Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

krispy kreme

I'm 3mos out since I've had my surgery, and I've been following the nutritional rules and guidelines that you're suppose to follow after having the surgery (except the Protein shakes), but today I had a craving for something sweet :drool5:. This wasn't the first craving I've had, but this was the first one I acted on :thumbup:. I stoped at krispy kreme and had a donut, I feel bad; but honestly this is the first time that I've eatten something that I feel I shouldn't have. I'm not sure if I feel bad because I shouldn't have done it or I feel bad, because this is the first time I've allowed myself to a "treat". Is this bad? I mean don't get me wrong I'm not doing this all the time and don't plan on doing it again anytime soon, but I just feel so bad...... I feel like I'm sabotaging my weightloss, is this normal?

There is nothing wrong with giving yourself a treat! Did you get the sleeve to deprive yourself for the rest of your life? I know I didn't. I got it so I could live like a "normal" person. Normal people have treats. I have treats all the time. I love them. The difference is, before my sleeve I had no control and would eat to the point of gorging myself. With the sleeve, I can have a little bit, be satisfied and stop knowing I can have it again on another day.

I'm sure it is normal. was one enough? I can never eat just one of thoes evil things. do not dwell on the negatives. treat yourself like you would a 3year old child who has goofed. it is just a temporary slip. good to write about it. you will be ok again now.

Yes I only had one.... It actually took me about 5mins to eat the one.... I told myself I would just eat the one free one they give you and walk back out, but when I got inside I felt bad about walking in for a free one and walking back out, so I bought two. When I got home I tossed them in the bread basket and I'm thinking about throwing them away.... Because I think the old "fat girl" that is still inside me will try to tell the new me to go back and have another one today..... I think it should be another month before I "treat" myself, Maybe I will for halloween?

Yes I only had one.... It actually took me about 5mins to eat the one.... I told myself I would just eat the one free one they give you and walk back out, but when I got inside I felt bad about walking in for a free one and walking back out, so I bought two. When I got home I tossed them in the bread basket and I'm thinking about throwing them away.... Because I think the old "fat girl" that is still inside me will try to tell the new me to go back and have another one today..... I think it should be another month before I "treat" myself, Maybe I will for halloween?

There is nothing wrong with giving yourself a treat! Did you get the sleeve to deprive yourself for the rest of your life? I know I didn't. I got it so I could live like a "normal" person. Normal people have treats. I have treats all the time. I love them. The difference is, before my sleeve I had no control and would eat to the point of gorging myself. With the sleeve, I can have a little bit, be satisfied and stop knowing I can have it again on another day.

This is the life I long for. A life of food control. I Normal life of not being miserable after uncontrollably stuffing myself. To be confortable in my own skin.

I remember when I was going to Weight Watchers the leader used to say if you have a craving to go ahead and acknowledge it and eat something sweet while you can control yourself before it takes over. Dont' beat yourself up, life goes on.

Don't feel the least bit gulity - did you at least enjoy it? I would hate that you treated yourself and wasn't able to enjoy it.

I treat myself occassionally and don't feel the least bit guilty about it. You shouldn't either. Personally, I don't think you should "plan" when you're going to treat yourself -what if you have a craving before Halloween -- are you going to ignore it - you know that doesn't work - so if you have a craving for something, treat yourself, enjoy it, and move on -- Don't feel guilty about it.

This is actually a win win situation!

You allowed yourself a treat. That is human and ok! You didn't gorge on donuts until you were sick. You didn't buy 10 and that is all you ate for two days. You are allowed a treat now and then.

The other part? You are going to throw that other donut out to show that inner fat girl is not in charge anymore. Normal people throw out extra goodies and you are a normal girl now. You are not longer taking orders from the inner fat girl. She is going to have to find a new place to live.

I'm 3mos out since I've had my surgery, and I've been following the nutritional rules and guidelines that you're suppose to follow after having the surgery (except the Protein shakes), but today I had a craving for something sweet :drool5:. This wasn't the first craving I've had, but this was the first one I acted on :). I stoped at krispy kreme and had a donut, I feel bad; but honestly this is the first time that I've eatten something that I feel I shouldn't have. I'm not sure if I feel bad because I shouldn't have done it or I feel bad, because this is the first time I've allowed myself to a "treat". Is this bad? I mean don't get me wrong I'm not doing this all the time and don't plan on doing it again anytime soon, but I just feel so bad...... I feel like I'm sabotaging my weightloss, is this normal?

The last time I gave advise, I got "yelled at" so if I insult you accept my apologies from now. . . as long as you enjoyed that donut and don't do it often, you go and enjoy your donut. . .like Susan said you didn't get the sleeve to deprive yourself of treats once in a while. . . don't feel bad! at least it was 1 and not the whole box right?

I am also just about 3 months out. I will be the first to admit, I enjoy a treat now and then. And I don't consider it cheating! I did NOT get the sleeve to DIET the rest of my life. I got it to be able to control my eating, the portions, and what goes in my mouth. I LIKE sweets. But now, I don't HAVE to eat them all the time. My weight loss is great, over 40 lbs so far, and I treat myself once or twice a WEEK! Not a lot, just a cookie, or a few chips, but enough to feel SATISFIED. Go ahead! Enjoy! Just keep it under control. The sleeve makes that POSSIBLE!

I dunno....... I'm a weak person, addictive personality......

I stayed away from EVERYTHING........ until I was 6 months out... then I had CHOCOLATE......I never use to like chocolate, well... i liked it but my big butt came from meat and tators!

But a few in here know, I'm 7 months out and having issues with chocolate, I can eat a whole bag and not get sick, but if I eat too much "real food" GOOD for me food.... I get sick....

So in my case, I have to stay away from it, I'm weak. :glare:

I just wish I never picked up the first piece!!

I'm still struggleing with it....... good days and bad, but I really want it out of my life!

Wow Chancie, I don't know what to tell you there. . . addiction is a horrible thing and it's tough too. . . sure it's easy for me to say "Just stop and throw away the bag and remember why you got this done in the first place" but that is really tough when a person is literally addicted to it so badly that it controls their life and will to fight for what they want. . . the only thing i can really say is "I'm sorry it's happened to you and hope that one day you'll overcome it" I'm not being mean or nasty or prickly, but I feel so bad for you!

Certain things are sliders for me too Chancie..chocolate is one of them..along with ice cream, Peanut Butter etc...I really feel for you too, because I have food demons too. I can totally relate. My reason for wanting these things is that I still want to use food to soothe my anxiety. I am trying different things other than eating now..but like they said this thing is a tool. We still have to diet & exercise to be successful. Do you have a support group near you that you can join? I am afraid of my surgeon, and he is at every support group. I don't lose fast enough for him, and even when I was 100%, he didn't believe me. Whatca gonna do? I know you can avoid this chocolate thing. For some of us, we cannot even go there. I wish I had never started adding carbs like whole grain bread, low-carb tortillas, and corn tortillas, because I cannot or find it very hard to stop them. Umm...it is an addiction for me...I love Mexican food and I make my own low cal recipes and stay at around 900 calories..but it's not what my surgeon wanted. I just wanted to eat like a normal person, and not feel deprived. chocolate is too hard for me, I do crave it, and try my best to avoid it completely.....but I have used it to reward myself after a tough day at work...and that is self-sabotage.

Maybe that is what we are doing to ourselves. Self-sabotage..I have to think about that one..why am I doing this to myself?

Steph-

That is my thoughts exactly! WHY am I sabotaging myself? There is no support group here close to me... but since I am now on a different schedule at work, I should be able to go to Nashville at least twice a month...... am working on that, and am also trying to find a therapist.......

I KNOW I am not "normal", I cannot eat like "normal" people........

But now since i have lost weight- I think at times I am....... and I am putting the chocolate in my mouth without even REALIZING it...... A girl at work is a Chocolate Junkie- ALWAYS has it out.... and I catch myself picking up a piece without any thought behind it!

THATS why I stayed away from all the other things that I know I am addicted to. I haven't had bread since Dec. prior to my surgery. I stay away from carbs... bread, Pasta, rice etc. My weaknesses........I never dreamed chocolate would effect me this way!

I did finnaly break my platuea....... lost 4 pounds! Down 146 to date!!! So maybe that will give me motivation!