Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers!

Well, for me it has been about technique and choices. If I can't take 30 min to eat a meal, then I should just drink a Protein drink. To eat properly, I have weigh out 2 oz food, put on an appetizer plate and divide into 6 portions. Then set a timer for 30 min and eat one portion every 5 min. This morning, I took over an hour to eat my Protein Bar, because I got up and did other things, paying bills, etc. then you have to wait one hour before drinking anything. However, I sipped 2 oz coffee over an hour w/my bar. And choices...eating frozen yogurt is too hard for me to control right now, and there is no real nutritional value, no Protein to speak of.

This is what I want my day to look like:

B: one egg omelet w/minced bell pepper, onion, 1/2 slice ff cheese single & vits or a medifast protein crunch bar

S: 32 oz of Water mixed w/one scoop of fuzzy naval Protein Drink and later 1 oz of turkey Jerky

L: 2 oz tuna salad mixed with one tsp light mayo, minced onion, on romain lettuce leaf

or something else similar

S: 32 oz of Water mixed w/special K protein water powder or another fuzzy naval

and later maybe 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese mixed w/minced celery

D: 2 oz pork tenderloin stir fried w/zucchini, onion and some seasoning

S: Medifast parmesan cheese puffs made w/soy protein

about 600-700 calories, 80 gms protein, 64 oz water and then I walk on the treadmill or around the neighborhood 30-45 minutes and use light weights to tone while watching tv.

But, it is key to take 30 min to eat your meals, or you will hurt yourself. And you have to wait one hour after meals to drink fluids, and after drinking you have to wait 15-30 min before eating.

I don't know if it's about will power, but choice and planning and following your surgeon's orders. I still have problems controlling how fast I eat, and how much I eat, and believe me, it's painful if I break the rules.

Edited by Steph_123

I just got home from having surgery with Dr. Cirangle in SF on 090909. Am doing well, having a little discomfort and can't believe how little liquid makes me full. It is nuts. The first day of recovery in the hospital was rough - no major pain, just an uncomfort that made it hard to relax. I am sitting at home now, just downded 30 grams of Protein this morning and heading to the stash to try and get in another 15. I can't wait to see some results.

Congratulations GMS! Sounds like you doing well. Just sip, sip, sip.

Hi all my surgery is nearly TWO days away...Tuesday the 15th. I can't tell you how many times my feet get cold! My intention is to come back here and tell you all how it went and how I am progressing in detail very soon after my surgery. Can I ask for a prayer? I thank God we're in this together. I'll be praying for each and every one of you too. My doctor's name is Baiju C. Gohil in North Shore LIJ, Syosett, NY.

Yes, Lan2K, you are in my prayers. It will be fine, a piece of cake. That's the beauty of the sleeve. It's so simple.

Yes, Lan2K, you are in my prayers. It will be fine, a piece of cake. That's the beauty of the sleeve. It's so simple.

Thanks Hope4me. :lol0:

Lan2k

You are on my prayer list. My surgery is only a week away- we will go through this together. I understand the cold feet but think of all the positives and how your life will be changed so much for the better!

Lan2k

You are on my prayer list. My surgery is only a week away- we will go through this together. I understand the cold feet but think of all the positives and how your life will be changed so much for the better!

It's getting nearer to Tuesday:scared0:. I sincerely appreciate your support and prayers. I want to send love out to all of you and pray for all of us to have a complication free surgery with a "speedy and uneventful recovery". Thank you God for being with us.

Well, for me it has been about technique and choices. If I can't take 30 min to eat a meal, then I should just drink a Protein drink. To eat properly, I have weigh out 2 oz food, put on an appetizer plate and divide into 6 portions. Then set a timer for 30 min and eat one portion every 5 min. This morning, I took over an hour to eat my Protein Bar, because I got up and did other things, paying bills, etc. then you have to wait one hour before drinking anything. However, I sipped 2 oz coffee over an hour w/my bar. And choices...eating frozen yogurt is too hard for me to control right now, and there is no real nutritional value, no Protein to speak of.

This is what I want my day to look like:

B: one egg omelet w/minced bell pepper, onion, 1/2 slice ff cheese single & vits or a medifast protein crunch bar

S: 32 oz of Water mixed w/one scoop of fuzzy naval Protein Drink and later 1 oz of turkey jerky

L: 2 oz tuna salad mixed with one tsp light mayo, minced onion, on romain lettuce leaf

or something else similar

S: 32 oz of Water mixed w/special K protein water powder or another fuzzy naval

and later maybe 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese mixed w/minced celery

D: 2 oz pork tenderloin stir fried w/zucchini, onion and some seasoning

S: Medifast parmesan cheese puffs made w/soy protein

about 600-700 calories, 80 gms protein, 64 oz water and then I walk on the treadmill or around the neighborhood 30-45 minutes and use light weights to tone while watching tv.

But, it is key to take 30 min to eat your meals, or you will hurt yourself. And you have to wait one hour after meals to drink fluids, and after drinking you have to wait 15-30 min before eating.

I don't know if it's about will power, but choice and planning and following your surgeon's orders. I still have problems controlling how fast I eat, and how much I eat, and believe me, it's painful if I break the rules.

Yummy I'm thrilled to see that there is diversity in food choices. I hope I can handle the post op time liquid only period.

Well you had it I guess. We are all waiting to hear how you did. I am scheduled for Sept. 28 if I don't chicken out!. Living in cajun country with all the food they cook here may be rough. But we have to do it for our health so we can enjoy our kids and grandkids. Hope it went well for you.

Vonnie -

I had mine on 09/09 and i hate to say it was a breeze, but I have had more discomfort and pain with dental work. Seriously. SO GLAD I did this. I ate today for the first time (real food -mushies) and I can currently eat about 1/20th of what I used to. AMAZING. Can't wait to hear from LAN2K!!!

Hi all my surgery is nearly TWO days away...Tuesday the 15th. I can't tell you how many times my feet get cold! My intention is to come back here and tell you all how it went and how I am progressing in detail very soon after my surgery. Can I ask for a prayer? I thank God we're in this together. I'll be praying for each and every one of you too. My doctor's name is Baiju C. Gohil in North Shore LIJ' date=' Syosett, NY.[/quote']

Hi I'm having my surgery with dr gohil on April 17th. Just wanted to see how yours went. Ty