Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food issues, now in reverse.

Good for you!

I am doing well this evening. Had some lower GI problem still today but hopefully that is all done.

Thanks Cajun. Please keep us informed.

I enjoyed it and my sleeve kept me in check while eating it. There was some sensation in the center of my chest (like air or something) and that signaled me to go s l o w, take a break and try to burp. I am begining to understand what "head hunger" means...for me it means eating something a little bit too fast. So I cautiously ate about 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese and applesauce and it was delicious. So far I think I'm OK. Thanks for asking Cajun. So how are you doing?

Someone told me this and I thought it was so weird, but I tried it and it was good... have a teaspoon of warmed up spaghetti sauce for every tablespoon of cool cottage cheese.. the combination together is lovely. I thought it sounded strange, but it was VERY VERY good! :)

Now your talking my style...Italian in NY! LOL I will definitely give this a try, yum. It may be great with ricotta cheese too, although cottage cheese has a higher Protein content. Thanks Josephine!

Now your talking my style...Italian in NY! LOL I will definitely give this a try, yum. It may be great with ricotta cheese too, although cottage cheese has a higher Protein content. Thanks Josephine!

Try the ricotta bake, too, Lan - it's really easy, tastes GREAT, and makes enough for several meals.

Yum again! Although I think I would just bake the ricotta with a little tomatoe sauce are there any specific instructions? If so, where can I find the ricotta bake recipe VegasAngel? Thanks.

Yum again! Although I think I would just bake the ricotta with a little tomatoe sauce are there any specific instructions? If so, where can I find the ricotta bake recipe VegasAngel? Thanks.

It's on here somewhere, but I have it memorized so will post it here:

16 oz. container ricotta (I use low fat)

1 egg

1 C parmesan cheese (freshly grated is best)

1-10 oz. pkg frozen spinach - thawed and squeezed dry

Mix altogether, put into a 1 qt. casserole dish. Top with another cup of parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes - until bubbly. (I spray the dish with Pam Olive Oil so it doesn't stick)

Serve with spaghetti sauce (heated) ... it's really yummy and is good the 2nd and 3rd day too.

I've also made it with canned chicken (well drained) and asparagus (that didn't work too well -- too much moisture)

Enjoy!

.....It does look delicious. Today I tried some more cottage cheese with the egg yolk and it was tasty but I had a little struggle. I think I should perservere a while longer on full liquids. I sure hope that things progress because I'd like to be able to enjoy some food, even if it's just in small amounts. I'm gonna hold onto this one until I'm ready for it.

Lan2k, I can testify for the ricotta bake, it really is yummy!

Guys I have some kind of strange thinking going on. I wanted to see if anyone else felt this way. I am on full liquids/mushies hybrid thing now after a long bout of clears. My doctor wanted me to ease into mushies from full liquids because I spent too long on clears (long story, not my fault). My diet is still mostly liquids because of a few reasons. Unless it is really mushed, like baby food, it causes the dreaded esophagus or stomach cramps. I am not sure which. It does not matter how much I chew either. It has to be pureed or pain will soon follow.

So the strange thinking? I am afraid to eat sometimes, like seriously afraid. I forget to eat which I know is common after surgery but sometimes I get major anxiety about eating, even drinking my shakes. I look at the calories and think ?I could just skip this and lose more weight?. My husband is worried enough he had a talk with me last night about just how many calories I am actually getting. I woke up yet again yesterday with the shakes and he took my blood sugar (he is diabetic not me) and it was 51:001_unsure:. I think this is what triggered the ?talk?. My calories each day? About 350 ? 400. I don?t think that is bad. My doctor just said stay under 800. I don?t feel tired but I am foggy sometimes. I forget stuff all the time now though.

I guess my point in this ramble is: Is anyone afraid of eating now? Like the inner skinny person is admonishing you for eating anything? I always would get angry at myself when I would eat before surgery because I made such bad choices. Sometimes I would tell myself how fat and ugly I was. Now I can go without eating and I feel like I should to make up for all the bad eating. I am scared if I eat too many more calories (like 600 to 800) I might stop losing. I have been on this full liquids/mushies hybrid thing for 1 week and only lost 2 lbs so I am scared to get on the scale again. I feel like for the first time in my life I am in control of my eating and I don?t want to give in to any eating or I might lose that control again. I wanted the tight reign on my stomach and I got it but now my husband (and coworkers) are hassling me that I am not eating enough. I am still 57 lbs overweight. How could I not be eating enough? I wish people would get out of my business and stop obsessing about what I am putting in my mouth. I leave a shake box on my desk now so they think I am drinking my shakes. Ugh.

What do you all think? Am I just a mess or? Be brutally honest.

Well, what can I say, I KNOW for a fact that I'll be just like you.:biggrin0: I'll be so scared to eat cause I spent so much money (selfpay) to get this surgery that be damned if I mess up. . . Funny thing is I now eat only 1400-1500 calories a day if that, drink TONS of Water (amazed I haven't died from water intoxication :w00t:) I exercise 5 times a day religiously 45 min on treadmill at 3.1 mph and 15 more minutes on stationary bike at level 9 random hill. . . and I have maintained a weight of 330 - 335lbs for the past 10-12 years. . . go figure! I'm 6.0 tall and all the testing in the world for why I'm so big, BP 116/64 P 59 (resting) cholestrol 200, thyroid normal, everything is normal. . ugh. . . so now when my surgery comes along in January, believe me I will be so inclined to be anorexic (no wonder they have a psych eval huh?) but i want to lose weight so badly and be able to fit into normal clothes and wear jeans and nice bathing suits and shorts that I'll do anything. . . does this sound familiar? I bet it sounds dumb, but desperate is, desperate does. . . . thanks for listening to me rant.

Thinoneday - doesn't sound desperate or dumb. Just be very careful NOT to become anorexic - that's a whole other set of problems. You will do well with the sleeve if you follow your doctor's order post-op.

Thanks for your support guys. I am going to share more for others to read. I know there are lurkers here :) but I have not been feeling well. Caught something I think around the office and bathroom issues related to surgery. I'll be around later.

Thanks for your support guys. I am going to share more for others to read. I know there are lurkers here :) but I have not been feeling well. Caught something I think around the office and bathroom issues related to surgery. I'll be around later.

Well take care of yourself, hope you feel well soon. . . the flu seems to be going around so get lots of rest. . . til we hear from you again. . . always

Thinoneday:001_smile:

"that be damned if I mess up.". Thinoneday, I can see from your dogged determination that once you have set your mind to have this surgery and walk this journey, you will do an outstanding job at it, and will be very, very successful. I don't think you will sabotage your success, not with the motivation that you seem to have. Chill...take one day at a time and you'll do great!