Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite protein?

What is your favorite Protein Drink? Do you prefer powers or RTD? Where do you buy it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am desperate to find a Protein I like before surgery. I have tried a few, including the Isopure RTD and they are NASTY!

I would love to be able to buy a bunch of samples. I just hate the idea of spending money on a huge tub of something that I will only end up hating.

Thanks all!

Kelsie

I like the nectar Protein products. You can call them or email them and get a sample pack of alot of their flavors. Their is a thread with different websites/phone numbers to order samples from different companies. You might want to search for it. Let me know if you can't it.

You may want to try the Chike sample packs. I could tolerate their orange cream and strawberry ones...my husband drank the chocolate and banana samples because I don't like those flavors. Here's the link Chike Nutrition - Best Tasting Meal Replacement shake. Guaranteed. Pour, shake, Drink & Go!

If you are looking for something more clear, I like the Inspire Sangria mix found at Bariatriceating.com. I think she sells a sample pack.

Good luck!

Look in the food forum for a thread where you can order samples. There are quite a few places to order samples.

My favorite powder is PVL whey gourmet choc. Peanut Butter that you order from Netrition.com

My favorite ready to drink is muscle milk light, but a lot of people say it's too sweet.

Try ordering from Vitalady.com for samples

You can order the absolute only Protein I could tolerate by a sample pack of 16 flavors for $18.99

Bodybuilding.com - Optimum 100% whey Protein - With Faster-Acting HYDROWHEY! On sale now!

On the right hand side of the page it's about 1/3 way down the column.

I liked the extreme milk chocolate flavor.

I use Unjury also....but I drink the chocolate as a hot cocoa drink in the mornings. I used the vanilla flavor as a Creamer in my coffee back when I could drink coffee. Never liked the strawberry flavor in Unjury products. The chicken broth flavor is a welcome change from all the SWEET Protein Drinks. I've used and tolerated Body Fortress available at Walmart and Meijers (recently). I recently tried the Chike samples and liked all of them except the chocolate. LOVED the Orange Creme flavor of the Chike and will be ordering a tub of that.

I just received a sample of CLICK powder and I am in love! I ordered a tub already! coffee lovers....this one is for you!

I have ordered a few other samples, including ones that you all have suggested. I don't want to be stuck drinking nothing but coffee flavored drinks!

I prefer the powders to the RTD. To me the RTDs have a funny odor to them I just can't handle. The only Isopure Zero Card RTD I could tolerate is the Apple Melon flavor. I tried all the nectar flavors and only liked the strawberry Mousse, Vanilla Bean Torte, chocolate Truffle, and Cappuccino. I ordered my samples from Vitalady.com. Also, for my pre op I have been drinking GNC's AMP Extreme 60 chocolate (2 scoops with 12 oz Water = 40 gm protein) It mixes so well, doesn't foam at all. Tastes kinda like yoo-hoo. Hope you find one you like. It's definately trial and error! Good luck to you!

Dana

Tiffy, did you try the Rich chocolate flavor of the Optimum Protein? I know you like Milk chocolate best, but I prefer the richer chocolate flavor. I don't really want to buy a tub to find that I don't like it.

Anyone taste the Rich Chocolate??

Tiffy, did you try the Rich chocolate flavor of the Optimum Protein? I know you like Milk chocolate best, but I prefer the richer chocolate flavor. I don't really want to buy a tub to find that I don't like it.

I didn't think they were too bad, but personally I wasn't a big fan of any of the chocolate flavors. I got the sample pack & ended up deciding on caramel toffee fudge, with rocky road as my #2 flavor. :lol0:

Not sure where you are getting your surgery, but if it is local, you can ask your Dr. if they have any samples. The surgeon I am going to see has lots of sample packs they get from the various companies.

You also might check to see if there is a local WLS support group. We have one in my area and they do samplings after the meetings each month.

I have also read quite a few posts where your taste can change after the surgery, and something you like now you may hate in the future, so I would probably NOT purchase anything in large lots until later down the road.

I'm sorry I'm so late with this reply. I haven't tried any of the other flavors. John used the EMC and that's what he suggested so I stuck with it. I never ordered the sample pack because I was just grateful to find one flavor/brand that I could tolerate.

Thanks for the response Tiffy!