Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unbelievable that I did this!!

I had a melt down last nite. I had purchased some date filled Cookies for company that had been over. It was late in the evening I was cleaning up and I ATE A DATE COOKIE!!!! It is the first time since the beginning of my journey that I did something like this. I had a banana then the cookie! I was waiting to get sick and nothing happened. I wish I would of gotten sick for a punishment.:smile:

OMG - you at 1 cookie -- OMG - call in the firing squad!!! Seriously, you need to lighten up and quit worrying so much. This is a lifelong journey you are on and you are going to eat things that may not be the healthiest decision; however, you're not going to die from them. You need to eat like a normal person - you are being way too strict on yourself and if you keep it up I can see you doing a total binge ... it is OKAY to have a cookie now and again. That is what the sleeve does- helps you to eat like a NORMAL person -- do you think normal people never eat Cookies or anything bad? Just accept that you ate the cookie, that it tasted GREAT and congratulate yourself on the fact that you only ate 1. We had a babyshower at the office the other day and I had a piece of cake -- it was much smaller than I normally would have had and I didn't go back for seconds. However, I had NO GUILTY whatsoever -- normal people eat cake too!

QUIT WORRYING ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING - WORRYING is negative energy and it's wasted energy -- it doesn't change a thing!!!! Worrying CHANGES nothing - so focus on the positive (you didn't eat all of the cookies before your guests even got to your house) and move forward!

Edited by VegasAngel

Right now I am at the place where I am still learning to eat. I tend to eat too fast or too big of bites and get the stuck feeling. Then I just lose my appetite and don't want to eat period.

However, I did go to the fair yesterday and had a few bites of a cheese pizza (couldn't finish it), a couple bites of a cookie (didn't WANT to finish it -wow!), and sugar free Hawaiin Ice. I had all these things spread out through a few hours though). Honestly, I felt no guilt because I ate sooooo much less than I have ever had before at a fair. I am still in awe at how little I eat.

On Thursday my wife took me out for ice cream. Yes, ice cream. I ordered a "kiddy cup," maybe 1/3 cup total, of soft swirl. You should have seen the look on the girl's face who took my order; this big bear of a guy wants a kiddy cup? It was wonderful! Tasted so good on my tongue. I slowly ate it (it took me about 20 minutes) and relished every bite. Do I feel guilty? Nope. I figure I need to have just those little Snacks every coon's age or so just to keep my taste sanity. This is a long race, not a month long sprint, and I figure I need to indulge, just a little, every now and then.

If you don't indulge when you have the craving, then you'll end up gorging eventually and that's even worse. I, unfortunately, have had to remove ice cream from my list -- I've had some 2x since surgery -- one time about 3 bites and another about 5-6 bites and apparently my new smaller stomach doesn't like it anymore as it came back up within 15 minutes of eating it ... so I'm not willing to give it another try ... thank goodness frozen yogurt seems to stay down okay.

If I have a craving for something, then I eat a bite or two - that generally gets rid of the craving and I don't feel the least bit guilty for it at all.

I agree, I don't want to deprive myself, I just want to be able to enjoy food in a more controlled manner. I have had quite a few goodies, and I never feel guilty about it.

Vegas, I can't eat ice cream or anything with milk in it anymore. I think I have become lactose intolerant since my surgery. I miss my milk, I was a major milk drinker prior to surgery. But now, it just makes me incredibly sick to my stomach.

I agree, I don't want to deprive myself, I just want to be able to enjoy food in a more controlled manner. I have had quite a few goodies, and I never feel guilty about it.

Vegas, I can't eat ice cream or anything with milk in it anymore. I think I have become lactose intolerant since my surgery. I miss my milk, I was a major milk drinker prior to surgery. But now, it just makes me incredibly sick to my stomach.

Have you tried the pills that are out there?

Have you tried the pills that are out there?

I was lactose intolerant before the surgery - however, it affected me differently (out the other end) and I didn't throw up - so there were times when I would suffer the consequences and eat some ice cream -- however, I don't like throwing up so I will now pass on ice cream.

I tried lactaid before surgery and it didn't really seem to make a difference in the reaction my body had to ice cream so I gave up on it. I don't care to drink milk at all and I actually can enjoy my Golden Spoon frozen yogurt as much as I did ice cream. I can't tolerate much of anything sweet as it is soooo very sweet tasting to me.

Even frozen yogurt gives me horrible gas but it's nothing like the sitting on the toilet all night that ice cream will do to me. It's a good thing though. Ice cream doesn't sound as temping to me as it used to.

I can drink a few sips of milk but no more.

I haven't tried anything for it. I figure it is probably a good thing I can't eat ice cream.

Vegas Angel:

I love your common sense response. The whole point of this is to get back to eating and weighing like a NORMAL person instead of an OBESE person. Nuff said.

Dairy is such an important nutrient. Maybe if you take Probiotics for a while, you will be able to tolerate it once again.

I do take probiotics. I can eat cheese for some reason with no trouble.

Vegas Angel:

I love your common sense response. The whole point of this is to get back to eating and weighing like a NORMAL person instead of an OBESE person. Nuff said.

THANK YOU!!!

Dairy is such an important nutrient. Maybe if you take probiotics for a while, you will be able to tolerate it once again.

I've never cared for milk - can't stand it - my grandmother used to give me Calcium pills because she was so worried I didn't drink milk. As I got older, I become lactose intolerant. I get my dairy with yogurt and cheese -- I have no trouble with either of those items.

I do take probiotics. I can eat cheese for some reason with no trouble.

Me too - I don't do probiotics - not even sure what that is - however, I can eat cheese and yogurt with no issues whatsoever.

Like the new Avatar Daisy - much better than the one we worked up for you!

Daisy, I like the new avatar too. Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner on it. I was in bed by 7:30 last night! But, I see you figured it out. You are more computer savvy than you give yourself credit for girl!