Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The sleeve really is LIFE CHANGING

Can you share a meal or bring home leftovers, Jane?

Today I went to Chevys (Mexican) and had an appetizer that I could actually eat all of it. It's a chicken skewer and a shrimp skewer on a bed of veggies (I told them to hold the fries). Usually I bring home the extra and bring it to work for lunch.

I take leftovers, but I never get to take them for lunch, because someone always eats it before I get to it.

Can you share a meal or bring home leftovers, Jane?

Today I went to Chevys (Mexican) and had an appetizer that I could actually eat all of it. It's a chicken skewer and a shrimp skewer on a bed of veggies (I told them to hold the fries). Usually I bring home the extra and bring it to work for lunch.

Oh Mac ... I love Chevys ... all of them in Las Vegas closed down :-(

We do that...... a lot. My problem is the kids and all too little and still do the kids menu or occassionall I get them and entree or two and they all split it between the seven of them (restaurants hate that by the way) to not have the "fried" junk.

Eric and I rarely agree on what we like, I do take it home, but prime rib (even the 6 oz cut) could have fed me for a week when I was banded..... so I stuck a lot to mushies or whatever when we were out.....also due to not wanting to get "sick" with all the kids there....... i had a hard time chewing right and not getting a pb while having all the kids there....... (make sense)

I am likeing the sleve though....I can screw up the chewing a little more w/ less issues other than...NO MORE IN!!!!!!!!!!!! Much better than the other band issues I would have on and off!

I take leftovers, but I never get to take them for lunch, because someone always eats it before I get to it.

People steal your lunch at work?! :001_wub: Or is it just that your family gets to them?

I have to throw a lot out as my family doesn't tend to like the same things as me and I can't get to them all in time some weeks.

Oh Mac ... I love Chevys ... all of them in Las Vegas closed down :-(

I like Chevys, but twice in one weekend? It was a bit much, really. :thumbup1:

Mac I have the same problem, I live alone so any leftovers are all mine and it takes several days to eat the whole thing unless I eat it for every meal and thats not gonna happen.

I figure if I eat it 3x, that's good enough and I'll throw the rest out, if it's not something I'm in love with.

Mac I have the same problem, I live alone so any leftovers are all mine and it takes several days to eat the whole thing unless I eat it for every meal and thats not gonna happen.

I figure if I eat it 3x, that's good enough and I'll throw the rest out, if it's not something I'm in love with.

Get a food sealer and seal it - freeze it and eat it later -- if you have several things, you can mix it up during the week - and the nice thing about the seal-a-meal bags is you can boil them or nuke them ... I LOVE my seal-a-meal - already wore one out -working on #2.

Before Bearded had his surgery, I never had leftovers -- I'd bring them home, but they'd be gone by the next morning or the next evening when I got home -- I was used to that though, as my kids were always the same way -- it's like they could sense there was a doggy bag in the fridge!

Mac, most of the time someone at home (aka, the hubby) eats them before I have a chance too. But, I have had meals that I place in the fridge or freezer at work taken by others too. That really peeves me when I go to make my lunch, and someone else has helped themselves to it even though I always put my name on my lunch.

Mac, most of the time someone at home (aka, the hubby) eats them before I have a chance too. But, I have had meals that I place in the fridge or freezer at work taken by others too. That really peeves me when I go to make my lunch, and someone else has helped themselves to it even though I always put my name on my lunch.

As sad as it is - it has happened to me and others in every office I have worked. One time I had a small pizza and had 2 pieces left - went to get it to take home for dinner and the container was there - but the pizza was gone. It's amazing what bravado (and poor manners) some people have.

You know, I have some ziplock bags that WASa sent me that are made to cook food in the microwave. I should try those!

I had some chinese food the other day and it had a sauce and the sauce made things all soggy. I was sad.

Mac, most of the time someone at home (aka, the hubby) eats them before I have a chance too. But, I have had meals that I place in the fridge or freezer at work taken by others too. That really peeves me when I go to make my lunch, and someone else has helped themselves to it even though I always put my name on my lunch.< /strong>

Takes me back about a few years ago when i took some left over pizza for dinner on a night shift...some clown decided they wanted my dinner more than me, so the following week i loaded some *left over pizza* with heavy chilly and a ground laxitive. Needless to say it didnt go walkies that day!!!:blush:

*sings* down down down, in a burning ring of fireeeeeeee

Every time I have gone on any diet in my life, the family decide that they just love whatever item I have bought for myself and put in the fridge for later! Inevitably it ends up getting eaten by someone and I end up getting very annoyed. Recently I bought some smoked salmon and cream cheese parcels (easy for me to get down but too expensive to buy all the time and feed the whole family on) and what happens? You guessed it!

Eating out is not the joy it used to be either as no one wants to share with me or part with their own meal so I end up choosing the cheapest thing, usually the Soup, and then end up only eating half of it - "was it ok madam?" "Did you not like it?" etc etc. Drives me mad so I usually end up with just a coffee these days and watch the others stuffing their faces - "no I'm not hungry anyway" "I don't mind sitting watching you at all"....grrrrrrrrrr!!!

I think an important thing to be said is how life changing a VSG can be. I read on here and on OH about people wanting to eat more than their stomachs will allow and how long it takes to get to eat alittle more. The surgery I have chosen is meant to reduce the amount I am able to eat. I have to be accepting and even grateful for that. I have come to accept that I will never ever be able to eat 3 to 4 cups of anything at one time ever again. Should I want to? Yes its a grieving thing, a missing of that almighty drug of choice in the amounts that we have grown acustome to. You know the amount that made us huge and made everyone else comment behind our backs. But I dont think the food addicted mind will let some of us grasp what that change is really going to be like. It is permanent, that means forever! Sure we can eat around our sleeve like we could around the band. Grazing all day on high calorie mushies is wonderful weight gaining sabotager. Still there are those of us who cant fathom not being able to eat a plate full of a large meal like other non sleeve freinds and family can. We are limited to our 3 to 4 oz, sometimes a bit more if you have a bigger pouch and that is only after several long months out. If this is something that is difficult for a person's mind to grasp, they perhaps should rethink the sleeve surgery. I dont mean to be preachy but it isnt something that was talked about much before I had my sleeve and when it was, I wasnt able to make the connection at that time anymore than some pre surgery patients can now, so I feel it is worth mentioning again. I have an addiction to foods. One taste of some foods is too many and a thousand is never enough. I still grieve the loss of the ability to have all that my brain wants to eat but grieving will pass. I feel better about it every day. I would just like to reinforce the concept and purpose of the sleeve. It is to greatly control our intake. Forever. Ok, that is off my chest and alot of fat is off my ass as a result of this life change. There are soooo many positive life changing gifts we can accept from this surgery. I want to dwell on those for now.

I think this is a great post - and highlights what I have just done - I'm considering the VSG and have just eaten a meal as if I had one, very small mouthfuls, chewed beyond recognition before swallowing, and without fluids.

It really highlighted to me the size of portion I had served myself, and how I bolt my food normally. I will certainly keep this practise up to try and instill this into my head. If I can cope with this for a while then I think it will help in my decision making about the surgery.

Thank you for these comments...I am one month away from this surgury and (as my friend and I have been describing) "trying to wrap my head around" how this is SO totally going to change EVERYTHING about my life...and especially food. I think I can be ok with giving it up...it is just knowing that I have to...that I have to do anything...is that silly or what? Pride is one HUGE thing that I am struggling to overcome, but I think I am making some headway in that battle...thanks for the reminder that the things I am giving up will be far out-weighed by the things that lie ahead...some that I am sure that don't even realize.