunch then one after dinner.

You're gonna love the sleeve. We have Lackland and Tinker AFB down on our dream sheet, but we really aren't sure which plane he'll get assigned to until he gets through most of the schooling. I'm super stoked for his career move, and we're simply trying to avoid ending up in MD, Delaware, or California. Those are the 3 places I don't particularly want to live at this stage in our life.

That would be so awesome for us to get together. I take 2 multis, one in the mid-morning between my Breakfast and lunch then one after dinner.

You're gonna love the sleeve. We have Lackland and Tinker AFB down on our dream sheet, but we really aren't sure which plane he'll get assigned to until he gets through most of the schooling. I'm super stoked for his career move, and we're simply trying to avoid ending up in MD, Delaware, or California. Those are the 3 places I don't particularly want to live at this stage in our life.

You'd LOVE San Antonio!! I hope he'll get that assignment! My fingers will be crossed for you and I'll say a prayer!! When will you know, any idea??!! Good luck!!! Is your whole family in Texas? In-laws? I hate waiting....it's nerve wracking!!?

I am so excited about the sleeve. I made the decision back in Dec. and have been obsessivly reading up on it....and this forum has really helped a lot. I've learned so much! They want me to lose 15 - 20 lbs between now and June 11th, so hopefully that will not be difficult. I've started two Protein smoothies a day and am just eating a regular meal at night. I'll see how that goes. I've got two months, surely it will be plenty of time! It seems much easier than the two week pre-op diet. I guess living out of state has it's advantages! :) They let me do the pre-op meeting while I was there....and gave me all the instructions...I have a head start!

Thank you for the prayers. My entire family is in the D/FW and Weatherford area, the in-laws are in West Virginia.

With the military, as I'm sure you remember, it's the hurry up and wait game. We're hoping he gets a school date by the end of the month, and then he'll be training for about 6 - 8 months. We could end up back here, but we aren't sure. We chose all southern assignments, but it's all about where the AF needs to him to be.

We try not to get our hopes up on any specific assignment because it's just disappointment when something doesn't pan out. But, it doesn't keep me from hoping we get a good assignment.