Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite meals?

Do you have any fav meals to share?

I am at 8 wks now, so anything goes..but am looking for high Protein meals w/low carbs.

The ricotta bake is GREAT, better made with fresh grated parmesan. I made it with spinach the first time, the next time I added canned chicken (drained really well) and asparagus - it was runny due to the asparagus, but still tasted great. Very easy and quick and is great warmed up too.

Edited by VegasAngel
added a few words

yum..recipe please. That sounds like something I would love.

yum..recipe please. That sounds like something I would love.

It's posted on here somewhere - not sure who posted it originally, but am so glad they did.

16 oz. container ricotta cheese

1 egg

1 C parmesan cheese (like I said the fresh grated tastes better)

1 box frozen spinach - thawed and squeezed dry.

Mix all together, put in casserole dish, sprinkle another cup of cheese on top. Bake at 350 until bubbly (about 35-40 minutes).

Serve with marinara sauce.

Not sure what the stats are on it, as I'm too lazy this morning to get up and go in the kitchen and look at the recipe card.

Enjoy!

I think adding the canned chicken is a great idea. I thought it was rather bland, but at least it's really easy to eat.

oohh..thank you. I bought some ricotta today and mixed it with Splenda and chopped almonds (the ones with cocoa on them)..yumm..but I'm not buying the almonds again..a trigger food for me, I can't control myself.

I have heard of those almonds with cocoa on them, but have never been able to find them. I eat almonds every day. They are good for us.

oohh..thank you. I bought some ricotta today and mixed it with Splenda and chopped almonds (the ones with cocoa on them)..yumm..but I'm not buying the almonds again..a trigger food for me, I can't control myself.

I have heard of those almonds with cocoa on them, but have never been able to find them. I eat almonds every day. They are good for us.

OH YEAH...Bearded and I were in Sam's last night and they were giving free samples - they were WAYYYY YUMMY ... and that is exactly why we didn't buy them - would be too easy to eat too many too often -- but they were definitely good -- I think they were like $9.38 for a big ole jar of them.

One of my favorite easy things is salad. I am very lazy and I don't have anyone to cook for. I use the bagged lettuce and the already cooked chicken strips. I think they are Tyson. I chop up the chicken into little pieces and dump it on top of the lettuce. I like to add dried cranberries on top.

oohh, Daisy, I love the mix of fruit/meat and fruit/cheese. Great idea for chicken salad, I like to add apples too. It reminded me of something I cooked when staying with my mom. I modified a recipe using pork tenderloin, browned, then stuffed w/cranberries and a little sf apricot jam and roasted it. Gosh, that was delicious. But, just like you, I cook for one. So normally, it's very simple. Tonight, I bought some precooked shrimp at Target and made my version of shrimp scampi. I just love to eat good tasting food. But, I have been divorced for so long now, I am used to cooking for one.

Wow I am simple I guess. You guys are creating masterpieces. I am on mushies and I get these terriaki chicken patties at costco. I pull one out and heat it up. Then I blend it with 1 tbl cheddar and 1 tsp ranch. I can only eat half and save half for later. The chicken is about 6 oz each patty.

I also found I like to take two pieces sliced ham, like cold cut size and blend it with one slice swiss cheese and 1 tsp thousand island. Yum. I can only eat half of that too.

I have never been a fan of eggs so I have not tried them yet. Some have not had good luck so that has made me reluctant. I am alergic to most tree nuts and peanuts so that form of Protein is out.

Wow I am simple I guess. You guys are creating masterpieces. I am on mushies and I get these terriaki chicken patties at costco. I pull one out and heat it up. Then I blend it with 1 tbl cheddar and 1 tsp ranch. I can only eat half and save half for later. The chicken is about 6 oz each patty.

I also found I like to take two pieces sliced ham, like cold cut size and blend it with one slice swiss cheese and 1 tsp thousand island. Yum. I can only eat half of that too.

I have never been a fan of eggs so I have not tried them yet. Some have not had good luck so that has made me reluctant. I am alergic to most tree nuts and peanuts so that form of Protein is out.

Both sound good (except the blended part)

I was thinking about you guys the other day Vegas. I was thinking how small your grocery bills must be now.

Mine have gone down but I still have two teenagers and a husband to feed. I have had to learn to cook for one less or there is massive leftovers. That has been interesting.

Finally it is going down - the past few months it's been about the same because we've been experimenting so much - and the last time we went, Bearded bought all kinds of meat - so now we have LOTS of food in the freezer and from what I can tell, we won't need to go to the grocery, except for coffee creamer, coffee and stuff like that -- as far as frozen veggies, meat, etc. we've got enough for quite some time -- so now I expect the grocery budget to decrease immensely.

I throw a lot of food in the garbage, or give it to my son. It's impossible to cook for one.