Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I am in the very beginning process of researching the Lap-Band procedure. I would like to learn as much as I can so I can decide if it's right for me. I think this is the place to learn a few things... looking forward to it. :)

Hi mmm ok668,

Welcome to LBT. I lurked here for a good long time learning everything I could as I research the lap band. Good for you.

The biggest piece of advise I can share with you is this: try not to spend too much time in the Lap Band Complications forum - it'll scare the crud out of you - at least it did me. The thing to remember when you DO look through that forum - 'cause you just know you're gonna! lol- is that most U.S. doctors have a complication rate of between 1 - 3%. Conversely this means a 97 - 99% success rate. Those are pretty good odds. Some some surgeons have even lower complication percentages. Don't get me wrong, I think knowing about as many complications as you can is a good idea, I just don't think it's a good idea to dwell on them for too long.

Good luck in your research and on your weight loss journey.

Hi mmm, and WELCOME to LapBandTalk.com

This place has such awesome information on all the MANY many threads. Just hope you have tons of time to read it all.:biggrin1:

Good luck, and if you need anything, just let us know.

:grouphug: Welcome to our little corner of the web! If you are still in the researching process, then you have come to a great site to learn about the band. I spent about two weeks just reading through ALL the forums and learning everything I could about the band so I would make an informed decision. Also make sure you attend a seminar about the band. And, of course, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome newbie, hi from Idaho. There is lots of thngs to research, but bottom line its your decision have a grt day

Hello,

I can try to give you as much info as possible. I researched for quite sometime, went to Mexico for the procedure, awesome expeience. So far so good.

There is a ton of information here just for taking the time to read it. You won't be sorry to take the time to go through all the old as well as the new threads. Good Luck!

Welcome, welcome to all the new folks. You've found a great place for support and information. Check out the "Sticky" posts in each of the Forums (they are the ones at the top). They are a good place to start for information about the band and about getting around on LBT. The FAQ Forum would be my first recommended stop.

Best wishes to you all. :grouphug:

I've done a lot of research about the lap band. I've pretty much decided to have the surgery. I've talk to a dr in my area who works at a bariatric clinic here. I guess i'm just nervous about the whole thing. Currently i'm just waiting for my insurance company to say yes. I'm lucky its a benefit but i don't know if they will approve.