Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are threads about Dr. Almanza and Dr. Betancourt being deleted on this forum?

Truthfully, I've referred countless members here because I believed (note the PAST TENSE) that this forum is a wealth of knowledge and an honest support forum.

The credibility of this forum is being compromised because of "back room" politics, and it's a true shame.

How can one sleep at night knowing that so many issues have come up yet no one will know because the threads and even the members that started the threads are being deleted and removed from the forum.

Obviously, someone doesn't want the entire truth to get out. Why not allow people to post their personal experiences, and allow pre-op patients to base their choice of surgeon on their own observations and research?

It's shady, and while I realize forums are businesses, the shadiness, and unethical practices have gone far enough.

I'm sure this will be reported, and removed as well, but I'm sad to see this forum become a site that is not open for all to share the good, bad, and ugly of their own personal experiences.

Not all of us are sheep willing to follow any shepherd, and it's downright pathetic.

Tiffy, I expect they have been threatened with legal action and do not have the funds to respond. Sad really.

Tiffy,

I have a VERY good idea, but won't post it here... you want me to email you off-site, I'd be happy to do so... :001_tongue:

Hi could you email me too, have sent you a friend request. Cheers, Jane

Tiffykins,

Yes, I'm sure this thread will not be here long. I've been talking to alot of the "old timers" who don't post here anymore. You would be surprised at what I've learned!!!!!

Some of the "old timers" have been harassed at their workplace by the "wolves" for daring to post their fact based findings.

Yes, some of the "old timers" have been treatened with lawsuits but nothing has ever came of it as the "old timers" have been factual in what they have stated on this site.

I did notice the Secretgardens posting has been removed.

Honesty will be pushed to the way side when money is involved!!!!

I probably won't be able to post after today as I'm sure I too will be banned!!!!!! Don't really care though.

I sent ya a PM. Hope ya got it.

I would say to all who are reading that LIBEL can ONLY be proven when something someone says is untrue or unsubstantiated. Lawsuits for stating the truth... especially across an international border... that's a BIG joke.

And so, if I "disappear" from here as well, it's been nice knowing you all! xxoo :001_tongue:

Sent you a note, Jane. :001_smile:

Hi, nothing has come through yet. :001_tongue:

Is it because they have negative posts?? I read them and to be honest I was glad I did see them...Gotta get information some way..Will be looking for answer..thanks Tiff for noticing this..

D.

I can only speak for myself; however, as a moderator I have never deleted any threads or posts and would never do so - everyone is entitled to know the truth. However, apparently, someone doesn't believe that is the case and I believe money speaks louder than truth, unfortunately.

That really sucks if the posts are getting deleted. I for one is grateful that I 'stumbled' across some info about these two doctors on this forum and on Obesity Help. I was going to go with Dr. Almanza but changed my mind. I think most people have been really objective in giving their thoughts on the good doctor. I was able to confirm it by directly PM-ing his past patients. Most of the responses were positive, but there were a few negative ones.

I think you should give people the information to make their own choices. I personally only needed a few Nays to folk out the extra money and go to a different doctor. However, I would respect anyone's decision who would want to go to this Doctor. At the end of the day, it is each person's choice.

Don't take away people's freedom of speech, and freedom to choose what their health care options will be.

Edited by Coopersmama

Ok dah..advertisements!!!

These Dr's must have threatened to remove their ads. Too bad if that is the case. Moderators????

(thought of this in the shower..off to work!)

I used to run a website. While it is true that it isn't a problem if what is being said is true, it still costs money to defend a lawsuit.

I once had someone file on me. It cost them about 75 dollars to file....it cost me 5 thousand to defend. Did I win? Ummm....technically, but not really. I may have saved many many people from being defrauded, but no one paid the bill but me.

I have come to the conclusion that ALL forum websites are like this and that all that can really be done is value the positive recommendations, and a lack of positives is definitely indicative of a hidden negative.

Forums are best at helping each other with information. The one exception is helping people with who to buy a service or product from, because the negatives in this regard are usually deleted.

This IS a sad fact. Just in case your wondering, my website had nothing to do with weightloss. The guy who filed against me to this day gets money and never does deliver.

I have to say, that I did find one website that has found a novel way around this problem. www.cruisecritic.com

It is a great informational site, with tons of information. But, you are not allowed to post anything positive or negative about travel agencies. It is just flat out band, as it faces the same problems as positive or negatives about doctors on this site. Basically, the site doesn't attempt to perform that kind of help and refuses to even let people do that and it really is probably the most honest way of running a site.