Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK Ladies, talk me off the ledge...

My surgery is scheduled for this coming Wednesday the 13th. I am freaking out and scared to death right now. I of course am going to do what I have to do but I'm still having all these doubts and worries about the surgery itself and just getting the sleeve in general. High anxiety right now, high anxiety. Can someone reassure me that I'm doing the right thing here?

You are doing the right thing if you want to live a longer, healthier, fulfilling and happy life. You are going to be fabulous, and we're all going to be here for you through the ups and downs.

Drink some warm chamomile tea, pop in a sappy movie, have a good cry, snuggle up with a fuzzy blanket, and have faith in yourself, your surgeon, and his/her skills. Or, you could write out a " I want to do this _________,_________,______, and _________ when I lose XX pounds." as a motivator.

I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts.

You are doing the right thing. It seems overwhelming at times, but when you are healthier, physically and mentally, you will be glad you did it!

Hi,

I can sure talk you off the ledge! My surgery is not till March 1 (wish it was sooner) but... I met with a nurse yesterday who had the vsg 2 1/2 years ago and like everybody else I've talked to on-line or on the phone says it was the best thing she's ever done for herself. Only wishes she could have had it 5 years earlier!! Has maintained a normal BMI since about a year after the surgery and feels fantastic. She has her life back. Told me she does all the fun things in life that she's wanted to do for so long but could not because of her weight. Life is so good for her. I have to say she looked really healthy and happy and I must say that my meeting with her was another confirmation for me that the vsg is exactly what I need. I still have 7 weeks to wait, so I'm envious you are having yours this week!! :) Do it! You'll be so glad you did!! You'll soon be on the loser's side! :blink:

Keep us posted and come back for more positive thoughts if you have the least little bit of worry...:thumbup:

Talk to you soon!

Hugs,

MJ

p.s. How was that? I hope you are off the ledge and back inside.

Most of us had the same feelings...last minute jitters. Just think about how disabled you will be if you stay with your current problems...and for me that was enough to push forward! I wish I had done it 15 years ago...

Thank you girls. I do fee a bit better. I just need to kjeep telling myself I am doing the best thing for myself. It's the fat little devil sitting on my shoulder casting all the doubt on me. I need to keep flicking him off until after Wednesday. I owe you all somethinbg, since dinner really won't work how bout a back rub? ;-)

My surgery is scheduled for this coming Wednesday the 13th. I am freaking out and scared to death right now. I of course am going to do what I have to do but I'm still having all these doubts and worries about the surgery itself and just getting the sleeve in general. High anxiety right now, high anxiety. Can someone reassure me that I'm doing the right thing here?

You'll be fine, jitters are very normal. . . i had my surgery last tuesday 12/29, and that was my 18th major surgery. . .just like every other time, everything went well. . . you are going to be ok too. . . just put your trust into the doctors and life will be good. . .you'll be a bit sore after, but as long as you walk, walk, walk, and sip your Water you're going to do great! We are all here for you. . . :blink:

I'm right there with you! I have my surgery on Thursday & I have the jitters BUT I am also super exicted to start my new life. I am so ready to have this done. I was talking to my friends today & talked to them about how I can't wait until I can fly on an airplane & put the tray down in front of me. The little things people take for granted.

I'm so ready. I will keep you in my thoughts for Wednesday. Just remember, it's going to be a new life.

Good luck & keep us posted!

~Marci

You'll be fine, jitters are very normal. . . i had my surgery last tuesday 12/29, and that was my 18th major surgery. . .just like every other time, everything went well. . . you are going to be ok too. . . just put your trust into the doctors and life will be good. . .you'll be a bit sore after, but as long as you walk, walk, walk, and sip your Water you're going to do great! We are all here for you. . . :blink: