Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled for sleeve with Dr. Aceves the week of Jan 18th - 22nd.

I am pretty new here, but I will be sleeved (band to sleeve revision) with Dr. Aceves on the 21! I arrive on the 20th. I am coming alone, so I would love to know somebody there too!

Hi All.... I've scheduled my surgery with Dr. A for Friday, January 22 (arriving in Mexicali on Thursday, 1/21). Buying my plane ticket tomorrow morning... So, it looks like I'll be there with a few of you ladies and gents... If anyone is arriving on Jan 21 with surgery on Friday, I would love to be in touch... as I'm coming down alone as well, and it would be great to hang out. I've been to Mexicali once before, for band removal, so I feel pretty comfortable with it, and going alone isn't a big deal... it might just be fun to know someone else is near by to chat, or whatever. :thumbup: :smile1::biggrin0: If you want to PM me, or say hi here, that'd be great.

As for everyone else who'll be there that week/weekend, can't wait to meet you all as well! :biggrin2:

I am pretty new here, but I will be sleeved (band to sleeve revision) with Dr. Aceves on the 21! I arrive on the 20th. I am coming alone, so I would love to know somebody there too!

Hi bethicle! Looks like there are going to be a handfull of us there that week. I look forward to meeting you. I'll be there through the 22nd.

I'm so looking forward to getting started on the road to being healthy and feeling better:001_smile:

Hi All.... I've scheduled my surgery with Dr. A for Friday, January 22 (arriving in Mexicali on Thursday, 1/21). Buying my plane ticket tomorrow morning... So, it looks like I'll be there with a few of you ladies and gents... If anyone is arriving on Jan 21 with surgery on Friday, I would love to be in touch... as I'm coming down alone as well, and it would be great to hang out. I've been to Mexicali once before, for band removal, so I feel pretty comfortable with it, and going alone isn't a big deal... it might just be fun to know someone else is near by to chat, or whatever. :thumbup: :smile1::biggrin2: If you want to PM me, or say hi here, that'd be great.

As for everyone else who'll be there that week/weekend, can't wait to meet you all as well! :smile1:

Youknowit, looking forward to meeting you also!!:biggrin0:

I'm so happy to find people that will be there with me. I have been to Mexicali twice before, once for my lap band back in 2007 and once more to go with a friend to get a lap band in latter 2007, and this is my first time by myself. I'm not too worried to go my myself, but its comforting to meet some of you that will be there too. Does anyone know if I bring my laptop will I be able to access the internet? I never tried before because I didn't have a lap top...I'm just trying to think of things to bring to pass the time.

Youknowit, looking forward to meeting you also!!:thumbup:

Thanks, Barbara, you too! This is going to be great. :biggrin0: Where are you flying in from?

I'm so happy to find people that will be there with me. I have been to Mexicali twice before, once for my lap band back in 2007 and once more to go with a friend to get a lap band in latter 2007, and this is my first time by myself. I'm not too worried to go my myself, but its comforting to meet some of you that will be there too. Does anyone know if I bring my laptop will I be able to access the internet? I never tried before because I didn't have a lap top...I'm just trying to think of things to bring to pass the time.

Dr. Aceves staff did tell me that the hopsital has wifi and that it was ok to bring my laptop. So I am bringing mine and hopefully it will work.

It is comforting to have others there at the same time. I don't think you'll feel alone as we will all be there to support you as well. Be sure to look me up when there.

Barb:biggrin0:

Thanks, Barbara, you too! This is going to be great. :thumbup1: Where are you flying in from?

youknotit, I'll be flying in from Denver, CO. Not to long of a flight which will be great for the flight back home after surgery.

Ladies...one more week!!

I'll be rooting for all of you, and am totally jealous that I can't be there with you! :001_tongue::thumbup1: Good luck everyone, and here's to your sleeve! :biggrin0:

I'll be rooting for all of you, and am totally jealous that I can't be there with you! :001_tongue::thumbup1: Good luck everyone, and here's to your sleeve! :biggrin0:

Thanks so much! It's greatly appreciated. :w00t:

I thought I had posted to this thread the other day, but I guess I didn't... here's what's going on with me...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all... bummer news for me. I won't be coming down to see Dr. A on the 22nd. My doc here in town wants me to have blood tests and follow up with him, and the soonest I could get back in with him is that week of the 22nd. So... I guess we shall see what he has to say, and then get the ball rolling.

Before I go, I did want to share with you what my local doctor said to me today... he said that even though I lost weight with the band, and have gained back since I lost my band... he doesn't think that being 210 pounds warrants another weightloss surgery. This, I thought, was odd... considering my past success. It was kind of crushing. I shut down when he told me that, because I was about to bust out crying... Anyways, that's my update, friends. I'm sorry I won't be there with all of you, but hope that I will be going down for surgery soon! :blink:

I'm so excited! The time is going by so quick..I have a ton of shopping to do for my post op diet.

I'm so excited too!!! I haven't done a bunch of shopping. I've had to hold myself back. I'm afraid I'll buy to much stuff and then end up not liking it. I did order sample protien powders from a few companies, and a few other things. I'll probably pick up some other items during the week.:blink: