Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fun thread: foreign languages

I'm with ya Tamryn- Redneck is it's own language...and being born and raised in East Texas, I'm fluent.

Also fluent in American Sign Language. YAH! Working to be certified interpreter.

:cake: Kristin

Thats it, I'm going to have to set up free LBT language lessons....I can do French, or German, or Portuguese, or Spanish, or Thai, PM me if your interested!!

I had a good friend in 9th grade that was blind. She taught me how to read braille. I can't do it with my fingers, but I still remember those little dot patterns that stand for the alphabet. So, I can read those patterns on the top of the plastic lids like from McDonalds and bathroom signs, lol. I'm also from Texas and we certainly have our own way of sayin' thangs.

Terry

Iyay ancay eakspay igpay atinlay. Oesday athyay oundcay?

Impressive language skills we have here!

I would like to introduce "Double B". It is like Jacqui's uppie duppie except with B's. The B sound comes after each vowel sound/syllable. We used to do it as kids. When you've got it right it sounds like you are underwater.

Youbou arebar ubunderber wabaterber.

I have the reverse in our house - I only speak "English" like a Northerner - then I have my SO who is from Texas (almost the border) who claims he speaks English lol --

when we first met we had to ask one another to repeat things constantly -- between his twang and my accent it was always interesting!

My favorite word he uses is "heighth" I said there is no such word - yes there is he said - how tall ya are - I was like huh? lol -- he also talks like a geezer and HIS own younger boys would say what? when he would say crazy old-fashioned things like pocketbook, bill fold, picture show.....

My most AND least favorite is his favorite phrase "Do What?" for what do you need/want me to do/what are you talking about/excuse me can you repeat what you said I didn't hear you -- all rolled into those two little words

And then there is always sireeen, and ceement

hello everybody,

czech is my native, I speak slovak,polish,I understand russian, my german is quite good and english is hopefully very good(so far everybody understood what I wanted to say:-),my spanish is really poor

WOW, so many different languages. I speak both arabic and english fluently. My parents are Palestians. I have never been. Lived here (America) all my life.

Thats it, I'm going to have to set up free LBT language lessons....I can do French, or German, or Portuguese, or Spanish, or Thai, PM me if your interested!!

Sa wa dee.

But how the hell did you get the sanscrit font?

hello everybody,

czech is my native, I speak slovak,polish,I understand russian, my german is quite good and english is hopefully very good(so far everybody understood what I wanted to say:-),my spanish is really poor

Your English is great.

Ya nee gavaru po Ruski. There was a time I could actually carry on a BIT of a conversation, but these days...Ya nee gavaroo.

My German is...well...ich habe keine ahnung. But last time I was there I could still order a meal and all. Then again, last time I was there EVERYONE spoke English, so maybe I just THOUGHT I was speaking German. I did live there a while.

I have survival skills in Spanish and because of that can ALMOST function in Italy.

I once tried Japanese and as soon as I discovered that I had to learn four alphabets--Hiragana, Katagana, Kanji and Romaji--it was time to find the guy who bought used books! LOL But I still remember Lesson One and how to say important stuff like, "This is a book" and "that is a pencil."

Grin.

I speak American and English fluently (but I speak American with an accent).

I've argued that UK English and American are seperate dialects for many a year. After I came to the US my co-woekers actually found an "English to American" dictionary to assist their comprehension at the odd combination of vowels and consonants errupting from my lips.

Part of my work is performing localization testing on software and hardware, and frenquently emply a team of 26 languages. Sad to say my big hitter just handed in his notice friday - he speaks Italian, French, Spanish, Greek, Catalan, Portuguese, and Hebrew at native level. He can also get by in Arabic. I have no concept of how that is even possible.

I can start fights in a few European languages, in accordance with my scholastic heritage.

I know it sounds crazy..... but I speak Dutch! Born in Holland and everything. My dark hair comes from my Dad, my parents are from Indonesia. In that language all I know is swear words! :D

Does G'Day Cobber, how's it hangin? or Jeez, gor blimey Bluey I reckon she'll cuma croppa count as a foreign language? Kind of SteveIrwinish. No real Australian's talk like that by the way. He's a tosser.

Does G'Day Cobber, how's it hangin? or Jeez, gor blimey Bluey I reckon she'll cuma croppa count as a foreign language? Kind of SteveIrwinish. No real Australian's talk like that by the way. He's a tosser.

I guess the correct response would be something like:

Crikey sheila, throw a few snags and yabbis on the barbie, Bonza!

Primarily English.

Sólo bastante español para conseguirme en problema.