Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home from Mexicali

I entered into the VSG world on Friday. :biggrin2: All went well. I was released yesterday morning. There was only one glitch. The chamomile tea gave me an asthma attack which required a couple of breathing treatments to get under control.

I had awful dreams last night so did not get much rest. Hopefully tonight is better.

I have almost no pain. Really just stiff and a tiny bit sore. The second day was awful but I expected that.

It's difficult to get comfortable the first week after surgery. Once the soreness eases you'll get some sleep. Take short naps (or long ones) as needed to be sure you get enough rest to continue healing.

Welcome to the sleever's side of weight loss!

Glad surgery went well, and you are home recovering. Since I'm a side sleeper, I crashed in my recliner for a couple of weeks. It was just easier to get in and out of the recliner. Walk, sip, rest and repeat.

Yeah...I remember that "being cold" thing too. Seemed like it took a couple weeks before my body temp regulated again..until then I used heating pads and long underwear...lol. Of course...it IS really cold in Indiana in December and January..(and February, March, April and part of May.)

Firefly, Welcome Home!

I am still cold! (sleeved on 1/25/10) I am usually HOT all the time, but since I was sleeved it seems it is tough to warm up! Glad to see you on this side! :)

The experiences with being cold is very odd to me. LuvMeBunches and I were warm - we kept the thermstat very low. I guess we're just a "little different". :)

I guess surgery does something to our temperature control system.

I feel kind of blah icky today. I am thinking of a shower and a nap.

Firefly, welcome to the losers bench. So glad everything went well. I was so cold for about two weeks after surgery, but it's getting much better now. I did have a few down days, but for the most part it's been pretty smooth change. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I napped off and on most of today. I took a shower and had to get in bed before I was all the way dry because I was so weak. I do feel better now that I have rested so much. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day. Thanks for the encouragement.

It looks to me like you are and will continue to do just fine. As for feeling cold? OMG since the surgery and I'm almost 5 months out--I am always cold, putting extra clothing on instead of raising the thermostat since the dry indoor heat is worse. When I go out of doors I wear gloves, and hat and make sure my neck area is covered. I'm seeing myself like a really geriatric person! God help me.